Drifter

[Terrain] Southern Waziristan, Pakistan (Release Thread)

Hello everyone, I have finally got around to releasing my newest project, Southern Waziristan, Pakistan located in the Federally Administrative Tribal Areas.

Google maps Coordinates - https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4598795,69.896023,7212m/data=!3m1!1e3

V1.0 Beta Release:

Don't expect to much at this point, only half of the map is finished at this point and I'm still working on towns, vegetation and terraforming.

• Several towns finished
  • 1 Military Combat Outpost
  • Smoothed road system in populated areas
  • Small detailed war torn vehicles and towns
  • 100000+ Objects placed

Please mention any issues in the terrain that you guys find so I can get them fixed in the next update.

Required Addons:

JBAD_Buildings

Discussion thread for pictures and past topics - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182067-southern-waziristan-fata-pakistan-wip/

Downloads:

Mediafire

• Like 1

hi good job man! will add it to armaholic?

Thanks. I plan on having this addon on ArmAholic whenever Foxhound or a ArmAholic moderator gets it the time to go through it and upload it.

Might be wise to add the required addons to your top post there. Looks like JBad is needed, at least.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 2

nice you are the men lets shoot some tailban

looks nice like the out post so far you did an outstanding job on this hope you dont have the same problem you had with you other map 

Thanks. I plan on having this addon on ArmAholic whenever Foxhound or a ArmAholic moderator gets it the time to go through it and upload it.

Inbound and top work mate.

Short little wander around, looks good.

Short little wander around, looks good.

That Real Light addon looks so good, thanks for this and another good showcase video.

nice you are the men lets shoot some tailban

looks nice like the out post so far you did an outstanding job on this hope you dont have the same problem you had with you other map 

My fingers are always crossed, after experiencing that with Korengal. Every time I add new additions I make a backup, so I have around 20 backups or so I need to clear off shortly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully you'll work on the Korengal some more, but looks good though.

Anyone else getting poor performance on this map? My slow RAM isn't helping matters either :(

Anyone else getting poor performance on this map? My slow RAM isn't helping matters either :(

Wierd, when I tested this with a few of my unit members we were running good frames with enemies. As far as my knowledge base goes on this I can't narrow down what might be the problem. Is it only in certain areas or regions of the terrain?

hi is there a way you can make something so the buildings dont get destroyed so easy. till the guys form jbad fix it ? just asking 

bin messing around all day to day on this map i think is the jbad that giving the performance problem after some time i have that to i just ported one of my missions over and play and after some time if some buildings get blown to paces my fps goes from 55 to 17

but so far love the map 

bin messing around all day to day on this map i think is the jbad that giving the performance problem after some time i have that to i just ported one of my missions over and play and after some time if some buildings get blown to paces my fps goes from 55 to 17

but so far love the map 

Hmm, ok. I've noticed when a buildings are destroyed and shrapnel and pieces go flying frames to tend to drop a bit.

About making the buildings stronger, I have no idea if their is a way to make the objects with stand more damage. If there is I would love to know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cool map. Nice vegetation placement. Nice job so far

Thanks, glad people are enjoying it so far.

Don't know much about buildings in arma but I was hoping that can be fix with a temp config or so. Have really know idea

The "grenade detonating entire building bug can apparently be fixed by changing  the explosionShielding value on Land_Jbad_Mil_ControlTower and Land_Jbad_Mil_House. 

so it is just a config fix my point is when the fix would come with the map then every one who downloads it has it and it would had a bisign

New mod v1.0-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey drifter , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.