Sign in to follow this  
JB1528

In your opinion what is the best SP mission that takes advantage of the whole map?

When I say "SP" mission that takes over the whole map I mean any mission that can be played in SP even if it is classified as MP or Coop.

So in your opinion what is the best mission that simulates dynamic warfare over an entire map?

When I say "SP" mission that takes over the whole map I mean any mission that can be played in SP even if it is classified as MP or Coop.

So in your opinion what is the best mission that simulates dynamic warfare over an entire map?

Good question! I'd like to see the responses to this as well :)

I don't think there is any good SP mission that takes advantage of the whole map. There's little point to actually trying to make something like this. But I guess you can say domination if you consider playing by yourself on a dedicated server as equivalent to SP.

Depends on what you define as the whole map. Cipher is designed to randomly choose one out of every single city on it's respective map each time you play it, therefore you could say that it utilizes the entire map very well. A bonus is that it works flawlessly in both SP and MP.

For me, MrN's Guerilla war - Sp dynamic war, for Isla duala and Panthera. I just keep going back to it, love it. and since Pathera was patched recently it isn't so hard on the pc, and runs quite nice now. Which is good, coz it is a very lovely map. The both maps have Adjustable difficulty, (higher-lesser pc hit). Both feel quite different, with drop rope for isla duala, and little bird landing for the less professional guerilla's of Panthera

It uses the whole island on both maps. And makes you feel all warm inside when you heli in to your missions :p

As for a SP war over the wholemap. you can't go past {ASA}ODEN's Frontline-Frontsector combo, for SP. It is serious fun, and works over several cool maps. It is like warfare...but feels like a SP mission. Great stuff.

I don't think there is any good SP mission that takes advantage of the whole map. There's little point to actually trying to make something like this. But I guess you can say domination if you consider playing by yourself on a dedicated server as equivalent to SP.

...I take it you've never played Abandoned Armies for OFP?

"The Chernarus Run" is great fun and covers a lot of ground.

Wow I don't think I've ever read a better review for.... well any product ever:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=5

Now I want someone to remake it for ArmA 2 ><

Not only that, but everyone involved in the reviewing believed it deserved that score. Only mission in OFPEC's history to be given a score of 10, outside of the MEC 2004 entries.

Speaking of MEC 2004, is there ever going to be another one? :(

Not only that, but everyone involved in the reviewing believed it deserved that score. Only mission in OFPEC's history to be given a score of 10, outside of the MEC 2004 entries.

Speaking of MEC 2004, is there ever going to be another one? :(

would it be possible to port Abandoned Armies to Arma 2? I mean Arma 2 already has a ported Everon map.

If you can find a released port of Malden then nothing's stopping you. :p

You would have to get permission from THobson first though.

Not exactly a "Mission", but Warfare BE is incredibly fun even solo... It obviously encompasses the whole map as well.

I play Domination solo when I cant get a good internet connection. I just play the AI version. and bump it up to max 49AI member squad. Then go crazy over the whole map.

I never knew Domination and Warfare BE can be played SP. Sorry for the noob question, but how to do that?

aceofspades:

Here is an easy way for running both dedicated server and game at the same time if you are a novice....

Arma2 = 1) Make a complete copy of your arma 2 folder, perferably partition your drive and move the copy to the new partition.

2) Download arma 2 dedicated server exe from BIS website place copy in the same place you inserted the above step.

3) Download gary corp's arma 2 dedicated server tool from armaholic/downloads/arma 2/ misc utilities.... unzip/unpack to your copied arma 2 files. (not necessary but nice to have everything in one spot.

4) Run garycorp's server tool and fill in the blanks, most important is make sure that the line for server executable points to your copied dedicated server file(from step 2 above) and that kick duplicates is NOT checked.

5) click run server and confirm server start ( a little window will pop up) If successful start your arma using your normal method, look for server and enjoy.

Operation arrowhead =1) Make copy as you would in step 1 for arma 2 server...dedicated server not released yet but can be found in OA beta, so download the beta from BIS website, let it insert it into your normal OA files. Then goto your OA files and in beta folder copy the dedicated server exe. and paste into your copied OA folder.

2) follow steps 3-5 above.

This will not work for a combined operations mission or set-up as far as I can tell but have not tried. Hopefully I am not missing anysteps. Have not ran both server and game on one system in a long time so good luck.

To the person who notices fps drop after awhile and runs SLX mod.....SLX, to keep it simple changes too much and tries poorly to keep track of too much. If you want changes in AI behavior try Zcommon mod which can also be combined with GL4 mod for even more AI realism (see readme in zcommon mod for details and settings) I run zcommon on my dedicated server and testing with/without only loose a few fps starting right from the beginning with no loss later on.

this is the easy way to play this missions in sp

Thanks TeilX, I'll try this.

Oh, these cannot be saved though, can they? (My main reason for playing SP are saved games: sometimes I only have 20 minutes freetime...)

Edited by zapat

whoa dude, you dont have to make a copy of the Arma2 folder to run both the client and server exe. I have done it for years(OFP and Arma1), hosting up to 8 ppl on a dedicated server environment and joining that server with my client.

I can only speak for vanilla Arma2, I assume its the same for vanilla OA, and I dont know about Combined Ops.

you should have an Arma2.cfg, server.cfg and a arma2profile.cfg to achieve best results. heres a good guide.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

I installed OFP 1.96 on my current computer, played a few chapters of the Abandoned Armies mission. enjoying it !

and I still cant run OFP on max settings ! wtf ?!

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I play Domination solo when I cant get a good internet connection. I just play the AI version. and bump it up to max 49AI member squad. Then go crazy over the whole map.

I didn't even know there was an AI version. Where can I find it?

whoa dude, you dont have to make a copy of the Arma2 folder to run both the client and server exe. I have done it for years(OFP and Arma1), hosting up to 8 ppl on a dedicated server environment and joining that server with my client.

1. have better experience with a seperate folder 2. is not my guide:p