Sign in to follow this  
trouble

Challenger 2

Challenger 2 Download :

:)

Edited by trouble

No offence but when i see such releasing threads i think for myself "if the creator spend as much time to create the addon as he spend on writing the release post...naw, not worth to look at it".

I don't say that your addon is not any good, just the message your OP tells is....well, not very informative.

Myke;1687179']No offence but when i see such releasing threads i think for myself "if the creator spend as much time to create the addon as he spend on writing the release post...naw' date=' not worth to look at it".

I don't say that your addon is not any good, just the message your OP tells is....well, not very informative.[/quote']

No offence taken, I cant help how you think. . . , :)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

some pictures would be nice too and some other information.

If you want pictures of a challenger 2 google it, what other info do you need, its a chally 2 download . . . . :)

Tried these, not bad at all for what Im guessing is a first addon.

You forgot to mention that these need the CBA addon to work, I tried using them without and the turret wouldn't animate or work properly, while it worked fine with CBA enabled.

May I suggest the following:

-Use different sounds, these ones are low quality, the default M1A1 sounds are much better

-Change the names of the weapons in the Config, ie L30A1 120 mm instead of M256 for the main gun and Coaxial 7.62 mm L94A1 EX-34 instead of M240 for the Coaxial gun (the coaxial gun is a chain gun in the challenger 2 as well, so maybea different sound)

-Post some picture at top, use some headers, include credits and pictures to try and 'sell' your addon

Edited by TomatoArden
aaa

If you want pictures of a challenger 2 google it, what other info do you need, its a chally 2 download . . . . :)

Maybe you don't quite understand, we like to see pictures showing the addon before we decide whether or not its worth it to download it.

Also, if you wish to get a mirror from Armaholic, which I was going to do, screenshots are important.

There is no point in releasing something no one knows what it looks like/how good the model is. Not alot of people will download it.

How are we suppossed to know if its the best model ever or the worst?

HE means pictures of your mod in game, so we can see the quality.

Maybe you don't quite understand, we like to see pictures showing the addon before we decide whether or not its worth it to download it.

Also, if you wish to get a mirror from Armaholic, which I was going to do, screenshots are important.

There is no point in releasing something no one knows what it looks like/how good the model is. Not alot of people will download it.

How are we suppossed to know if its the best model ever or the worst?

Spend some of your precious time down loading and looking for yourself, :)

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

HE means pictures of your mod in game, so we can see the quality.

I know what he means , download it, it you cnat be bothered dont, easy :)

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Tried these, not bad at all for what Im guessing is a first addon.

You forgot to mention that these need the CBA addon to work, I tried using them without and the turret wouldn't animate or work properly, while it worked fine with CBA enabled.

May I suggest the following:

-Use different sounds, these ones are low quality, the default M1A1 sounds are much better

-Change the names of the weapons in the Config, ie L30A1 120 mm instead of M256 for the main gun and Coaxial 7.62 mm L94A1 EX-34 instead of M240 for the Coaxial gun (the coaxial gun is a chain gun in the challenger 2 as well, so maybea different sound)

-Post some picture at top, use some headers, include credits and pictures to try and 'sell' your addon

Im not here to sell it, if you want to use it thats just fine, Im pleased, thats why i have released it :)

Nice attitude you have there, mate. People try to help you with some hints on how to attract more people to test your addon and you piss them off. Really nice attitude.

Check some of the other release threads and learn something about presentation. It will help you. And thats the whole thing we are try to do: help you.

:EDITH:

However, if it's of the same quality as your previously released Challenger 1, then it's not worth downloading yet. It is not bad, not saying that, just needs polishing to make it look good.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1687208']Nice attitude you have there' date=' mate. People try to help you with some hints on how to attract more people to test your addon and you piss them off. Really nice attitude.

Check some of the other release threads and learn something about presentation. It will help you. And thats the whole thing we are try to do: help you.

:EDITH:

However, if it's of the same quality as your previously released Challenger 1, then it's not worth downloading yet. It is not bad, not saying that, just needs polishing to make it look good.[/quote']

Its released like that because thats how I want to release it . . If the above comments by myself piss you off, then may I suggest you get a thicker skin, the presentation is fine, live with it, stop crying, download & enjoy yourself. :)

Tried this before I saw the post above, if I had I wouldn't have bothered... As it is, no, I won't use it thanks, put it against any of the stock models we have in game and it looks out of place.

indeed, UKF already have released a much better chally 2 model. That is why pictures are needed so people can compare it against that one.

