Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Thanks mate, really nice job by the way, keep up the hard work :)

About a month before it's up to par with the current Stratis Life.

lol how long is a piece of string. fold it in half and times it by two.

Usage rights:

YOU MAY NOT DISCREDIT ME.

YOU MAY NOT USE MY SCRIPTS IN ANOTHER LIFE/ROLEPLAY MISSION.

YOU MAY NOT CLAIM MY SCRIPTS AS YOUR OWN.

YOU MAY NOT SELL MY SCRIPTS OR MISSION FOR PERSONAL PROFIT.

YOU MAY RECEIVE DONATIONS FROM MY MISSION ONLY TO PAY FOR SERVER HOSTING.

YOU MAY MODIFY/EXPAND UPON MY MISSION.

YOU MAY DISTRIBUTE MY MISSION ONLY IF I RECEIVE CREDIT.

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/3.0/88x31.png

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike

CC BY-NC-SA

This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.

There is an inconsistency with your license. One part said you cant use in your own missions, and the other said you can...

There is an inconsistency with your license. One part said you cant use in your own missions, and the other said you can...

seems clear to me you can use and modifiy his scripts just not in stratis life mods and you must always credit him. Maybe you should ask him nicly if you want to use it in a startis life mod rather then nit pick?

it also seems that his license allows it but the ones in red are his personal requests?

Edited by jamie721
clarification

Made it more clear.

"YOU MAY NOT USE MY SCRIPTS IN ANY MISSION THAT HAS NOT DERIVED FROM THIS MISSION."

Meaning you can only use my scripts in a mission if the mission is an expansion upon my mission.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

An idea I plan to implement is a custom chat system, disabling the default text chat ingame.

It will be a fancy chatroom where users can type OOC and IC, along with local chat, squad chat, and global chat.

It will look more suitable for a roleplay game than a mil-sim. Maybe even a text bubble that appears above players when they send a message in local chat so other players can easily see it.

The mission looks great so far, I've just got one question: In the current Stratis life when you get arrested you can simply press the "RESPAWN" button and you're free, will this be fixed in your mission?

EDIT: I found out you can't fish or use the kitchen. I know the mission isn't finished, but I thought you implemented fishing. I also couldn't treat myself or others with FAKs. I'm not sure if these are server related or mission related issues.

EDIT2: "I also couldn't treat myself or others with FAKs." This is because of this http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9522 so it's not mission related.

Edited by ADUILO

Do you plan on pushing it to github or similar source control?

I have a couple merges that would be helpful if u wanted to merge them but if not oh well.

@ADUILO

everything work fine, you just have played some older version maybe.

if you want to play allways new, check out Zooloo's official hosted server or search for mine, name: [bNS] Regular | Stratis-RP: Ultimate

I allways download new mission file, as soon as Zooloo tells us about it.

The mission looks great so far, I've just got one question: In the current Stratis life when you get arrested you can simply press the "RESPAWN" button and you're free, will this be fixed in your mission?

EDIT: I found out you can't fish or use the kitchen. I know the mission isn't finished, but I thought you implemented fishing. I also couldn't treat myself or others with FAKs. I'm not sure if these are server related or mission related issues.

To fish, go in the water and use the fishing net near some fish.

To cook, goto the kitchen and use the raw fish.

Completed the police equipment room!

stratis_rp_19.jpg

Tomorrow's goal: Police trucks with sirens and multiple light patterns to select from.

Hey looking forward to hosting your mission. I've subscribed to the thread and am ready when you are. Feel free to add me to any email or notification chains you have in regards to release. If you need assistance, please let me know as well.

Hey looking forward to hosting your mission. I've subscribed to the thread and am ready when you are. Feel free to add me to any email or notification chains you have in regards to release. If you need assistance, please let me know as well.

Puts a smile on my face :)

Add me on Steam: Zooloo75

Cant wait to see the outcome, and I really want to be part of it:)

If you have any experience with modding help yourself to the abundance of tutorials for Arma to get started. :D

hey zooloo 2 quick questions.

1)What are your plans for the police weapons? are you going to be making a stun system or a dedicated tazer like weapon?

2)For selling vehicles (and many other items) will you be able to sell them back to the shop where you brought them from, because your not always going to be able to sell your vehicle to another player all the time, so it would be nice if you could sell back to the car shop, much like on arma 2 takistan life.

hey zooloo 2 quick questions.

1)What are your plans for the police weapons? are you going to be making a stun system or a dedicated tazer like weapon?

2)For selling vehicles (and many other items) will you be able to sell them back to the shop where you brought them from, because your not always going to be able to sell your vehicle to another player all the time, so it would be nice if you could sell back to the car shop, much like on arma 2 takistan life.

1) I am still thinking of a system for the tazer, probably a button to switch between taze and lethal on all handguns.

2) Players will not be able to sell their used-vehicles back to the shop (they don't want your junk!)

If you have any experience with modding help yourself to the abundance of tutorials for Arma to get started. :D

Havent done modding before, but I am an experienced map designer:) Also I would love to be a beta tester for you. I was a beta tester for Star Wars Old Republic as Well as Elder Scrolls online. So I have experience testing games/mods and giving good feedback.

I'm creating the custom chatroom right now.

There are 5 chatrooms - Local (Whisper), Local, Radio, Server, and PM.

Local (Whisper) = anyone within 10m gets your message.

Local = people within about 80m gets your message.

Radio = you input the frequency and anyone else on the same frequency can chat with eachother.

Server = same as global chat.

PM = send a private message to someone.

When a player chats in local or whisper, their message will appear above them for people to see.

Players can also copy the chat log.

When a player is typing, it will indicate it for near players so they know to expect that the player is in chat.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

stratis_rp_20.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Also added police trucks to the police base.

stratis_rp_21.jpg

Edited by zooloo75

Nice, nice.

Any way you could also add a neons to cars?:P using a glowstick light.

*i think you would be able to script it to cars :P and make cars with neons worth more.

Nice, nice.

Any way you could also add a neons to cars?:P using a glowstick light.

*i think you would be able to script it to cars :P and make cars with neons worth more.

I was actually thinking of a car customization shop. Don't need a glowstick for neon, why not just use a light source? xD

yep i meant the light source by writing the "glowstick light" but i think it would be easier for you to make people instantly buy cars with "neons" instead making a customization shop

Added handbrakes. Players can stop their vehicle at a whim, or end up drifting... lol

I thought there is handbrake on "X"

Idk where you saw that from...