eggbeast

BAFX and Rangemaster mod packs - released

What plane is that screenshot from?  It looks like the Su34...  I would assume that is BIS' HUD?

Speaking from experience changinge the HUD pieces around can be VERY tedious work.  Which is why you never see "real" HUD's in any of these planes.  I suspect most people play w/ the crosshairs enabled, making that double-crosshair issue apparent.  It does look like shit.  Doubt it will be fixed any time soon, however.  Adjustments require making edits in the config, compiling, loading the game, testing, exiting the game, wash rinse repeat.  Over and over and over.  Real time suck.

eggbeast, these things are very important for the game on the network for which you have all this and do.

We are trying to help you, in how much your addon is used in a wide audience of players to the hardcore gaming mode.
Some bugs can be corrected by simply editing the config, other editing animations and models.
You can not deny the expense of what you are doing really cool stuff, but every new thing you need to do is not quickly and efficiently, and that's a fact.

Please correct these things, they are very important to us!

P.S. If you need, i have some HD textures for Russian Aviation Force (like in real) Su-25SM, Mi-24 and Mi-8MT/MTV/AMTSH (
 and
) :)  .
P.S.S. And I forgot something, whether it is possible to add a decal numbers on Su-25, Su-34, Mi-24 and Mi-8?

your textures and decals look good man - i'd be happy to test them on the aircraft

pm me a link to them?

• Like 1

The CAS, HCAS and EHCAS variants of all of the MiG-23 models for the CDF have Taki skins.  But love the new variable geometry sweeping wings!

found the issue - will be fixed this week

thanks for reporting (again)!

i have the cockpit view or 1st person camera in su-27m and su-30 is not centered well as it is leaned slightly to left like in those photos (one for su 27 and other for su 30) .. can you fix them?

http://s2.postimg.org/u8parias9/arma2oa_2015_12_06_22_39_54_62.png

http://s30.postimg.org/4esthlrap/arma2oa_2015_12_06_22_41_38_18.png

You're the first to notice and report this in almost a year :)

All that was imported from the free planes pack.  The HUD's are incredibly difficult to center.  I spent a great deal of time trying to align it with the pilot animation. I got it to that point and gave up in frustration.  The cockpit and animation needs to be completely reworked.  It is a huge time suck to make 0.0025 scale adjustments, recompile, test, repeat until it is working.  I *HATE* working on HUD's myself because of this process!  :)  I personally have no plans to work on any more A2 content, so I would propose that it will be investigated for the A3 version unless someone else on the team works on it further.

• Like 1

maybe when the moon shines blue.

Ok "3.7 full" has been replaced on Armaholic to correct an error with missing files (pook_4k51 etc)

Apologies to all who may have had problems connecting to our mission demo

If you only see SCUD's in your editor under SSBM then please update your mod.

Rangemaster 3.8 patch is out

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/releases/Rangemaster_patch3_8.rar

- added new mk82 snake-eye models (wld427)

- added mk81 snake-eye

- fixed all the errors from the core patch, and reinstated many weapon zeroing / NVG compatibility / thermal modes etc that corepatch had broken

- added tracer ammo for the DMR

• Like 1

Thanks a LOT for keeping this up n running!  ;)

Since BIS is now listening to the DAYZ and Epoch kids and reverting fixes as we speak, Rangemaster is the last active line of defense for the tactical wargaming in A2  :ph34r:

new promo vid by EW Britishbigfoot

foxhound - can we add this to our armaholic page pls mate?

• Like 2

foxhound - can we add this to our armaholic page pls mate?

But of course :)

But, I know I am really good, almost perfect actually (com'on....its always christmas, let me dream) so you pretty much knew I would see your request. But PM'ing me whe you need me to do something is actually a more secure way to make sure it happens :D

Armaholic downloadpage updated with the video:

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Rangemaster mod pack v3.8

required_addons.png

Arma 2

Arma 2: Combined Operations compatibility MP patch (ACR lite)

Community Base Addons

Great addon guys - only with the 3.8 patch I seem to be getting an error message with the Su17/22 plane only.  ( All other aircraft are working/showing up fine) 

"Animation source klen_y not found in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FRL_Su22_##_###"   (##_### is faction and version of fixed wing)

After error messge - Sukhoi is not visible in game, only pilot and loadout are shown.  Almost looks like Stealthboy technology.

Once again, great addon and thanks for keeping ARMA 2 alive and kicking with new/updated weapons and systems.

Merry Christmas guys,

Stephen

Edit - have downloaded patch and full 3.8 version from Armaholic - error message still present.

My bad i hadnt managed to finish it yet and didnt mean to release it yet. My advice ... Leave it in the hangar!

No worries, I was afraid it was a conflict on my end.

In the hanger it shall remain! Thanks.

Have a good one,

Stephen

I could make a simple one. What is the likely magnification?

Gunner in Mi-24P can't operate AT missiles, please fix!

it works fine for me.

the mi-24p is a little different to the D and V models, as he has a fixed nose cannon.

as a result, he cannot move his laser marker or manually guide missiles.

this is an engine limitation.

however if you see an enemy truck within about a 20 degree cone of influence, you can lock it and hit it with an AGM.

this is how it is supposed to work, given that we cannot allow the gun to traverse!

I suppose i could give the pilot the cannon and allow the gunner to move his laser/ missile turret

I will be adding those RHS heli textures you sent me (saying we had permission to use them) in the next update.

Also the new scimitar

and the fixed hind lod

but it will be a few weeks at least as i am busy with unsung a3 atm.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks you.

One question, how do you create movable camera on Su 34? I can't add her on my planes, she is static :C

you must add all of the animations, memory points and selections required by a moving turret

class FRL_Su34Skeleton: Plane
	{
		isDiscrete=0;
		skeletonInherit="Plane";
		skeletonBones[]=
		{
			"sensors_turret","",
			"sensors","sensors_turret",
			"turret","",
			"gun","turret",
class CfgModels
{
	class Plane;
	class FRL_Su34: Plane
	{
		skeletonName="FRL_Su34Skeleton";
		sectionsInherit="Plane";
		class Animations
		{
//gunner turret cam
			class MainTurret
			{
				type="rotationY";
				source="mainTurret";
				selection="Turret";
				axis="turret_axis";
				animPeriod=0;
				memory=1;
				minValue="rad -360";
				maxValue="rad +360";
				angle0="rad -360";
				angle1="rad +360";
			};
			class MainGun
			{
				type="rotationX";
				source="mainGun";
				selection="gun";
				axis="gun_axis";
				animPeriod=0;
				memory=1;
				minValue="rad -360";
				maxValue="rad +360";
				angle0="rad -360";
				angle1="rad +360";
			};

class SensorTurret: MainTurret
			{
				selection="sensors_turret";
				axis="sensors_turret_axis";
			};
			class Sensors: MainGun
			{
				selection="sensors";
				axis="sensors_axis";
			};

you can copy these from the stock sample helicopters like the kamov

eggbeast, thanks you, but it's strange, i use your model and no effect...

you must also create the elements in your model.p3d, and add the right names to your class turret in your vehicle config.cpp.

will you add more updates to ISIS in the mod ? i really enjoyed playing with them and btw i think imho ISIS terrorrists use AKs as main guns not m16s especially the ak-47 ... i can provide you with images if you like .