Sign in to follow this  
eNiize

Skjold-Class - Coastal Corvette (WIP)

I am currently working on one of the newest boats that the Royal Norwegian Navy have. The Skjold class.

Name:

P964 HMS Glimt.

Armament

• 8 Kongsberg Naval Strike Missles kept in an internal weapon bay.
  • 76mm Oktobreda Super Rapid Multi-role cannon.
  • Mistral Surface to Air missiles.
  • Two 12.7mm guns on the flybridge on both sides.

What I've managed to do

• Hull
  • Superstructure
  • Flybridge
  • Cannon

What I need to do

• Doors
  • Windows
  • Radars / Sensors
  • Painting
  • Air vents (The Skjold class uses big turbines that blow air downwards so they can "fly" for more increased speed at high sea)
  • Propulsion (2x Twin gas turbines)
  • Name tag
  • Missiles

WIP Pictures

This is my first model that I've created and the progress is very slow since I've never used 3DS Max before.

I don't think I will manage to release this in the beta since I also have to learn how to get it from 3DS Max to Oxygen and then to ArmA (I've got a long way to go :S)

Edited by eNiize

Sounds interesting :)

Edited by astast

Updated first post!

• Name
  • Armament
  • What I've managed
  • What I need to do
  • WIP Pictures

Edited by eNiize

Awesome mod! Really hope with the new water physics both above and below water we can finally start to see some great Naval Warfare type mods emerging from the community, with submarines, corvettes, frigates, etc., this is a great start. It's great to see mods like this popping up, especially since ArmA 3's islands are surrounded by large bodies of water to exploit.

Believe me when I say that yes, we're seeing interesting things and suitably high ambitions in the nascent Arma 3 naval modding so far. I believe Swedish Forces Pack was "first to market/download" with the HMS Norrköping (R131) while German Armed Forces Mod has a variety of planned warships and landing craft to see, TxT is doing a (modified) USS Freedom (LCS 1) inspired design (using the Surface Warfare Mission Package's Gun Mission Module but with the 30 mm autocannon turrets covering fore and aft instead of port and starboard, plus only two .50 cals instead of four), and mankyle is doing a take on USS Independence (LCS 2) and giving great insight into the possibilities of Arma 3 using a sample Collins-class submarine (further up the page of that last link).

eNiize, if it helps, this reports that the Mistral would be launched from a "twin launcher" on the deck ("or on a land site", huh??) with a range of 4 km -- later ID'd as the MBDA Simbad -- while the 76 mm gun's RoF is 120 rpm, and this "Powerpoint style" presentation (in PDF) from 2000 mentions that the aft bay could support as many as "8 Harpoons or 102 Troops or 153 Pax", and

shows the Naval Strike Missiles as launched from the aft. Perhaps you could replicate this "hide/reveal" capability when the Mistrals are selected, akin to how the Blackfoot's missiles are revealed when selected and hidden away when the 30 mm cannon is selected?

Believe me when I say that yes, we're seeing interesting things and suitably high ambitions in the nascent Arma 3 naval modding so far. I believe Swedish Forces Pack was "first to market/download" with the HMS Norrköping (R131) while German Armed Forces Mod has a variety of planned warships and landing craft to see, TxT is doing a (modified) USS Freedom (LCS 1) inspired design (using the Surface Warfare Mission Package's Gun Mission Module but with the 30 mm autocannon turrets covering fore and aft instead of port and starboard, plus only two .50 cals instead of four), and mankyle is doing a take on USS Independence (LCS 2) and giving great insight into the possibilities of Arma 3 using a sample Collins-class submarine (further up the page of that last link).

eNiize, if it helps, this reports that the Mistral would be launched from a "twin launcher" on the deck ("or on a land site", huh??) with a range of 4 km -- later ID'd as the MBDA Simbad -- while the 76 mm gun's RoF is 120 rpm, and this "Powerpoint style" presentation (in PDF) from 2000 mentions that the aft bay could support as many as "8 Harpoons or 102 Troops or 153 Pax", and

shows the Naval Strike Missiles as launched from the aft. Perhaps you could replicate this "hide/reveal" capability when the Mistrals are selected, akin to how the Blackfoot's missiles are revealed when selected and hidden away when the 30 mm cannon is selected?

I guess I could mention that I have a friend who is currently deployed on HNoMS Glimt (That's why I'm naming it Glimt xD), and my father was also in the development team(Operation Room) on the prototype, P960 Skjold and on the Visby-class.

I will try my best to replicate the "hide/reveal" capbility of the mistrals (2x behind the superstructure). But have to remind you that I don't have any knowlegde what so ever when it comes to oxygen.

I also know that there is a rigid-inflatable boat inside Glimt that I also will try to make deployable.

Edited by eNiize

Understandable it takes awhile for a mod like this to be completed but would it be possible to get an update on the progress. Would love to see this ship in arma 3 to add to the naval vessels being built

Understandable it takes awhile for a mod like this to be completed but would it be possible to get an update on the progress. Would love to see this ship in arma 3 to add to the naval vessels being built

Sorry for not giving some update but the status on the boat is the same as the last update I made.

Had to format my PC and I haven't installed 3DS Max yet. I still have the 3ds max file so I can continue where i last got off.

hey for sensors, missiles.. we would be happy to share this:

Its bit boring having nothing to kill with our boats, so looking forward to see yours ingame, please code them on the opfor side ;)

You sweds just want to fight the nords lol. Why don't you move the Swedish armed forces to Opfor and he makes the Skjold bluefor since Norway is actually part of NATO lol. Just a question are u bring in the Visby class for the SAF? The Skjold vs the Visby would be an amazing fight since they wont ever face off in real life. But thank you eNiize for the reply I wish you all the luck in your project, cant wait to see it float across the water doing 60.

You sweds just want to fight the nords lol. Why don't you move the Swedish armed forces to Opfor and he makes the Skjold bluefor since Norway is actually part of NATO lol.

What? :confused:

BTW IMO Sweden should be in the Independent side, so they can act as neutral country ( friendly to both sides ). And it would also allow to play with different possibilities, Sweden vs NATO, Sweden vs CSAT, Sweden vs FIA...

When will you update the ship?

Hey,

Check rule nr. 5 ;)

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

No big deal, but keep this in mind next time :)

I'm sadly not working on this anymore. After formating my PC and losing the 3DS Max file (Somehow got corrupt) I lost interest in continuing.