Fine Trouble, if thats your attitude, you won't be seeing a mirror from Armaholic.

is it me or is this just the same model for the chally 1 addon? I mean how different are they exactly?

I am with trouble on this one, if he wants to release using single sentences and no PR shenanigans, that is his choice. He made a tank addon, good job mate.

Nothing entitles us to nice classy release threads with pictures and movies and reviews and free backrubs from swedish goddesses while we have a wank over the latest milspec monstrosity to come of the modmaker asembly line.

Again, good job on your tank Mr. Trouble, although I haven't tried it out myself since I'm not that much of a tank guy. For the rest of you, shame on you for thinking you can complain.

Edited by Hund

I am with trouble on this one, if he wants to release using single sentences and no PR shenanigans, that is his choice. He made a tank addon, good job mate.

Nothing entitles us to nice classy release threads with pictures and movies and reviews and free backrubs from swedish goddesses while we have a wank over the latest milspec monstrosity to come of the modmaker asembly line.

Again, good job on your tank Mr. Trouble, although I haven't tried it out myself since I'm not that much of a tank guy. For the rest of you, shame on you for thinking you can complain.

For fucks sake you can expect ONE SCREENSHOT :rolleyes:

Nope you can't expect anything. He has the choice to make a rather poor presentation of his work, we have the choice to completely ignore said work.

While I agree that Mr. Trouble's method of presentation is lacking, I suspect he had more fun in making the thing than actually releasing it. In other words, he doesn't give a damn if anyone else finds the addon useful, let alone if they use it or not.

It's a piss poor way to release a addon, but if he wants to do it like that, then who cares.

It's like a bad piece of pussy. Forget that you've smelled it and move on.

I am with HUND on this one.

One can release whatever he feels like (as long as it is his own work), post whatever he feels like on those forums as long as he/she respects forum rules, and he owes you nothing, not even a screen shot. In fact, if you are using it, you owe him some gratitude, just for giving something out for free.

Now, is it a good habbit to just post a download link here, without further information: NO, it's not. But hey, if you really want to see what he has done, just download it, it is free

while i agree with that pufu the earlier posters (most of them) we mearly giving suggestions to trouble, to try and HELP him, his attitude to those people was very poor which there is no excuse.

while i agree with that pufu the earlier posters (most of them) we mearly giving suggestions to trouble, to try and HELP him, his attitude to those people was very poor which there is no excuse.

Indeed, we just asked politely, and then asked again a little less politley. Both times he gave us smartass answers and basically said to FO. So thats what we did. ;)

And when someone offers some feedback and suggestions he has the same damn smartass attitude...its one thing to be happy about releasing it but its another to accept suggestions.

Here is that post: post

We only wanted to help.

Edited by Nightrain

I think you guys might be a bit overly sensitive. I at least don't see where he is being a smart arse. After all, you asked, he said no, and you got angry, that's how I see it.

Anyway, I guess the horse is dead already. Happy gaming boys - with or without chally tanks.

I think you guys might be a bit overly sensitive. I at least don't see where he is being a smart arse. After all, you asked, he said no, and you got angry, that's how I see it.

Anyway, I guess the horse is dead already. Happy gaming boys - with or without chally tanks.

Not a smartass? Rread this and this.

Were not in tears about, we just wanted to help. He isn't going to get any mirrors if all he does is give a dl link. I'll use the challenger tank that I know is good.

I've read the thread Nightrain, I know what he said. I just don't find it all that abrasive. Maybe I'm just used to that kind of banter.

But hey, I'll get you a napkin for yer tears if ya want, ya big girly. :D

(That was a friendly joke, not a flame).

I've read the thread Nightrain, I know what he said. I just don't find it all that abrasive. Maybe I'm just used to that kind of banter.

But hey, I'll get you a napkin for yer tears if ya want. :D

(That was a friendly joke, not a flame).

Indeed that is the problem with a forum, that could really just be the way he talks but whatever.:rolleyes:

I only wanted to make a mirror for him on armaholic but that ship has sailed,

PS: Thanks for the napkins :cryy: :(