Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

75th Ranger Regiment

Hey mate, not alot sadly. im currently in the process of finding a new house/job some 800km away as i intend to move in the next house, that and my current job are taking up alot of time. However work will go on, slowly, but i will try and get some more info out in the next week or so.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Hey mate, not alot sadly. im currently in the process of finding a new house/job some 800km away as i intend to move in the next house, that and my current job are taking up alot of time. However work will go on, slowly, but i will try and get some more info out in the next week or so.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

How about releasing a beta of what you have to the public, get our feedback, and then release the final product once all your personal affairs are in order? As it stands, your addon is pretty much the most anticipated one at the moment and I'm sure its because many guys want to use your units for missions that they have planned.

What you have showed so far would satisfy a lot of guys in the community and you know that we will come back and give our thoughts on your work. I think it would be a great idea to release a beta and then you can concentrate on more important matters and then people can stop checking this thread begging for updates.

Good luck on the move, bro.:)

How about releasing a beta of what you have to the public, get our feedback, and then release the final product once all your personal affairs are in order? As it stands, your addon is pretty much the most anticipated one at the moment and I'm sure its because many guys want to use your units for missions that they have planned.

What you have showed so far would satisfy a lot of guys in the community and you know that we will come back and give our thoughts on your work. I think it would be a great idea to release a beta and then you can concentrate on more important matters and then people can stop checking this thread begging for updates.

Good luck on the move, bro.:)

i second this!

Some people might be sastified with the work done but first Rhodesy himself have to be satisfied with his units.

If addons makers have to release a beta version of their work just so people stop bumping their thread, there's something wrong...

Just leave those threads where they are. It's damn annoying to see these coming up, expecting for some news, and find out it's another "news request".

No matter how far complete the process is, there's a big chunk of 'admin' that has to be done when releasing an addon.. final pbo'ing, zipping, readme-making, removing test/debug items, finding an uploader, and then testing all that to finish up

I understand both Macadam Cow and DaveP and what they are saying, but here is what I was getting at. Rhodesy77 has all the right to say he is not releasing a public beta for the community for any reason he sees fit. That is why I only made a suggestion for only him to answer, not anyone else.

He already stated that addon was pretty much nearly finished and that he was sending it to his testers and then it all of sudden stopped and we find out that he will be busy with personal matters. That is why I made the suggestion that he release the beta publicly and make his final version once he is able to.

Do everyone realize that many in the community have been following this addon since July 23, 2010? Not Jan 23, 2011, but since July of last year and all of us were impressed with his work and made some suggestions along the way which Rhodesy77 took in kindness and respect. That is why some people may not mind if a beta is released due to the delay.

Last month he was close to pushing the addon out the door and then things came up. I can completely understand the situation and I fully respect Rhodesy77's decision if he chooses not to release a beta. I hope he does, but it is all up to him.

I understand both Macadam Cow and DaveP and what they are saying, but here is what I was getting at. Rhodesy77 has all the right to say he is not releasing a public beta for the community for any reason he sees fit. That is why I only made a suggestion for only him to answer, not anyone else.

He already stated that addon was pretty much nearly finished and that he was sending it to his testers and then it all of sudden stopped and we find out that he will be busy with personal matters. That is why I made the suggestion that he release the beta publicly and make his final version once he is able to.

Do everyone realize that many in the community have been following this addon since July 23, 2010? Not Jan 23, 2011, but since July of last year and all of us were impressed with his work and made some suggestions along the way which Rhodesy77 took in kindness and respect. That is why some people may not mind if a beta is released due to the delay.

Last month he was close to pushing the addon out the door and then things came up. I can completely understand the situation and I fully respect Rhodesy77's decision if he chooses not to release a beta. I hope he does, but it is all up to him.

Oddly enough, you're the first person I don't want to lambaste for asking for an update. Your reply is very well thought out. I'm impressed. :)

Abs

Oddly enough, you're the first person I don't want to lambaste for asking for an update. Your reply is very well thought out. I'm impressed. :)

Abs

Thanks, but the truth is that I never asked for an update. I have waited patiently for his work to be released (even though I can't even use it if it is released because I'm away from home at the moment), but when he said he had other stuff come up and that he sent them to the testers and that it was a week away from being released, I came up with the idea for him to release a beta to the public and he concentrate on more important matters.

The work he has shown is good enough for a beta release and since he was so close, I figured why not have everyone walk away at least being partially happy. The public would be treated to a early build of a great looking addon where they can look at it and leave even more suggestions for him here for future updates and Rhodesy77 can attend to personal matters and have more information waiting for him when he wants to start it back up.

