DZR_Mikhail

AAR (After Action Review - replay of your battle in Arma2)

with callExtension and a custom dll, this should be very doable now (that is not to say its still a lot of effort and a challenging undertaking)

This is a project that I personally (and I'm sure, many others) would like to see advance. While I personally have a somewhat limited set of skills, I'm pretty sure we can get you into an environment conducive to getting things done. I would agree that while challenging in nature, it should be very plausible with some of the work being done somewhat behind the scenes.

All the best if there are other more real world challenges, I can appreciate those. If not, please don't hesitate to send a PM along.

AAR utility does not work for me. It says me "select player" each time I try to load mission (without the possibility to select)...

Please help.

I tried AAR with ARMA Free before - but with the same result. But all addons are disabled in Free version IIRC. So I bought ARMA X. Result is the same for me ATM..

Edited by Lukas

I would absolutely love to help move this mod forward. I'm new to the forums but I have experience with software engineering and I think this would be a great place to sink my teeth into the mod community here.

Thanks!

I would absolutely love to help move this mod forward. I'm new to the forums but I have experience with software engineering and I think this would be a great place to sink my teeth into the mod community here.

Thanks!

This may be a doomed effort, but I'd just like to resurrect this idea -- of a full battle recorder that captures all the unit movements in a mission to be played back later -- in case there's any possibility of movement on it in light of any new technical developments in the engine, or perhaps in A3. I'm pretty sure I don't have the coding chops to pull it off myself, but there would absolutely be a lot of interest in using it for our group's sessions (folkarps.com). If anybody reading this thinks they might be interested in working on it, or just has any ideas on ways it might be implemented, or even just wants to voice their interest in it, this is the place. :P

I have an idea to make AAR possible, but not in VBS style. I think it is impossible without engine support. I will make some concepts and post it here asap.

Gosh, I thought no one needs this anymore and everyone is happy with friday evening fun-firefights without thinking.

Frankly speaking I was a bit disappointed by ArmA3, so I gave it up and went to DayZ, which is much more perspective in concept and technical base for MY plans (just my point of view, I can explain if anyone interested). If ArmA3 gains a decent modern infantry mod with proper RU, Insurgents and US forces I'd be glad to return and try this or that, and may be even work on AAR again. But now I'd rather help somebody who is more enthusiastic for this than me now. Cheers. Waiting for danczer's ideas.

2 hours ago, DZR_Mikhail said:

The project files were all lost. But recently I've found an old hdd and recovered it.

More details here 🙂 https://github.com/zvukoper/Arma2AAR

Here I leave a version that I have, I have no idea if it is older or newer, maybe it will be useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ap5n65c9tq05b8n/AAR.rar/file

• Thanks 1

@dalber24 thank you! This is fantastic 🙂 You're my hero 🙂 It seems your version is better and it has a website snapshot. I'll upload it to the repository as an alternative backup.

UDP: I'm starting to remember. The aar_io was the first iteration and later someone told me that I can improve performance by buffering the data. It seems my version has the buffering implemented, judging by the suffix Io_buffered. It will require a bit of digging in to sort out the most relevant version. Maybe I'll do that some time later. But I'll definitely leave both for now.

Edited by DZR_Mikhail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mikhail, I'm still waiting for your IAS mod 🤗 7 years have passed, it would not be good to release it in this 2020!?😉😜

• Sad 1

Ok. Something very dead is stirring in the darkness 🙂

I'm trying to revive AAR for Arma3. But I'm too old for that... 🙂 Need halp.

• Thanks 1

Ok, folks!

Good news.

This project is no longer maintained. It is continued for Arma3.

You can continue development for Arma2 on GitHub if you like.

I will be glad to help with advice, but not action 🙂