Sign in to follow this  
joextod07

Custom loadouts with AO Backpacks

I know how to do custom loadouts with arma 2 but with the new backpacks im at a loss. I'm looking for a command that will allows you to place gear inside the backpack.

I've been looking but can't find anything yet. Hopefully someone else can chime in when they figure it out.

I asked Dwarden on steam to give the name of the command, but he was too busy fixing OA. :/

Maybe you're looking for:

Unitname addBackpack "Backpackname";

Unitname removeBackpack "Backpackname";

Have not found a way to edit the contents of a backpack yet.

Backpacks classnames can be found here.

player addBackpack "TK_Assault_Pack_EP1";
removeBackpack player;

I think the backpacks work like a ammobox. So maybe you can edit the content with addMagazineCargo. Not tested yet.

From a buddy of mine, hope this works.

clearMagazineCargo (unitBackpack this); to empty it

(unitBackpack this) addMagazineCargo ["Laserbatteries",1]; to add to it

clearMagazineCargo (unitBackpack this); to empty it

(unitBackpack this) addMagazineCargo ["Laserbatteries",1]; to add to it

It works.

How could I add backpacks to a cargo, say an ammo crate?

big fail, wrote my "why" aswell!

you should at least have the option as mission maker!

so yea lets hope for ACE2 to fix this!

and lets be honest for a "stand-alone" expansion it almost doesn't even beat ACE2 which is an even bigger EPIC FAIL bohemia!!

if they sack everyone at bohemia and place the ACE2 mod group in their place they would probably do better! which is really sad.

if they sack everyone at bohemia and place the ACE2 mod group in their place they would probably do better! which is really sad.

I'll take stock over ACE any day, thank you. :p

Big win, detailed response posted.

ACE will come along doing some magic stuff to this and many other things, rest assured.

"almost doesn't even beat ACE2" - isalmost the key word here? Although I love ACE for what it does to pure multiplayer games, it doesn't work well for me in the singleplayer missions I make, and have little support for singleplayer specific features.

Check out the size of an ammobox and a sack. How many sacks would you be able to fit in there? Sorry, it doesn't make sense. As mission maker, I can if I want to limit the amount of guns per crate to make it "feel realistic" (100 Javelins, yeah - RIGHT!!! :( but possible if I wanted to - this I can control on my end). But if we were allowed to store ammo crates within ammo crates, it just makes everything stupid. The exploits happening then would be out of my control. Preventing exploits is an important part of mission making.

With missing commands to check contents of a container, there is no way to get contents back on respawn, but a mission maker can create "classes" of backpacks the player can choose from: Assistant machinegunner pack, javelin missile pack, saboteur pack etc should be fairly easy to setup. Maybe that is the way of the future? Select a prefilled pack variation instead of spending time in an ammo crate? For crates, maybe limit the amounts to something more realistic?

Your last comment to sack everyone at bohemia is just silly. When did ACE give us landscape the quality of Takistan? There is more to a military simulation game than rucksacks :( I'm sure I'm going to have my cries as well when I really get going, but from what I've seen so far, everything seems very well thought out.

and lets be honest for a "stand-alone" expansion it almost doesn't even beat ACE2 which is an even bigger EPIC FAIL bohemia!!

You know nothing, so stop talking. To even say something like that is moronic.

By the way you answered that, it smells like obvious trolling - you were provoking such responses. So, ignored I guess. Sorry I ever bit.

no not at all :) maybe the last post yes! but only because I (and maybe me alone) think that the people of ace ALMOST did a better job then bohemia with the expansion!

he has his head so far up bohemia's @$$ he won't even let me have my opinion!

so i think that ace2 did a better job with the resources they had then the company bohemia did with arrowhead!

and now i will say no more of it! because arrowhead is ofcourse nice but could have been way better

As the person who originally did the ACE2 ruck system - a few words.

1. In order to make ACE's ruck system work with ArmA2 I spent weeks studying the interface and internals of A2. Doubt there is anyone outside of BI that knows that code better, certainly no one else has made a ruck system that works. And I don't have a problem with BI's competency.

2. The methods used by OA are quite different than what I did for ACE. They had a different POV about managing gear than ACE did. That does not make it wrong, just different. Slots vs volume is just a religious topic IMO and just as artificial when you concide the dimensions of some weapons that do manage to fit inside an ACE ruck.

3. I never had the ability to change fundamental resources like BI can. If I had, I might have made some of the same choices. Frankly, a crate full of rucks IS a silly idea, utterly unrealistic in terms of volume. A fixed capacity for rucks in vehicles is definitely how I would have done it. Also cringe at ACE's huge list of designer backpacks - utter fluff outside of the radio pack varients. Given that most mission designers just plunk down the default ruck crate you end up with squads running around with rucks that are completely inappropriate for that theater of operations.

4. Given that OA is just a week old, I'd expect a few things that will need fine-tuning. BIS is quite capable of making some big changes in very little time. I'd expect the new ruck system to continue to improve.

Give the BI people some credit. They came up with a good system.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Give the BI people some credit. They came up with a good system.

Thanks Evil_Echo, you pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. There are a lot of ingorant people who think just because some feature is implemented a certain way in a mod then that's how BIS should do it.

@Evil_Echo: Fully agree with everything.

@tyrspawn: Not able to check the issue or possible fixes, but content synching has always been a major issue for global containers. Have you considered the Domination approach, how it handles ammo crates? The idea is to create the container (in this case, ruck) locally for the client. The drawback is that others might not see it, but on the positive side, others cannot steal it or steal from it either; something to consider for missions designed for public gaming at least. I have absolutely no idea if this works, but it might be worth a shot.

Thanks Evil_Echo, you pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. There are a lot of ingorant people who think just because some feature is implemented a certain way in a mod then that's how BIS should do it.

+1 to you and Evil_Echo.

And it's a damn good game. With out BI ACE2 would never be here. They clearly gave us a good platform to make such wonderful mods like ACE2.

Alright, I'm done going off topic.

Take care.

Has anyone found a way to properly add mags and weapons to OA backpacks?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1665908&postcount=7 but yeah there are still issues to be sorted out

And it's a damn good game. With out BI ACE2 would never be here. They clearly gave us a good platform to make such wonderful mods like ACE2.

Its strange people seem to forget that BI are the creators of what we only build on top of, how many other games allow you to go as far with mods as ACE has. Not to mention people seem to think becuase its not the same as a good mod that it has to be wrong.

Edited by pineapple-yetti

Ok is there a way to know which back pack is the biggest in terms of slots and when I try to access a back pack other then hitting "g" I really dont see anything even if I pick the ULV bag I mean whats the command am I not understanding something? my guy is wearing it and I see it in his gear but i feel like hes carrying it and thats all

How do i make this work online?

ive done custom loadouts including custom backpack contents for my clan that i want them to be able to start with, how ever only the host gets the correct contents, the others all get the standard load of the bag

any ideas?

How do i make this work online?

ive done custom loadouts including custom backpack contents for my clan that i want them to be able to start with, how ever only the host gets the correct contents, the others all get the standard load of the bag

any ideas?

try my Loadouts script, it has this covered, its in my sig spoiler.