It is a win-win for everyone and I just figured "why not ask?", it couldn't hurt to see what happens.

Abs

word up, brother.

But i must say i agree. We can only wait from now on though, so it's not really worth debating further, at least in my opinion.

Plenty of reference images still available, and at your disposal! Bets of luck with your move!

G'day guys, sorry for a lack of a reply but as said earlier my life is currently in a state of controlled caos atm :P. However work does continue and i am starting to get some more spare time, so should get some more updates in the future. As for a public beta, atm no. only reason for this is that somehow ive caused one of the units to crash the game, with no sign of errors... so untill this is solved no beta.

Anyway heres some pics of the molle belt ive done just to prove work does go on.

beltj.th.jpg

belt2u.th.jpg

belt1f.th.jpg

Anyway thoughts?

Also Morphene mate feel free to .zip those refs up and send em my way :)

Cheers

Rhodesy.

How about some Rangers wearing the PCU? Would be great to include some units wearing that as well for some cold weather missions.

If you look earlier in this thread youll see my PCU jacket. Theres one unit with it.

Heres a old pic of the PCU.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8682/t1tl.jpg

Looks great! Will some of them have the PCU bottom as well? Most of the Rangers that I saw were wearing tops and bottoms. Also, if you are making individual models, would be very cool if you could have maybe one or two wearing their body armor higher than normal. I know it seems crazy because why would anyone wear their body armor high and not fully protect their midsection, but you would be surprised at how many actually do it.

Your models look great so far and all I can say is that you could focus on making the models look different by adding small things on their gear to add variety.

Edited by bugkill

The PCU unites I see know have the sleeves rolled up. Defeats the purpose....

The plates are high, because the carrier is small. The killzone, as taught in CQB tables is what we called the high five. Outside of the area not covered by the plates. Granted, a shot to the midsection could be fatal, but so could a shot to the leg...

Wont be messing around with the Vests to much just yet, as it would add ALOT more to the production time. also i dont see any rolled up PCU in that pic?

Each unit will have differences in their kit, but this will be more obvious after the beta as its low on the to-do list.

The PCU unites I see know have the sleeves rolled up. Defeats the purpose....

The plates are high, because the carrier is small. The killzone, as taught in CQB tables is what we called the high five. Outside of the area not covered by the plates. Granted, a shot to the midsection could be fatal, but so could a shot to the leg...

I"m familiar with the size of the plate carriers because I wore one before, but some people were wearing them higher than normal, as in, they could have adjusted it to be a bit lower and not so ridiculously high. Did not make any sense to wear it that way if you have the ability to lower it or get another piece of armor to cover more of your vital area. Might as well not even bring plates if you have to wear it that high, but to each their own. If it suits them, who am I to judge.

You are right that a shot to the leg can turn out to be just as fatal to a shot to the gut, but even a non-fatal gut shot can render you combat ineffective. I'll take a shot to the leg anyday over getting hit in the gut on the battlefield.

Edited by bugkill

I wore one too, for 4 1/2 years. That is the purpose behind their positioning. We took a light weight carrier and plate system for the type of work we did.

Rhodesy, images will be enroute via PM!

I wore one too, for 4 1/2 years. That is the purpose behind their positioning. We took a light weight carrier and plate system for the type of work we did.

Rhodesy, images will be enroute via PM!

I'm fully aware of how you guys (I assuming that you are a Ranger) and even some of our SF operators wore those plate carriers. I know about the cqb stuff and why some do it, but my personal opinion is that it was not necessary.

Just my .02 cents and it don't mean that it was right or wrong, just not what I did or needed to do in order to do close quarters. No need for stress, brother.

Was, 05-09. No stress here.

It's not easy climbing walls in IBA, lol.

No, bro. Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger:). To be honest, I had no problem climbing walls wearing IBA, but it sucked doing the rest of the damn endurance course wearing that crap, lol.

G'day guys, not a whole lot of news, moving cities soon so been busy organising that... but i have resumed a bit of work, mainly just bug fixing and what not.

Heres a couple of pics of the Teamleader.

teamleader1.jpg

teamleader2.jpg

As you can see everything is falling in place lol. I just want to fix a couple more things then ill be releasing a "closed" public beta (By closed i mean no mirrors) so hang around for that.

One thing i do need to ask is this. Today i changed its class to the OA delta guys, and setup backpacks and everything, however now they seem to spawn in with backpacks which i dont want. And i havnt defined any backpacks in the config or anything like that. anyone have any ideas? its one of the main things holding me back from a beta since i fixed all the game breakers.

Anyway hope to get something to you all soon

Cheers

Rhodesy