eggbeast

BAFX and Rangemaster mod packs - released

Roadblock and I played through several objectives last night.  The new stuff kicks ass (especially the stuff I made :p ).  A few observations:

- EF2000 CAP.  Napalm?  Really?  All the planes have the same. exact. loadout. for missions.  We need to explore variations of the loadouts somewhat based on plane/faction.  Lots of unused ordnance in the missileboxes.

- 4K51 SSBM wasn't listed in the 3.4 update but is in the mission.  Roadblock had to d/l that manually.  I don't know which d/l he selected however.

- Does UAV control work?  It seems to spawn a UAV that doesn't actually fly right... although the enemy does like to target them!  :)

- Airfield lag.  I am pretty sure the triggers are contributing to the spike when you near it.  It seems that whatever scripts (rearm?) are running via the trigger, that seems to be a contributor, if not THE contributor.

- Spare tires.  Range rover, ambulance, etc. have spares but no action for them... is this modelled?

- I need to add a 2-3 second pause to the parachute scripts, then check if aircraft is still on ground (damper animation phase check?).  Otherwise bouncing/missed landings will still deploy chute.

- Mig25/31.  Very nice to see such a fast moving plane in-game.  I need to check Mig-25 landing gear animations as it appears I screwed something up.

The Mig-25 landing gear is almost certainly one of the last things I'll mod of A2.  I'm focusing on "localizing" my mods for A3 so that no references back to A2 defaults will screw up the conversion to A3.  Its all tedious work.

the CAP plane doesnt have napalm, CAS carries it in some planes

the SSBMs were in the earlier release and release notes

that UAV is an old script i plan to write my own module to replace it

i dont get any airfield lag, so i need to understand it better

the rearm stuff is going into a module any day now

the spare tyres do all work yes

the mig goes real fast with the afterburner script i developed.  without it forget it lol. arma engine has crap acceleration for planes

it does need some realistic fuel consumption adding at some point

what ordnance is unused? not sure theres much except the french stuff that myke made for PRACS a while back

I will add the IRIS-T to the typhoon though

Released Rangemaster patch 3.5

FILE

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/releases/Rangemaster_patch3_5.rar

HOW TO

this is a PATCH for rangemaster 3.4, write over your mod, or get it in full from armaholic or PWS

DETAILS

Small changes and some new content by Eggbeast

- FIXED small issue in EB_armour Tunguska - was causing a missing model popup

- NEW Rangemaster mod icon

- NEW Rangemaster module featuring:

-- Removable/ attachable silencers for many handguns and rifles (including Rangemaster, BIS, PRACS, RH and vilas weapons)

-- Throwing knife (within 10m)

-- Melee with rifle butt and stabbing with knife (within 2m)

-- Jerry cans that can be filled from ambient fueltanks or other vehicles (using a Siphon)

-- Jerry cans can be used to add fuel to an empty vehicle

-- Many vehicles contain Jerry cans in cargo

-- Rearm of vehicles within 50m of repair trucks or 150m of Aircraft hangars or aircraft carriers

-- Repair and refuel of vehicles within 50m of a variety of vehicle depots (green and yellow vehicle repair bays, many fuel stations inc. those on Icebreakr's maps and Sahrani)

-- Dynamic rearming for most aircraft, including all of the Rangemaster aircraft - supports 7 combat roles for planes and 4 for helicopters - within 50m of repair truck or 150m of hangar, or on carrier deck (LHD or USS Nimitz). Rearming takes 60 seconds, and is cancelled if you take-off, or drive away.  The Multi-Role (MR) variant of each aircraft in the pack is supported for dynamic rearming.  If you are operating a 2 seater plane, you must first localise the turret (get in as gunner) before getting in as pilotto activate the rearming menu.

To enable the features simply add the RM module to your mission.

An example mission is included to demonstrate the module functions

Guys hats down... for making ARMA 2 still alive...

The Mig-31 and 25 models are awesome!

I tested yesterday. I have a question:

How does the Melee system works?

What keys are binded to specific actions like knife attack and buttstock attack. How do you throw the knife?

I was checking out the testing mission and could not figure it out.

Thats one thing and the other thing is:

I have noticed that the GP-25 airburst/pellet grenade does not work.

It shoots but with no effect?

Another question: Are aircrafts repaired within 150 m of Hangars and rearmed?

Again i tested yesterday on the test mission but nothing happened.

Anyways great work! Hats down for the number of features and weapons, vehicles, items present all in one addon release bugs like these happens here and there but guys you have my admiration....

BTW do you have any time frame when there will be a OSV-96 rifle model? Currently KSVK model is used.

