Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

If you don't like dead-bodies disappearing immediately in OA...

Please vote (click on the green arrow) for this issue. (You need to be logged in.)

This is more than just a cosmetic problem - it breaks flag-based games and games that use a revive-system.

I voted, very important to fix!

Edited by Mosh

oh dear :-)

Voted, its a script and gamebreaker alright

Dead bodies need to stick around forever. I'm a big looter.

I can't say that I have seen this myself. So you are sure that it is default game behaviour, and not a body removal script in the mission?

If so, it needs to go!

Yes, absolutely not a body-removal script. It _may_ be related to the respawnDelay/type specified in description.ext (will do some testing later) but note that the same pbos which ran correctly under A2 are now showing this behaviour in OA :)

This has NEVER happened for me, I'm pretty sure it's a script used in the mission you played.

Unless this only happens in PVP missions, i haven't played a lot of those in Arrowhead yet.

No need to keep voting, it's marked 'in progress' with a target version etc.

should be fixed since b72074

Thar you go. :D

Hurrah !! :-)

>This has NEVER happened for me, I'm pretty sure it's a script used in the mission you played.

No offence, but if you don't know what you're talking about, best to keep quiet. "Absence of evidence != evidence of absence" and I know for a fact it's not one of the scripts because I wrote them all! :)

No, it's there. I have no scripts running in my own TDM that modify the deletion of bodies, and they still are removed as soon as the player respawns. It's in every MP mode.

its fixed already? because I played since almost the first day online and I dindt see dead bodies instantly dissapear in MP, well, I only played Domination, I little bit of Warfare and some coop missions

No, it's not fixed already (but hopefully soon). I suspect the bodies disappear after the delay specified by the respawnDelay of the mission which may be why it's not so obvious in some kinds of missions.

Excellent news - this seems to be fixed in the new beta :-) http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Even better news - looks like this is a client-side fix so you don't need to upgrade your server to see the benefits.