Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

Some changes for the helicopters: GDTModHelicopter

GDTModHelicopter.jpg

This Addon changes the helicopters:

- Different flight behavior (increased moment of inertia).

- Center of mass centered (left to right). You can test this very easy: Place a flying helicopter in the editor. Press the "freelock" Button. Press the "nose up" button. Without this Addon each helicopter will turn 180° after a few seconds.

- Motor less vulnerably.

- Tail rotor more vulnerably.

- UH60 M134, AH6 M134, KA50 2A42: Weapon Mode "High" removed. Two diffrent reloadTimes on the same weaponmode does not work in ArmA.

- AH6 M134: Firetime increased to 1 Minute (4000 Rnd / 2000 Rnd/min / 2 guns)

- MI-17 57mm rocket: Magazine increased to 192 rounds.

- KA50 2A42: HE and AP magazine increased to 250 rounds.

This Addon is for running on client and on server side. There are no known unintentional effects if player(s)/server are running this Addon or not.

Required:

- Armed Assault 1.14.

- Queens Gambit, or not. If you don't have Queens Gambit just don't install the file GDTModHelicopterQG.pbo.

Knowing bugs:

The BMP2 weapon 2A42 gets the same changes as the KA50 weapon.

GDTModHelicopter (35MB)

Armaholic.com mirror

ePrison.de mirror

Changelog 1.02

===========================

All weapon modifications removed.

Separate key for each addon.

Changelog 1.01

- Light bug fixed.

- Muzzle flash bug fixed.

- Compatibility to SDP Vehicles fixed.

sounds interesting)

no more 60 degrees' angle of attack for helos??

what about some video in action?

- Center of mass centered (left to right). You can test this very easy: Place a flying helicopter in the editor. Press the "freelock" Button. Press the "nose up" button. Without this Addon each helicopter will turn 180° after a few seconds.

Isn't it due (or at least, done on purpose) to the tail rotor aerodynamic "resistance" (I'm lacking the correct wording atm tounge2.gif ) making the whole frame turn?

I'm not sure a real helo can easily do a backward flight without having to fight against the tendancy of the chopper frame to turn around

I think you mean left to right turns, I think he's talking about turning the helicopter on it's back, belly up position, as if doing a loop.

I'm not totally sure .. but i know the KA-50 can fly backwards (what I think he is refering to) without any problem KA-50 - min 0:40 as example

Others like the Seaspirite dont seem to have much problem with this manouver aswell example

I'll definatly try your tweaks out .. I love flying heli's in Arma  biggrin_o.gif

I will post a bit more after some testing ^^

EDIT: ok i tested it with a few helis and compared with and without your mod - their turn stability in flight is really better now, feels like you have more controll over the craft.

Really nice!

Stoppie's without a height increasing of >100meters. smile_o.gif

Edit: But it turns around in a backward flight as before. Not as quickly as before...but it still does.

Excellent job Hein Bloed - great improvement. notworthy.gif

If people want to compare the new 'FM' with the old, use this test

addon:

TestBIHelicopterFM.pbo

You need to load GDTModHelicopter + TestBIHelicopterFM.pbo.

Standard units have Hein Bloed's FM and the "TEST_XXX" helos

use the old 'FM'.

- muzzle flash bug

Same bug here

Seems like a nice addon. Is it XEH compatible? Maybe not needed?

Wonder how it clashes with zGuba's stuff that also have changes in weapons... Time to test smile_o.gif

EDIT: I notice no difference except the weapon changes (dont see the dual MGs on the AH6 though). Might be some addon conflicting, but no other addon i use tampers with flight models. Maybe its a XEH conflict then. Will try later without other addons.

Regards

Alex

Noticed a few things:

Light Bug: UH-60, Mi-17 and AH-6/MH-6

Muzzle Bug: UH-60, Mi-17 and AH-6

I had a simmilar effect on the early version of the T-72 ERA "style".

Those effects belonged to misdefined sveto an zasleh sections in the model.cfg. May be a good job, if someone could check this smile_o.gif

Thank you for the bug reports.

You can find a new version in the first post.

Changelog 1.01

- Light bug fixed.

- Muzzle flash bug fixed.

- Compatibility to SDP Vehicles fixed.

The best way to see some different is landing a helicopter (Not the UH-60, they are good without this addon) with a joystick. Try to land a AH-1 beetween some houses. I think there is much optimation left. But it takes hours to find the best setting. And it will be only a compromise, because on the same helocopter i want on highspeed more agility, and on landing less agility.

Center of mass centered (left to right): Yes its about flying backwards. I had this several times during (trying to) howering and firing the KA50's cannon. You cant move the gun, so every aiming will result in a helicopter movement. You don't have to fly fast backwards until the KA50 is getting out of control and turning to the side or back.

To test the turn around in a backward flight you have to press first "freelock" Button and you need a dead range on the joystick, or diconnect the joystick.

The helicopters are still turn around in a backward flight, but much, much later. I did several test, but i'm not able to derive the reason or any dependence between angle, speed and time. This should only be a problem if someone wants to travel backwards.

Do you think you could edit the choppers so that they take a longer time to get the engines started like in real life? (a minute or two) And maybe increase total engine RPM of the choppers?

o)has tested earlier and I want to say thanks)

very necessary thing)

what about to make that angle of attack is more then 45 degrees' (for example) helicopter very quickly lost height) or prevent this situation by another way??)

----------------------------------------------

and may be more quality interior texture for uh60??

then you work uncompatable with this unofficial  fix?huh.gif

Changelog 1.02

All weapon modifications removed.

Separate key for each addon.

Some of the weapon modifications could crash the game on client or server side. I have removed all weapon modifikations.

You can find the new version in the first post.

I have to thank radical.ghost for the error report and testing.

Thanks for the update HeinBloed!

You removed these right?

Quote[/b] ]- UH60 M134, AH6 M134, KA50 2A42: Weapon Mode "High" removed. Two diffrent reloadTimes on the same weaponmode does not work in ArmA.

Thanks for the update HeinBloed!

You removed these right?

Quote[/b] ]- UH60 M134, AH6 M134, KA50 2A42: Weapon Mode "High" removed. Two diffrent reloadTimes on the same weaponmode does not work in ArmA.

Yes. There are only the models left.