Thanks!

we still await delivery of the OSV-96 finished model from von knudenberg

here is the ingame test shot of the WIP model - I'm sure you'll agree it's worth waiting for!

tyrian_woman_6_zpst8qe4cik.jpg

the melee system uses the action menu popups - we didn't add shortcut keys yet,

you must first "see" your enemy in order to kill him, so ensure that you right click on them to "reveal target"

i put in 4 enemies to start with,  i think currently the code, being quite involved, has only capacity to use on EAST side by WEST. this can be changed at some point in future to detect opposing force to your SIDE.

here is a vid showing me using the knife in combat with AI in unsung (same code - i wrote it for unsung too)

here is the silencer code working

and the bayonet, which then works just like a knife stab

HOWEVER - i have never gotten around to adding bayonets to L85/M4/AK74 as i plan at some point to do,

this longer vid shows the gas and knife in full effect with my spy character (spy is currently mission-side code but i may add it to the mod at some point)

it is an earlier version of the code so the sounds are different.

Airburst and pellets are different. 

Airburst is a bouncy grenade that inevitably ends up in the air after landing then it explodes with a frag effect

Pellets are a shotgun muzzle added to the grenade launchers, and they only work in the M79 i think... press [weapon select] (F) to select the shotgun muzzle of the M79.  we did this so that they would make different sounds to the "plunk" of firing a grenade,

The OSV is a beauty!

One thing i did not mention that turned out to be crucial was that i modified the test mission.

I used an OPFOR character instead of the BLUEFOR provided...

And since you said the meele system currently works only against EAST side so thats why...

Maybe you could share the IDs of the action menus regarding the meele system?

I could take a look and make it EAST side "compatible"?

Im not sure how exactly you made the meele system but if i remember correctly there is a possibility of adding a condition if to show action menu item or not. So i assume you have the logic deciding this outside of the actual melee action menu item?

I wil ltest the pellets and airburst. Thanks man!

Another question: Are aircrafts repaired within 150 m of Hangars and rearmed?

Again i tested yesterday on the test mission but nothing happened.

yeah, and if it's a multi-role aircraft marked as (MR) in name, or in classname _MR at the end, then it will also be able to be re-armed for up to 7 roles, depending on the aircraft.

hangars supported are only BIS ones at the moment, otherwise place a repair truck about 10-50m away from your aircraft.

if it is a two-seater plane or chopper, be sure to mount as gunner then move to pilot seat, to localise the turret to yourself (not needed in your own editor mode)

the script is an update to this old one i did

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20545&highlight=COCKPIT%2BREARM

Hi,

Here is an idea that I think should be incorporated. For the BlackHawk Heli, maybe add the fastrope ability? Could be useful IMO.

we can look at it. the scripted fastropes in game are all a little buggy in MP, so i've never enjoyed them too much.

always one of the team falls to his death or gets stuck trying to get the action etc. in the end it's quicker by far to land the heli!

Its ok if its not implemented, I was mostly thinking for SP or Co-OP use. I was trying to hammer out a custom Black Hawk Down-esque mission where fastroping would be needed for Chalks 1 and 2  at least. I'm not the best at scripting though :/

if we do it we'll make our own system, as all the others fail in one way or another.

a bit like my knife script - it works fast as we use the point anims, rather than a "put away your rifle, take out the knife, do the stab animation, put away the knife, take out the rifle" mess that normal BIS anims would require... - the idea being that you get the thing to FUNCTION as it's meant to, so for fast-roping it would mean - everyone gets roped down in a single script rather than having each person locate the point, attach to the rope, then activate the roping script...

I hope you will not forget about these things.

And, I wanted to know whether you plan to make a BTR-80. It's very important vehicle on our games, but we now have only BTR-70.

Thanks.

sure, i'm planning to do the AC130 at some point.

do you have a model donor in mind for the btr80?

ok patch 3.6 is out

Notes for Rangemaster 3.6

FILE

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/releases/Rangemaster_patch3_6.rar

Instructions

This file is a PATCH for the rangemaster mod pack v 3.5. overwrite your @rangemaster\addons folder with these pbos

Changelog

ADDED A10 GAU8 now rotates

FIXED firing modes of GAU8 (had a duplicated 1s burst mode meaning you had to press F twice to select 2s burst)

FIXED F-16C afterburner animations

ADDED dynamic rearming for Su24

ADDED dynamic rearming for Su22 and Mig21 (planes to follow in 3.7)

NEW Su24MK Fencer D

ADDED to Missilebox:

--Renamed SAB100/500 to ZAB100/500 incendiary
--Added new weapon EB_ODAB500_Launcher for FAE bomb
--EB_BombLauncher_fab100_FRAG is the OFAB100
--Added EB_BombLauncher_fab500Sh as the retarded parachute 1000lb bomb

--Added mags for SPPU6 and GSh-6-23 cannons

--Added TN1000 bomb (no nuke effect yet)

--Added SPS141 and delta-NG2 pods for Su22

Su24MK Fencer D

model developed by Footmunch, wld427 & Myke

with new edits by Eggbeast including

scripts by hcpookie, Eggbeast, footmunch, myke, wld427, RKSL and UNN

weapon models by wld427, myke, von knudenberg and Eggbeast

sounds by hcpookie, Eggbeast, VictorFarbau and BigPickle

screenshots

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171338-frl-air-mod-wip/page-18#entry2941335

