ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

1.07. I've just been speaking to a friend, they say it took ages for them too - not quite 40 minutes, but it completed in the end, so I guess maybe I just need to sit tight and wait? Checking task manager, the installers occasionally using 1% CPU but thats it....

No version as in DVD/Steam/Sprocket?

Ahh right. DVD, ontop of a DVD install. It's still waiting on zargabad, incidentally :P

Edit: Cancelled the install, it removed all the OAH stuff but the Zargra pbo. Tried to delete it, but something was clinging hold of it. Task manager revealed setup.exe was still running. Couldn't shut it down via end process so restarted. Managed to delete it after a reboot, and have just successfully installed on a second attempt. Wierd, but it seems the setup.exe went abit schitzo first time around.

Edited by Pathy

I'm going to do a fresh install of ARMA2 and OA.

DO i need to install patch 1.07 after ARMA 2 or does OA update the game to the latest version already?

OA will update to 1.07 (or at least it should) ;)

Awesome, no need to d/l the patch then :)

Just ran into a new problem on fresh install of OA after fresh ARMA2 install

i get this message when installing OA

error.JPG

If i ignore it then gives more errors later

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Error found in file AddOns\anims.pbo (014376e6!=0af6a0e7)

Error found in file AddOns\weapons.pbo (d3004da8!=048f0a09)

Error found in file AddOns\wheeled.pbo (584d2360!=63280d0b)

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD.#DEFAULT cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.06 has been applied successfully.

Edited by vasmkd

Tried it but no success.

Did patch ok but as soon as i installed arrowhead later it was giving me crc errors. I exchanged the copy for another one. See how i go with the new one

UPDATE:

All good with the new copy :), looks like i had a bad hard copy after all that trouble

Edited by vasmkd
UPDATE

Similar to other people here i am having a install problem with my digital download from Sprocket.

I am getting the error "File Copy Error (CRC does not match). C:\etc etc etc \characters_e.pbo"

I have both used Sprocket's downloader and downloaded the files individually but get the same error in the same place every time.

As per a previous post I have done what i can to verify the files but they seem fine from sprocket.

It is getting to the point that i am starting to memorize my security key for OA!

Please help.

------

I have now got my OA install to work from Sprocket. What i had to do was use their downloader and reinstall it about 7 times.

At first i had run into problems and did the manual install - all file sizes matched ... but had nothing but that one install problem.

I did see that after getting the install file again it was focusing on different files of the 7 parts you need to download. Doing it about 7 times it finally got through all the files again and ran a clean install.

Please note: you have to wipe your old attempt at OA install in order to do a new install.

This made for a long day but it works now. I dont know how or why the files i had gotten downloaded were damaged but they must have been.

I hope this helps someone :)

Edited by Mithear
Fixed

Of course it's possible that the problem was Sprocket's end and I wouldn't exclude that completely, but, there are many possibilities your end for download errors such as internet instability and even HDD integrity issues, you said a few times you verified the files etc. but can you confirm if you verified them via the MD5 hash files I posted some time ago along with an app such as quickpar?

On one PC with an Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard and Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 on a SATA HDD I had to install the latest Intel® Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023 for Windows XP_Vista_7 3264bit (Asus Support) to solve the intallation problems for ArmA2 and OA.

Other 2 PC`s were easy. Without these update also the patches didn´t work, and installation of ArmA2 and/or OA was a more a lottery than anything else. Also an 6 years old MSI EIDE DVD RW did´t do any good, so I did add and use a more uptodate SATA DVD RW from LG. Just in case I also reduced the RAM from 4 to 2 GB just for the installation.

I got quite desperate, lol.

But now it is fixed here.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

how do I go about getting a new installation key for arma2 OA? The one I have contains 0 in it. Now is that the letter 0 or the number 0?

If you PM me it I should be able to check it for you and let you know.

Have you tried copying the DVD's contents to your HDD then installing from there? Checked for updated firmware? Removed any overclocks?

Is it the exact same file that errors each time? If so it's probably a dodgy DVD.

Have you tried copying the DVD's contents to your HDD then installing from there? Checked for updated firmware? Removed any overclocks?

Is it the exact same file that errors each time? If so it's probably a dodgy DVD.

Thanks Placebo that fixed it, cheers.

So I finally bit the bullet and went out and purchased the ARMA 2 CO today from Best Buy. I am excited, can't wait to play!

One problem, the CD key on the back of the ARMA 2 field manual is missing the first 5 digits of the CD key.

The arrowhead manual appears to be complete. Do I need to install ARMA 2 first, then arrowhead? If so how do I get around the missing CD key digits?

Sorry for the newbie question!

You should contact Meridian4's support, ideally include a photo of the manual so they can clearly see the missing digits, sadly this is not the first report we're getting of badly printed keys in the NA manuals :(

Depends which version you bought, boxed = manual, digital = email/website.

You should contact Meridian4's support, ideally include a photo of the manual so they can clearly see the missing digits, sadly this is not the first report we're getting of badly printed keys in the NA manuals :(

Ok, forgive the dumb question. Meridian 4? So I should not email the support@bistudio.com address?

Thank You

So I purchased my ArmA 2 from Steam, and then later purchased OA from Sprocket (purchased ArmA 1 from them before it hit US).

Well in trying to help a friend I opened Steam and it just FUBAR'd my install by re-downloading the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd understand if I hit verify game cache or along those lines but all I did was open Steam!!!!!!!! I'm not too happy with them at the moment and my customer confidence in them as a solid distribution...I'm about to sell my Steam Arma 2 key for a retail at this rate!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Be sure to set your Steam installs to not Auto Update!! I installed the manual update when I got OA...I think Steam didn't recognize it and wanted to re-download.