Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT Dynamic AI

What is GLT Dynamic AI?

The GLT Dynamic AI is a module addon for ArmA II where you can set up variables and variable-arrays to execute different functions.

vV7lzqpBq58

Feature-Overview:

• AI groups support each other in combat situations
  • AI calls for air support
  • AI reacts to shoots of non-silenced weapons
  • Defining of dynamic and static AI groups
  • Support of over 100 AI groups
  • Debug markers for every Dynamic AI group
  • Works with all factions and all units
  • Defineing of blacklist areas where no shoot detection occurs
  • Activation and Deactivation of the module during the mission
  • Adding of new AI groups into the GLT Dynamic AI during the mission

Every function is optional! There is no duty to use certain functions. The majority of the functions is disabled by default to ensure maximum compatibility to other addons.

The GLT Dynamic AI must be placed inside a mission so the functions can work. The mission.sqm will get an addon-entry. Already created missions will not be affected by the GLT Dynamic AI.

gltdynamicai1.th.jpggltdynamicai2.th.jpg

Background Information:

The Dynamic AI module was created because we felt the ArmA II AI was too soft in combat. Even if there were huge combats most of the AI didn't react to the player's actions. We wanted to make the AI a greater threat as we had good experiences with Grouplink.

Testing Environment:

The GLT Dynamic AI works in singleplayer mode as well as in multiplayer mode. Certain functions (like the Respawn Dialog) only work in multiplayer mode. The GLT Dynamic AI is Join in Progress compatible and after the player respawns it'll continue to work. The latest test environment was the ArmA II 1.04 dedicated server having multiple clients of different 1.04 beta builds connected. The total amount of developement time was ca. 6 months.

Conflicts with other scripts and addons:

Greater conflicts shouldn't happened. But please be aware that other AI scripts (like UPS script) may overwrite the waypoints. As a matter of performance we don't recommened using multiple AI scripts in one mission.

Who is the author and where can I get help?

The author of the GLT DynamicAI is [GLT]Turrican. Problems be posted here in the forums. I will redirect them to the author. Greater problems or longer discussions about some functions should be discussed here (www.glt-clan.de) because the author isn't registered here. It'll speed up help anyway.

Feature requests can be posted. Maybe they inspire us to create new functions that we can use in the future. However there is no warranty that the author will create them because he hasn't much time.

Content of the Download-Package:

• GLT Dynamic AI 1.4 (signed)
  • Documentation in german and english
  • One example mission

If someone could host this we would be very thankful :) Download links would be updated then.

Edited by [GLT] Legislator
  • Like 1

Interesting features, will try this when I get home.. thanks for sharing

Sounds nice, thanks for sharing!

Lots of nice tweaks/mods/betas raining down from the sky, my only problem is finding enough free time to try them all out ;)

Keep it up!

/KC

Very cool. Excellent video too, very impressive. Well apart from the reinforced Ka50 not contributing much. :wink:

-k

You can check out the example mission :) Every time you behave differently there is a chance of having a different combat.

Is there any way to make it work more like GroupLink did, in that it automatically detects each Air group and land group, and runs the script for them? I don't mind placing the module, but I didn't see anything in the documentation about how to use the variables, just a list of them and what it did. Plus, this way it would make quickly created editor battles have the scripts running just by placing a module down, which imho is the best way.

Is there any way to make it work more like GroupLink did, in that it automatically detects each Air group and land group, and runs the script for them?

Nope, it's meant to be a Grouplink lite equivalent. There has been some trouble with AI and airplanes in the Dynamic AI so they're not fully supported. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I don't mind placing the module, but I didn't see anything in the documentation about how to use the variables, just a list of them and what it did.

Have a look at the example mission. Use the variables to do the fine tuning (most variables have a default value which fits most islands, but have some values that shouldn't be used on small islands like Utes for example).

The most important part is defining the groups. Use DAIGROUPS = [ge1,ge2]; in the init-line of the module and enter this in the init-lines of the groupleaders of both groups: ge1=group this; for the first group and ge2=group this; for the second.

Plus, this way it would make quickly created editor battles have the scripts running just by placing a module down, which imho is the best way.

I have something in mind which I would call GLT Combat Environment - basicly a module that automizes the settings for Dynamic AI. But it's only in brainstorming phase right now and I don't even know if it'll even be created. I'll keep you up to date.

Important update of the text!

I made a stupid copy & paste error. I had written the GLT Framework has to be placed inside the editor. That was wrong. Of course GLT Dynamic AI works without the GLT Framework and is no needed addon!

Sorry for that mistake.

Important update of the text!

I made a stupid copy & paste error. I had written the GLT Framework has to be placed inside the editor. That was wrong. Of course GLT Dynamic AI works without the GLT Framework and is no needed addon!

Sorry for that mistake.

I was wondering about that :D.

Thanks.

Hmm, more AI improvements, always welcome :)

Do we know if there's any clash of interests with SLX?

I really don't know, soldier! Never used SLX before. It does contain a small grouplink does it? If so, then maybe some waypoints may be overwritten.

How do i use this exactly, just put this into the mission editor and it works, do I need to do anything else?

Also does this mod do the same thing as Group Link 3 did in Arma 1?

What sound mod is that used in the video?

Edited by Jblack9

Check the .pdf ReadMe and the example mission that he included. I haven't tried it yet but it seems you just place the GLTDynamicAI module to a mission via the 2D Editor then add some global variables into the module's init line. Make sure to check the init line of the module in the sample mission for examples. Then check the .pdf for info on each variable and others.

How do i use this exactly, just put this into the mission editor and it works, do I need to do anything else?

Manzilla wrote the answer :D

Also does this mod do the same thing as Group Link 3 did in Arma 1?

Not exactly. There are no optical effects and the AI spare time behaviour isn't touched. With GLT Dynamic AI the AI will react to fired shots and troops there, call for reinforcements and air support.

What sound mod is that used in the video?

There are 3 sound mods running: VOP Sound Mod, XAM Nature Environment and Dynamic Sound AI. You can find all of them at www.armaholic.com

OK, a little howto for all:

1. Place the GLTDynamicAI modul anywhere on the map.

2. Place a couple of KI groups on the map (with or without waypoints)

3. Name each group in the init-line of the group leader this way: <groupname> = group this;

4. Set the DAIGROUPS variable in the init-line of the module: DAIGROUPS = [<groupname#1>,<groupname#2>,<...>];

That is the minimum you must do.

Optional you can define other values for the "DAI" variables also in the init-line of the module.

Hi

I'm sorry but GLT Mod for Arma 2 is considered End of Life is not is receiving support anymore.