Sign in to follow this  
msg trit

ArmA Warfare v1.2

I noticed that Warfare v1.2 came with the v1.15 beta and was wondering what the change log for v1.2 is?

On a bug-reporting note every time I start v1.2 I get a missing script error for "Common\Functions\Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf".

I don't see any error but sure hard to tell a difference from 1.1beta, west still use RGO handgrenade so I can't imagnine any bugfixes been managed.

I'll stay with my own flavour until I find any effort to further investigate of the code base.

confused_o.gif

Edit: ye, the AddPublicVariableEventHandler for airports is still called after clients exits the script so it won't show up in MP clients.

Maybe they just updated the version number..

I don't want to install the beta patch yet, but I would like to see this new Warfare version. Could you send me the mission .pbo file?

Doomguy

Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf is not a file inside warfare that I can find - In any version BIS put out.  Not in 1.14 or 1.15b.  

I noticed the error as well.  I was able to produce this error only with 1.15 testing various server combinations of 1.14, 1.15b and the Ace mod and without it.  I'm baffled what is making this call to this script.  Must be in 1.15b somewhere.  Anyways, lots of errors are produced in the arma.rpt with 1.15b.  I reverted our game server back to 1.14 until someone figures it out.

BTW I also took the version of warfare that came with 1.14 and tried it with 1.15b and the same error is produced.

What is the purpose of Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf? What is for or what does it do?

The file is missing, but it is new to warfare 1.2 and was not present in Warfare 1.0v

LINE 51 of the Init_Common.sqf script (triggered by the InitMission script) defines GetTeamStatus. So far I have not found a script in Warefare that has code calling for the GetTeamStatus function....

Is it redundant? Something that was being worked on but left out?

Found it. So far only 1 script has GetTeamStatus (that I've found so far).

GUI_UpdateTeamMenu

LINE 45:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">lbClear (IDCGENERICLIST + 2)

{lbAdd[IDCGENERICLIST + 2,_x]} ForEach ([_units,true,true,true] Call GetTeamStatus)

Goto "UpdateFactories"

These lines of code are new to Warfare 1.2. What do they do?

EDIT: Replaced the missing Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf file from 1.2 with the same file from Warfare 1.1b.

Its also weird that the 1.15b changelog doesnt mention any fixes or changed for this.

Anyone from BIS care to explain?

Well it seems that the beta patch contains alpha Warfare update and BI people were in pre-Christmas hurry. Missing / untested core files and no documentation - it looks more like an unwanted leak.

The Warfare Mission has the following (serious, but not fatal) bugs:

Mission is missing the Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf file.

Mission Event Sound files are producing missing file errors (EG: "sound towncaptured not found" error)

The T-Menu becomes disabled at Town Depots and the Gear tab is inaccessible at times at Camps . The Commander occasionally loses his ability to access his MHQ builder menu.

The Majority of the AI-Controlled squads become disabled (usually after their first repawn). They no longer move off and attempt to complete their waypoints. They will hang around their spawn point (usually the MHQ), buy their equipment and then sit idle the rest of the game.

The Gear menu is not compatible with the ACE mod's Ruckpack system. There is no provision in the UI to display or manage items in the ruckpack. Item's in the Ruckpack are usually lost after purchasing them if the gear menu is used to purchase a new item. Items are also not displaying in their correct locations. (EG: Medical Bandage is listed in a Primary Slot under the Gear Menu, but a Secondary slot in the players [G Key] Inventory.

I've noticed huge client FPS drop after creating base structures. Usually I blame WaitUntil loops for it, as they are killing performance very effectively.

Script Common\Functions\Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf not found

Reproduced in my newly setup 1.16 server (no mods)

I reported this a while ago, but BI don't seem to be supporting ArmA at the moment as none of the other Bugs have progressed any in status.

http://armedassault.eu/bugtracker/view.php?id=20

Again BI get Project Tools the ultimate in Customer Support!

Edited by HOPEnSPIRIT

Download the Warfare 1.1 Beta and unpack both versions (16&32) with a PBO program to separate folders. After that open up your "ArmA\beta\addons\warfare.pbo" then open up then from inside there extract both Warfare 1.2 versions from the MPmissions folder, and with the new 1.2 files you need to replace the 1.1b files with the 1.2 files.

EDIT:

The Client_UpdateTownAttackedMarker.sqf is missing from Warfare 1.2

-----------------------------------

"\Client\Init\Init_Client.sqs"

Line 10: UpdateTownAttackedMarker = Compile PreprocessFile "Client\Functions\Client_UpdateTownAttackedMarker.sqf"

Line 10: UpdateTownAttackedMarker = Compile PreprocessFile "Client\Functions\Client_UpdateTownAttackedMarker.sqf"

"\Client\PVFunctions\SideMessage.sqf"

Line 27: (Str _value1) Spawn UpdateTownAttackedMarker;

---------------------------------------

Edited by Computica
The Next Missing File...