Sign in to follow this  
gussy2000

Low fps and often lag spikes - good PC

On dayz and other arma 2 servers I am getting anything from 10-30 fps and I have a i5 3770k and a gtx 770. On the same servers my friend is getting 50-70 and he has an i5 4670k and a gtx 660. Also, when I am driving in a land vehicle I get like 10 fps and lag spikes every 3 secs going to 2 fps, and my friend has no problem. On the ground (running/walking) I get like 15 fps going down to 5 fps like every 10 secs. (I get the same fps on low or very high settings. Any help would be much appreciated!

I guess you mean i7-3770K instead of i5?

Anyways, to answer your question: are you using any kind of custom launch parameters or add ons that are not in the game by default?

Sorry its an i5 3570k and no I don't have any launch parameters.

Does it happen on every server and since when are you experiencing this issue?

Can you remember anything of the moment it started happening and what you did before that? (windows update, drivers update, general config changes to windows or the game itself)

Can you remember anything of the moment it started happening and what you did before that? (windows update, drivers update, general config changes to windows or the game itself)

no, its just gotten worse over time.

You can try to add -noLogs to your launch parameters.

What have you got running in the background ?

You can try to add -noLogs to your launch parameters.

Just tried that and it made no difference. but thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

What have you got running in the background ?

Not much. Just some of the usual stuff like nvidia things and razer synapse. nothing is taking up more than 2% of my cpu

Have you made any changes to the operating system or anything related to that? (hardware maybe)

Maybe you have to defrag your harddrive if you have a normal one. (NOT an ssd. They aren't meant to be defragmented)

Try running the game with the following parameters: -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -high -maxVRAM=2047 -maxMem=2047 -world=empty -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause

The malloc option will have the greatest effect on performance. Try a custom memory allocator like winhoard for example. Download the winhoard.dll, and put it in your dll folder in Arma 2 OA, and set -malloc=winhoard. You can try a bunch as I said.

Another thing you wanna make sure you do is by going to your Arma2OA.cfg file, in your Documents folder, and setting

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Have you made any changes to the operating system or anything related to that? (hardware maybe)

Maybe you have to defrag your harddrive if you have a normal one. (NOT an ssd. They aren't meant to be defragmented)

thanks, i'll just go look how to defrag now, does it take anything useful off your computer?

Try running the game with the following parameters: -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -high -maxVRAM=2047 -maxMem=2047 -world=empty -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause

The malloc option will have the greatest effect on performance. Try a custom memory allocator like winhoard for example. Download the winhoard.dll, and put it in your dll folder in Arma 2 OA, and set -malloc=winhoard. You can try a bunch as I said.

Another thing you wanna make sure you do is by going to your Arma2OA.cfg file, in your Documents folder, and setting

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

i tried all those launch parameters and they didnt change anything. I don't understand how you use that malloc thing though.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

Can anyone confirm if its even worth a try?

Not much. Just some of the usual stuff like nvidia things and razer synapse. nothing is taking up more than 2% of my cpu

Try to play without Razer synapse and see if that make any difference.

Razers Synapse 2.0 software is always online. If you have an internet connection active, Razer will be constantly using it constantly downloading updates and interrupting your full screen applications. Not only that, as I suspected, the Synapse 2.0 software is spying on you

From the Razer Synapse TOS agreement:

“User Generated Information†means any information made available to Razer through your use of the Software. Subject to the Privacy Policy mentioned above, you expressly grant Razer the complete and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the User Generated Information and derivative works thereof in any form, anywhere, with or without attribution to you, and without any notice or compensation to you of any kind.

By using Razer Synapse 2.0 (“Synapseâ€), the Subscriber agrees that Razer may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information. Razer may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties. Razer shall not share personally identifiable information with other parties, except as described in the policy below.

Can anyone confirm if its even worth a try?

it's definitely worth it because some of my friends done that and it made a 20 fps differance

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

I forgot to mention that i only have 6gb of RAM

but what really matters is what are your Ingame settings , AND your Nvidia CP settings, then the Rez of your Monitor?