ONI.au

AACF SoundMod Version 2.0 released

As it says the AACF sound mod was released recently

I would like to say thanks to several people for thier help with the mod

BlackKnight (Sound Design and Configs)

Fromz (Sound Design and Configs)

Sgt_Savage (Sound Design and Configs)

pingu (configs)

This mod is a combination of Fromz's original work in the FFAM mod (was editted with his permission and help) ,many hours of pouring over sound banks and many hours of editing and testing

All Sounds in the mod either came from the original FFAM mod sound pack (this mod uses it as its base) or were outsourced from outside the ArmA community from sound banks and recordings some of which i aquired myself

i hope you all enjoy the efforts we have gone to to make this our best work yet

downloads available here

signed version 2.2  mediafire.com

GamingSA mirror here

Armaholic mirror here

sounds interesting, but i cant download since i have to be registred and i dont get a confirmation mail on my registration..

what were your id's fellas i will get it done now

I'm looking forward to using this, I'm a big fan of Fromz. IMHO, if it's a collaboration of your own work and his, I have no doubt my ears shall be happy. biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully you will permit the usual suspects to provide us non-registratin' types the luxury of enjoying(or not) the fruits of your labor.

If so..... Someone get a damn mirror up, stat! rofl.gif

of course if somone wants to throw mirrors up please go ahead

Can we get a video with some sound samples?

looking at that very soon mate been busy with half a dozen projects going at once so will be posted soon

woodpecker...?huh.gif? news to me lol

ahh i think your hearing the bullet cracks that are heard at differing distances

as bullets pass by at different ranges breaking the sound barrier you will most of the time hear the crack as we have replicated that in the mod

After a short test: Very nice sounds!

Just the vehicles (chopper, tanks etc) are a bit silent. Aircraft volume seems to be much louder.

But anyway ... great work!

Thx for this one.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

so you know the mod was designed in 1.09 so there might be some slight differences if you are using 1.08

unfortunate for some we wont be making it backwards compatable sorry guys but all the servers we play on are 1.09 beta anyways

so you know the mod was designed in 1.09 so there might be some slight differences if you are using 1.08

I'm using 1.09b.

Hmm .. perhaps it's just my sound-settings (or my crappy HeadSet crazy_o.gif ).

Will check this tomorrow.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Fromz actually used some of our sounds in his latest version of his sound mod for example the M240 is one of our sounds and was recently improved upon in this version

edit : btw thanks for the mirror and the plug fox much appreciated

Damn right gents, this is well done by my ears. biggrin_o.gif

It's only an initial assessment but so far, I likes! thumbs-up.gif

I'm definitely putting FFAMM aside for a few days and get some quality time for further listening enjoyment.

Thanks for spending your time on this. There's always room on my HD for another quality sound mod.

olet me know what you lads think of the A10's gau8 sounds (we worked for a week on it lol)

mirror added to first post thanks Stav

youtube link added to first post

I really like these sounds, but for some reason even at far distances, I can hear bullets hitting the ground, walls, etc. (Im talking 100 yards and on I can still hear them.) If you fix that, it's a great sound mod. Keep up the good work.

WOAH This is some great work mate!!! I think the A-10 and Harrier engines could get some work but great job on the Su-35 engine! The Gau-8 sounds wicked but could sound a little more roary (more aggressive kinda) if you get what i mean.... other wise this is one of the best sound mods out there! harrier has to sound much more like a Fighter Jet because it is a jet not a passenger aircraft tounge2.gif Also i think there could be more work on the AH-6, UH-60 and FFAR Sounds overall 9/10 from me buddy!

Especially nice work on the M4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we had the gau8 nastier and even had a 'fart' sound for it but the sounds distorted and overmodulated especially when fired in long bursts so we had to smarten it up slightly and as far as the engines on the choppers and aircraft you have to admit they are the most realistic ones currently available

we spent 6 months fine tuning our engine sounds and weapon sounds for this update so this is the best we have been able to produce with the techknowledgy and equipment we have so i think we did a bloody good job under the circumstances lol

anyways glad your enjoying the mod

all the best

ONI