Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Stratis-RP: Ultimate

Are you looking forward to play this?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to play this?

Current build from 9 hours ago is up and live. Visit the IP in my signature below. I'll be keeping this mission running 24/7 on this ip/port now. You can join anytime. Current build info will be indicated in the server list.

Current build from 9 hours ago is up and live. Visit the IP in my signature below. I'll be keeping this mission running 24/7 on this ip/port now. You can join anytime. Current build info will be indicated in the server list.

I updated the mission a few minutes ago :)

1. if you cook 1 fish there is a luck to get the cooked or to lose the fish

but if you do this now with like 20 fish and you got bad luck, you fail all 20 fish at once.

==> Change the luck system at cooking to once per item

2. if your inventory space is above your limit, and you sit into a car, and drive as drive, a anyoing sound starts

==> maybe disable the sound if the player sit in car, or disallow the use of vehicle if inventory space is above the limit

3. Im not sure if this was asked before,

we should find a way to save vehicles, maybe there is a other plugin for arma or there is a way to save vehicle stats into inidb

1.The way it was explained to me was that it is like cooking in a pot if you cook 20 "in a pot" you might burn them all

2.just sound like a small bug can probably be fixed

3.I don't think that's a priority at the minute, it will most likely be added later down the line

This mission is kickass and it isn't even done yet. It has a TON of potential. Popped it on my server and instantly got good ratings from people joining the server. A few things need worked, but hey... i'm more than willing to keep this on my server if you keep making regular updates w/ changelogs. :)

what will start having more wide appeal.

1. More "illegal" things, High Risk, High reward type things. Potential for mischief or somethings that legal but police can enforce/give tickets for: guns for citizens, licences (guns,driving,boating,pharmaceutical?)

2. Island needs filling out and desperately needs stuff outside of the city, probably biggest complaint, the need for exploration/jobs/missions/running from cops/illegal stuff.

although personally i would most like to see a simple housing system of sorts :)

great work thought

I agree with mark about the inventory full sound. It sounds when you fill your inventory but I think it should only sound if you inventory is full and you try to add more.

Hey, I've just started to play on marcEOTT's [bNS] Stratis-Rp - Ultimate server. I bought myself a truck, screen got black and heard the sounds me entering my new car, then the sounds of an explosion and I woke up at the small island to the north called Xiros. On my way back to see if I have a car or not. :P

Just wanted to report this bug, I think it was the dark red truck, the nearest one to the npc.

I will look into those bugs.

I am currently creating a new stat save system that is more reliable, no lag, good performance, and doesn't require addons.

Mission updated!

7/1/2013

(SERVER ADMINS, YOU CAN REMOVE INIDB FROM YOUR SERVER - IT IS NO LONGER NEEDED.)

Known bug: When loading stats, players might get a message saying "Bad Vehicle Type"; Players must set their interface size to small in order to see most of the GUI properly (will be fixed)

-Bug fixes

-Old save system scrapped

-Created a new save system that is reliable, and lag free, allowing a ton of stats with any value to be saved without worry of instability; this also means servers no longer require iniDB.

Released my stat save system! - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158318-Addon-Free-Stat-Save-System-Script&p=2430926#post2430926

Edited by zooloo75

Great! Will update my server now.

---------- Post added at 03:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

My thoughts so far:

1) Needs to be an ATM near, or at the police base.

2) More things to do! Jobs, crimes, maybe some guns?

I'll update my list as I play more through it

I'm just here to report that the same thing happened when I bought one of those inflatable boats, transported to the northern most island, no explosions was heard this time though.

I'm looking forward to play more and seeing this mission unfold. :D

Great! Will update my server now.

---------- Post added at 03:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

My thoughts so far:

1) Needs to be an ATM near, or at the police base.

2) More things to do! Jobs, crimes, maybe some guns?

I'll update my list as I play more through it

The mission is still a WiP and is nowhere near completion -- please refrain from requesting what needs to be done as it will be done in the future! Thanks! :)

The mission is still a WiP and is nowhere near completion -- please refrain from requesting what needs to be done as it will be done in the future! Thanks! :)

Oh no, I didn't mean to sound like I was telling you what to do. I was just giving my general thoughts on it.

I know it is a WIP and it is completely understandable, and I have been telling that to anyone who has came into my server.

It looks extremely good so far, though. :)

Oh no, I didn't mean to sound like I was telling you what to do. I was just giving my general thoughts on it.

I know it is a WIP and it is completely understandable, and I have been telling that to anyone who has came into my server.

It looks extremely good so far, though. :)

No problem, thanks!

I'm just here to report that the same thing happened when I bought one of those inflatable boats, transported to the northern most island, no explosions was heard this time though.

I'm looking forward to play more and seeing this mission unfold. :D

Hey Zooloo75, same thing for me here on the last two builds... also, I have had some time with your creation and wanted to maybe help if you need it... shoot me a PM if interested... :)

-Raps

I have a question for you Zooloo75, and I don't think I've read anything about this in the thread; how about adding skills like driving, fishing and so on. You can level up your skills by doing them, and some times you would need a certain amount of skill to do certain actions or gain licenses. The City Life mission for Arma 2 has this and it's really nice.

I have a question for you Zooloo75, and I don't think I've read anything about this in the thread; how about adding skills like driving, fishing and so on. You can level up your skills by doing them, and some times you would need a certain amount of skill to do certain actions or gain licenses. The City Life mission for Arma 2 has this and it's really nice.

I am not going to force that system upon players. Tweakers can add it to the mission if they want it.

Personally I dislike that system - you are most likely a 20+ year old man in RP, I'm sure your character knows how to drive a car or go fishing. The only limitation/skill is yourself.

EDIT:

I just saw the topic about your new statsave system,

so I know the problem in my case.

I will simply run a old version of your mission now.

if I reconnect to my server the second time, to load player data, it shows up this message at the login:

'..._varName == 'isCop') then {if(_varValue |#|== true) then {loadedFromStats =

true; c...'

Error ==: Type Bool, expected Number,String,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config

entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object, Team member,Task, Location

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Stratis\functions\statSave\saveFuncs.sqf, line 57

It stops at 'Loading...' and does not finish.

Edited by marcEOTT