Classnames

"FRL_Su24_RU_CAP",
"FRL_Su24_RU_CAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_HCAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_EHCAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_AGM",
"FRL_Su24_RU_MR",
"FRL_Su24_RU_LBMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_BMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_HBMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_LGB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_SEAD",

"FRL_Su24_CDF_CAP",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_CAS",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_HCAS",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_EHCAS",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_AGM",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_MR",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_LBMB",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_BMB",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_HBMB",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_LGB",
"FRL_Su24_CDF_SEAD",

"FRL_Su24_INS_CAP",
"FRL_Su24_INS_CAS",
"FRL_Su24_INS_HCAS",
"FRL_Su24_INS_EHCAS",
"FRL_Su24_INS_AGM",
"FRL_Su24_INS_MR",
"FRL_Su24_INS_LBMB",
"FRL_Su24_INS_BMB",
"FRL_Su24_INS_HBMB",
"FRL_Su24_INS_LGB",
"FRL_Su24_INS_SEAD",

"FRL_Su24_TK_CAP",
"FRL_Su24_TK_CAS",
"FRL_Su24_TK_HCAS",
"FRL_Su24_TK_EHCAS",
"FRL_Su24_TK_AGM",
"FRL_Su24_TK_MR",
"FRL_Su24_TK_LBMB",
"FRL_Su24_TK_BMB",
"FRL_Su24_TK_HBMB",
"FRL_Su24_TK_LGB",
"FRL_Su24_TK_SEAD",

"FRL_Su24_RU_D_CAP",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_CAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_HCAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_EHCAS",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_AGM",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_MR",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_LBMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_BMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_HBMB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_LGB",
"FRL_Su24_RU_D_SEAD"

Features:

11 roles (CAP, CAS, HCAS, EHCAS, AGM, MR, LBMB, BMB, HBMB, LGB, SEAD) each armed differently

5 factions (RU, RU-des, CDF, INS, TK) with new custom roundels, and reorganised/ tweaked skins

Global random numbering of each plane

Dynamic rearming menu for the Multi-Role (MR) variant for 7 roles

New cannon placement and rotating barrel for the new GSh-6-23 cannon

New muzzleflashes for the cannon and up to 3x SPPU-6 gunpods

New afterburner animation and plasma trails

Cockpit compartment for both pilot and gunner (slide-over seating)

Improved gunner optics, added NVG and thermal sighting, rangefinder, laser designator and moveable cannon pods

(the only inaccuracy is that the pods will traverse the full 360 degrees of the laser targeting pod... if i restrict the cannon i restrict the laser! and from experience if you disable lookback on the laser then you miss with your bombs)

New engine sound and cockpit radio

New maxspeed of 1654 km/h and improved envelope/ handling

Wheelbrakes

Sweeping wings based on speed

88 new weapon mount proxies enabling a full range of munitions on 1x, 2x, 3x and 6x racks

Hidden selections for shoulder AA racks

New weapon loadouts including

Bombs

OFAB100 frag-HE

FAB100, FAB250 (M62), FAB500 (M62HE) HE

FAB500 (Sh- retarded bomb with parachute)
KAB500Kr, KAB1500Kr GPS bombs
KAB250L, KAB500L, KAB1500L LGBs
KAB500SE GPS/JDAM (gps, ir and laser locking)
ODAB500 FAE thermobaric bomb
RBK250, RBK500 frag clusterbombs
RBK500 SPBED antitank clusterbomb
ZAB100, ZAB500 incendiary bombs

Rockets

S5 (57mm), S8 (80mm), S13 (130mm), S24 (240mm) and S25 (350mm) - smoke, frag, FAE, AP and HE warheads

Missiles

Kh25MP, Kh29D Air-Ground Missiles

Kh25MTP, Kh31, Kh58 Anti Radiation Missiles (with pooks radar hunting technology)

R60, R60M Air-Air Missiles

-more to follow in 3.7...

first link is for citizensnip_vse_addoni.rar - does this mean they are made by citizensnip?

he gave his Mig23 to dark_raptor and then i redeveloped it as his permission was pretty broad.

is he ok with us using his other models? I guess i would need to message him but i think he doesnt speak english.

link 2 contains this message from Havoc86 (just under posts from citizensnip)

Due to the fact that my knowledge in Arma has not yet reached domodelirovaniya , spread almost full pack of addons Citizensnip'a FOR Arma 2 (all that I have - in one RAR archive 412 Mb ; link at the bottom ) to other beginners and experienced addon makers
Citizensnip ( author of the add-ons in this pack ) released the addons in the open access that anyone can download them and finish !

Attention addons require further development . While those who are not interested in perfectionism can juzat many now.

Thus, in the pack ( for alphabet with details of names and comments ) (see . photo of some add-ons in the annex ) :

It's the pack with unfinished addons he released for everybody who want to finish them. Second link is for the post with description of pack (in Russian).

It's the pack with unfinished addons he released for everybody who want to finish them. Second link is for the post with description of pack (in Russian).

So does anyone know if these are "from scratch" models or were they sourced from elesewhere?  Some of those models look promising, however I would hate to start on something only to find they weren't usable due to a different source...