Sign in to follow this  
m4rk3tin6

1.07 in XP Dedicated Server Question.

Well, I use XP as OS and never had problems with dedicated before, but now with this new patch the server would not load any mission, he simply tries to load and keeps repeating the following message ...

"Roles assigned 2:41:23 .

Reading 2:41:24 mission "

And the damn server does not work, does not open the mission: (

remembering that I am trying to open standard missions Arma2 MSMO and so nothing happens, anyone have any solution?

Any help would be welcome ...

M4rK3Ting - C.C.T Brazil

I have an issue that may or may not be a 1.07 dedicated server problem.

Updated to 1.07 on a Vista sever, as well as ACE2. Sever no longer wants to show up in the sevrer list at all, even without mods attached (hence I think its 1.07 or me, not ACE...)

getting the ARMA2sever.rpt file log below. Problem line (???) is bolded. Any help would be appreciated!

=====================================================================

== C:\ArmA2\arma2server.exe

== C:\ArmA2\arma2server.exe -config=server.cfg -profiles=c:\ArmA2\Profiles -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@Local

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/06/26 12:54:17

Current time: 2010/06/26 18:19:31

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Edit: server has now magically reappeared! :butbut: but if anyone knows what the above error pertains to, that would be great anyways!

Edited by gnarly_rider

add -exThreads=1

Where are we supposed to specify this? I tried it as an argument to the dedicated server shortcut on my server and also on my client via the launcher.

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -exThreads=1 -config=server.cfg -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@isla_duala;@baghdad_v1.1;@RA -BEpath=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

This seems to work

Do you need to specify the mods? Mine seems to work without it. Maybe that's for "real" servers that enforce certain mods?

i will try get this hotfixed asap ...

For Operation Arrowhead, do you use the same SERVER.exe and run OA as you would a mod ? eg -mod=expansion OR is there a diff. server.exe for OA ?

After installing OA I did not notice any MP Missions ? are they being stored somewhere other than the install directory ? or are there none supplied with the expansion.

I cant join any servers. I can get to the screen where you choose your role, but then the loading screen hangs at around 75% and eventually kicks me back to the server browser. Adding -exThreads=1 doesn't help. I'm joining servers that don't use mods so I know that isn't the problem. I didn't have this trouble in any previous patch.

Edited by randir14

Anyone confirm this working with Benny's warfare? Do I add this to the dedi server shortcut or the client?

Your supposed to add it to your desktop shortcut target line. I did, but no change here, still cant load missions. This is really frustrating, and I hope BIS gets this fixed asap. I am having second thoughts on getting OA because of this. I have a server I pay for and cannot use, were not to happy about it!

Cheers

Roush

I thought you were supposed to add it to the Dedi shortcut ?

Confused.com

I thought you were supposed to add it to the Dedi shortcut ?
You are.

The server is hanging upon reading of the mission, so the server's shortcut has to be adapted.

You are.

The server is hanging upon reading of the mission, so the server's shortcut has to be adapted.

cheers bud... thought I was going nuts then................ Hmmmmm nothing new there then.... :)

Ok, it worked. Not sure why it worked now cuz I swore I had it set before. Does this have an impact on performance? All 4 or my cores "appear" to be working ok while hosting the game but I'm not sure what this actually does or if I can make it a higher number or not.

BTW, I used it in the Dedi shortcut.

I also have problems since the version 107 (dedicated server on windows XP)

My problem is that the server is reading the mission file, but it never ends... the server is stuck...

So maybe the -exThreads=1 will fix the problem.

works fine !!! I did reinstall the server, and still had the same problem, and now with this parameter, the server works perfect !