Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

i'll have the current mission file on the server tonight. Going to test some of this myself. Just look at my signature and it will tell you when it's up. Just running Wasteland till this project is released. Also zooloo, I can leave it up if you need a test server. It's a dedi on google fiber, so it's got some power. Outside of that, I know you said you wanted to handle this project yourself, which I can respect, but if you need anything typed up or stupid trivial tasks completed, just give me a holler.

I know 2 bugs as of right now, vehicle trunks are bugged and the fitness course is bugged.

Love the mission so far! The progress is astounding!

I tried it out on my dedicated server and ran into a few issues.

1. The admin menu is not opening.

2. Jumping works, but simple climbing is not.

3. Upon reconnecting to the server, my body armor and weapon are gone. Also after reconnecting I'm no longer able to interact with anything, aside from the base A3 interactions and I get a bunch of errors.

Love the mission so far! The progress is astounding!

I tried it out on my dedicated server and ran into a few issues.

1. The admin menu is not opening.

2. Jumping works, but simple climbing is not.

3. Upon reconnecting to the server, my body armor and weapon are gone. Also after reconnecting I'm no longer able to interact with anything, aside from the base A3 interactions and I get a bunch of errors.

1) The admin menu can only be accessed by those listed in the admin array.

2) Climbing requires an object that can be reached by the player - although the way objects such as walls are handled on the map, it's not possible to climb some. Try it on the barbed wire fences near the airport.

3) Most of the gear isn't being saved yet - I also never encountered the errors that you've described.

Edited by zooloo75

Fixed the fitness test bug.

Can I access the fitness if I already passed the police test?

This depents on the server you are playing on, if you play on your local computer, without the initdb mod, you should be able to do this again.

If you play on a server with initdb mod, hm I think you need to ask the admin, cause normaly admins should delete the initdb ini-file after every update.

if they delete this file, every player start from new on (this is needed because of new content in the mission, to prevent for bugs).

Bug found yesterday :

I've passed the cop test. So I became a cop .. Then i disconnected from the server and came back. At this point, when SHFT+E near the 1st npc test, i had an error script. Can't tell you the exact message.

Bug found yesterday :

I've passed the cop test. So I became a cop .. Then i disconnected from the server and came back. At this point, when SHFT+E near the 1st npc test, i had an error script. Can't tell you the exact message.

I'll try to reproduce it and see what happens.

The police test questions are now placed in random order - no more memorizing ACCAD! :)

Edited by zooloo75

The police test questions are now placed in random order - no more randomizing ACCAD! :)

good work

I've already found that someone has infringed upon the copyright of my mission -.-

"-=CCL=- Stratis Life" has my intellectual property inside of their mission without my consent.

I guess I could take it as a compliment, lol.

I've already found that someone has infringed upon the copyright of my mission -.-

"-=CCL=- Stratis Life" has my intellectual property inside of their mission without my consent.

I guess I could take it as a compliment, lol.

Im the owner of that server we did not take your mission we are waiting for you to release the full version then we could use yours i have taken a look at your mission and it is amazing cnt wait till you add the cops and finish it up if there is content inside my mission in wich you own let me know and i will take a look at it but that iknow of there is nothing from you in there

Im the owner of that server we did not take your mission we are waiting for you to release the full version then we could use yours i have taken a look at your mission and it is amazing cnt wait till you add the cops and finish it up if there is content inside my mission in wich you own let me know and i will take a look at it but that iknow of there is nothing from you in there

I found my admin menu in it. Oh well, I'm not going to have a fit about it, lol.

Thanks for being a future host :P

Yes correct your admin menu we did use just yesterday we couldnt get it working and i had no idea how to contact you untill now i will take it off as soon as possible

This idea HAS to be one of my top ever....

Diving!

There are more than one type of diving jobs that you can do.

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 80%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Underwater Wreck Exploration (U.W.E)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Take this job by going to the pier at Agia Marina, you will need to pay to hire Scuba Gear, a Boat and Oxygen. If you have enough you can buy your own Boat, your own Scuba Gear, but you will still need to by Oxygen. (Thank to the new inventory system we can put things away and take things out of containers/vehicles at will)

Wrecks will spawn at random and when you take the job after hiring/buying the gear/equipment. They will spawn on the sea floor and will have sea predators lurking around them. Until we get mods that include underwater predators, we can simply have it so that a marker is created randomly out to sea, and a wreck spawns randomly somewhere inside that marker, so we have to find the wreck.

Once you find you somehow have an interaction system with objects lying around that we can pick up, using an underwater backpack (or a normal one in this case) we can store up to a certain amount of items (passports, weapons, money, clothes) and choose to sell them or use them back on land. It will be very rare to find expensive/useful items but it is possible.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Underwater Farming Association (U.F.A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Take this job by going to any small pier's/houses by the sea around Stratis. This job requires you to again hire all the gear and a boat OR own the stuff. You will need to take a boat to sea, deep diving and farm for seaweed, clam/shells. Think of this as the under water version of the Cocaine farm, only that this stuff is legal and not illegal.

