Sign in to follow this  

[OA] Crash trying to assign a new key.

Consistent repro (in my case):

1. Go to Controls > Aircraft Controls

2. Change 'Increase Thrust' key from Q to W (which is already used as 'Nose Down')

3. Click next

4. Crash

I'm using the latest OA patch, version 1.52.

Vista 64

Intel Q9550

ATI HD4870X2

8 GB RAM

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Accidentally posted two threads. Keep this one.

Also happens when you press 'Previous' in the Controls window

Used to happen with vanilla ArmA II v1.00 and some after, got fixed in some patch.

Strange to see it back again.

Got the same problem. When assigning new key bindings as soon as I click next CTD. I had the same trouble back in ArmA II.:(

Hope this can be fixed soon otherwise it's quite a pain, because I'm playing with my custom setup for 9 years now.

Kind regards

Same problem here.

Problem did not occur when trying to modify key bindings to the default profile. Only when pressing the 'next' key when assigning new keys to my other profile which I use.

Can someone please tell me if there is a file I can manipulate manually for the key bindings? If so where is it located?

knightdriver, just click Continue and it will work.

I have Arma 2 standalone on Steam, and recently bought Operation Arrowhead standalone on Steam. If I play OA as a standalone, I can edit key bindings without crashing.

However, if I try to start it as Combined Ops, using the "_runA2CO.cmd" file, then the game crashes when I try to edit bindings.

Quite frustrating, anyone have any advice?

the keybinding problem is already fixed in the public beta builds ...

The idea that the keybinding problem being fixed in public BETA builds is somehow a solution or appropriate response to this problem report is far from helpful.

Many people are experiencing CTD's from the controls configuration menu, whether it be using the back/next buttons or simply pressing the desired key for a given input. This is obviously a very significant bug within ARMA2:OA and not something to be simply sloughed off with a rather arrogant reply, least of all from an apparent BI developer.

Fixed in the Public BETA builds? Maybe so.

Fixed in the full release game we paid $50 for? No.

Address the Issue.

Thank you.

if you not You not interested in using fixed beta where the issue is already addressed

then feel free to wait for upcoming patch ...

it will be released when it's ready

I'd be quite happy to use the latest beta patch but as your posts in other threads indicate, I can't apply it as I'm running the Steam version of ARMA2:OA and it supposedly auto-updates and is the latest build anyway. The official site indicates the latest 1.52 patch isn't compatible with the Steam version. Beyond that, Steam is less than helpful in explaining current versions and update histories.

I've checked the file integrity and it reports no problems.

Ergo, I appear to be stuck with the crashing control configurations and can't even progress to try the game, unless I wish to unlearn 34 years of left-handedness. That's unless you have a suggestion on how to tackle this?

It seems, from reading this and other forums that a lot of people are experiencing this issue, in both the Steam version and the boxed version. Any help would be appreciated.

No beta patch are compatible with steam overlay. You can still install the beta patch and use the shortcut that are in your OA install folder after installing the beta. But your steam overlay is gone.

Just so I understand this correctly:

I could install the BETA patch over my Steam install and the game will run correctly if I run it from the installation folder rather than the Steam games shortcut? Beyond that, the patch should resolve the controls menu crash but will also remove the Steam integration for friends/etc (which is fine)?

Thanks for the reply.