Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'capped'.
Found 1 result
FlashCrack posted a topic in ARMA 3 - SERVERS & ADMINISTRATIONHey guys, Don't know if this is in the correct forum, if it's not I do apologize. Anyways, I and my unit have switched over from session per session basis missions to a full-on ALiVE campaign, we had a game server and we ran ALiVE with no problem, it was using about 6GB of memory with quite a large amount of vAI, around 250-300 total. Now we switched to a server box in order to have more space on our server and more flexibility. Now here comes the problem, little test missions we did were fine and now we're stuck at launching our ALiVE campaign. We've tried adding -MaxMem to the extra parameters on TADST which we use to launch the server but it did not work. We are capped at about 4GB of memory no matter how hard we try pushing it, our server box is 64 bit, we use the 64-bit .exe to launch the server, and we have about 24GB of RAM on our server box because we host our TeamSpeak and the rest there. My question is how do we get rid of this cap, we are using 20% of our server box capacity, there is a way since the game server we rented had 16GB and had no problem of going up to 7GB of memory being used on large campaigns. If you need any more information about our server or setup feel free to ask we just need to get this sorted, its causing issues and making our favorite game mode, quite unenjoyable. Thank you all in advance to those who respond. EDIT: We believe that this, in fact, causes the delay in any actions happening, whether it is us trying to hit the AI, people's guns are shooting long after they actually stopped, and sometimes people just de-sync. Despite the 120-140ms ping for most of our members (due to the distance of the server from us) we strongly do believe that the issue is down to the capped RAM, since once it goes up it is literally stuck at 4,403.53MB and it moves maybe by .20MB here and there. We also believe that it is due to the capped RAM because once the server reaches the cap, is when the delay and other issues happen. Or at least, we need to test if it is indeed the RAM before we request anything from our provider, but a cap definitely exists.