The farms will be at fixed positions on every game (unless a mission editor changes it), obviously one would need to explore the sea's prior to scripting to farm, for a few good areas around stratis where it looks capable of farming for sea weed, clams/shells. I guess maybe for every 6 seaweed you have a 5% chance of find a clam or 10% chance of finding a sea shell.

This would be used for sell to a shop for cash (the sea weed, clams and shells), selling to a restaurant (the sea weed) a bit of cash and a bit of food. Obviously we can find more reasons to sell these items, maybe for trading for example.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Underwater Scavenging and Thieving (U.S.T) (There is probably a better name for it)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]This is more of an illegal job. This uses the same script which spawns the wrecks, but instead of scavenging for items, you are scavenging for materials/metals from these wrecks. But thats not the only thing you do. You can also steal things from boats, and destroy them or even better immobilize them or take parts. Now those poor people doing U.W.E and U.F.A have to be careful that there is noone else around their job who could have the potential to destroy their boat or destroy their place of exploration. Now maybe an underwater gun will be handy in these occasions... These poor people must have a waterproof/diveproof phone handy incase they need rescuing.

Being caught doing anything U.S.T related will give you an immediate "Wanted" status. Being caught with metal without proof of "not" doing an illegal job can land you in jail.

Noone knows where to find the guys in charge of U.S.T you may have to find them, maybe via word of mouth, or maybe they phone you if you are criminal enough.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

There are probably so much more jobs that can be done with diving alone =)

I really have this dream of system where the "globalChat", "sideChat" are disabled. Allow groupChat for groups and direct say for 3d conversations. By having a phone or a satellite phone, you can contact the police/emergency services.

There should be an interface for the police which looks like a tablet, but is actually a phone. For every person who is calling, say allow the call to go on for 30 seconds, if the other party does not pick up, respond with caller not picking up. Try again? or Hang Up?.

It shows every person's name calling them UNLESS the person calling them change the settings on their phone so it displays PRIVATE NUMBER.

There could be 5 people calling at the same time. There could be 3 cops on the server. All 3 cops can have a conversation with anyone, if one cop answers someone phone, then that call is "taken" then the other cop would have to answer another call.

The police is allowed to click on that person's name and have a one to one conversation without using the ingame chat, but using a text box on the phone. They police, emergency services, lifeguard would have extra functions such as finding out the last know GPS position of the caller.

This could be the same for every phone in the game. And the beauty of this is that you can get a random call asking to join an organisation or get a random call related to an Advert about a place that sells cars for 20% less that other places.

If someone has a normal phone and they are out to sea, swimming to a certain depth will destroy it (depending on the phone) and they will get no signal as they are outside of range. If they have a satellite phone will be destroyed at certain depth depending on the phone, some can be taken all the way down, otherwise they would need to store it on the boat, but the satellite phones will have a signal.

A truly dynamic place to be.

Edited by ArmASalt3

I'm sorry if someone has said this, but where do I buy police cars? Simple question, sorry for taking up space, haha. Its just I've searched for 10 minutes trying to find the police car buy spot.

I havent been in game (is there already a server with it now?)

Is the police test written on paper in game and be seen as a dialog? If not that would be great! :D

I havent been in game (is there already a server with it now?)

Is the police test written on paper in game and be seen as a dialog? If not that would be great! :D

Your job ideas are amazing! :D I'll definitely put them to life!

The test is taken inside the police station by going up to the guy.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I'm sorry if someone has said this, but where do I buy police cars? Simple question, sorry for taking up space, haha. Its just I've searched for 10 minutes trying to find the police car buy spot.

You have to be a cop to buy the police vehicles. You must first pass the police tests, then you can purchase from the equipment room and also buy the police trucks outside the police station.

@Sikeman214

You can buy them at the police station next to one of the buildings.

@ArmASalt3

There's a hosted server called "[bNS] Regular | Stratis-RP: Ultimate" (without the "").

Your job ideas are amazing! :D I'll definitely put them to life!

The test is taken inside the police station by going up to the guy.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

You have to be a cop to buy the police vehicles. You must first pass the police tests, then you can purchase from the equipment room and also buy the police trucks outside the police station.

where can i download your mission at but with cops included ?

where can i download your mission at but with cops included ?

Check the main post.

Check the main post.

are the cops included i been to several servers with your mission and i dont get an option to spawn as a cop was this updated?

are the cops included i been to several servers with your mission and i dont get an option to spawn as a cop was this updated?

you dont spawn as a cop, everyone is a civ then you have to go pass a series of tests to become a cop