Sign in to follow this  
kanelbolle

Fine exampel on how make the F-35 JSF more usable

Have noticed the the F-35 is quit useless in Arma 2. Simply cause you need a player with Laser designator to drop bombs.

This should be changed!

The F-35 is a fifth-generation, single-seat, single-engine stealth multirole fighter that can perform close air support, tactical bombing, and air defense missions.

Arma 2 i would say does not make the aircraft any where near this. I know Arma 2 is not trying to make flight simulator, but this would make the f-35 more usable in the game and enhancing the game experience. :)

My suggestion is, learn from the Arma 2 community and take a look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83459&highlight=f-117

and

Integration the stealth capabilities and bomb targeting system of this fine mod maker would be a step closer to perfection of the F-35 in Arma 2.

It is easy and it is practical to use.

nice example

Great example. The A10 has the GAU gun, Mavericks; AV8B has General-Purpose Bombs load-out that are TAB-Click'able and it can carry 6 of those; F35 only has 2 GBUs & the cannon that are worth mentioning.

By the way, exactly the same system could be used for mk82 (general-purpose bombs/dumb bombs) on the AVB8 or the A10 to get rid of TAB and CLICK -> Set the crosshair over the intended target and keep on course, flying directly over it, when the designated crosshair and the static one on your optics meet, you release the munition, with some practice it should give you 5-15m. accuracy. It could have adjustments for speed of your aircraft and elevation, or those calculations could be done automatically. They used this in WWII, and are/were using it in the '80 and '90s.

LockOn has this feature and it's great.

P.S. Add counter-measures to aicraft. :D

agreed. we use the missile cam to track weapons to targets and have the following loadout in the F35

if(_type == "F35B") then 
			{
			_weapons = weapons _vec;
			if(("SidewinderLaucher_F35" in _weapons)) then {_vec removeweapon "SidewinderLaucher_F35"; _vec removeMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_F35"};
			_vec removeMagazine "8Rnd_Sidewinder_AH64";
			_vec addMagazine "8Rnd_Sidewinder_AH64";
			if(not ("SidewinderLaucher_AH64" in _weapons)) then {_vec addweapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH64"};
			_vec removeMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
			_vec addMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
			_vec removeMagazine "6Rnd_Mk82";
			_vec addMagazine "6Rnd_Mk82";
			if(not ("Mk82BombLauncher_6" in _weapons)) then {_vec addweapon "Mk82BombLauncher_6"};
			};	

makes for a much more satisfying flight

get mando missile mod and it improves all air combat basically.

You see, people want to see it in multiplayer, plug & play. I jokingly suggest sometimes that the Developers ought to implement ACE 2 into the next Arma 2 patch, people go - :eek:

It's about multiplayer.

:D

You see, people want to see it in multiplayer, plug & play. I jokingly suggest sometimes that the Developers ought to implement ACE 2 into the next Arma 2 patch, people go - :eek:

It's about multiplayer.

:D

If they implemented ACE 2 I'd uninstall the game...

Mando System would be great if more people would implement the script suite into their missions. I've done it on my warfare variant and it's excellent... I don't think I can go back to vanilla aircraft combat anymore :)

If they implemented ACE 2 I'd uninstall the game...

BIS would not be in business if they implemented ACE.

Leave the mod making up to the mod developers, and let BIS make the game they want to make. If there's a feature needed, BIS will do it their way (proper way), and not just absorb some community mod.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Personally I think all of the aircraft could use some more work. Things like MFDs with increased functionality, EOTS on the F-35, and customizable loadouts would be great.

BIS would not be in business if they implemented ACE.

Leave the mod making up to the mod developers, and let BIS make the game they want to make. If there's a feature needed, BIS will do it their way (proper way), and not just absorb some community mod.

I don't think ACE should be an original future of Arma 2. Alltho i like ACE...

But as i said this is a "Fine example on how make the F-35 JSF more usable".

And they should do something about this, not necessary making it like this.. this was just a fine example...

All i am saying it should be more usable. And i liked this one.

"ACE as is" with everything should not be implemented, I agree. But I don't mind "ACE Features" being done internally. Firstly it means builtin support for those things, making it easier for other modders to implement or change without the "hazzle of getting permissions" (i.e. new backpack system, flashlights, and proper lasers that was never before seen). Secondly it means "proper" support for those things, as BIS just can't ignore the AI or other features like teamswitch. A BIS version of backblast means AI would have to be made aware of these things, while ACE can simply choose to ignore it if they wish since it was never made with singleplayer intent. Probably not an accurate description, but you know what I mean :)

How do you aim the F-35s main gun? All I get is a small green 1-pixel dot, which I cannot see 99% of the time. There is no crosshair, unlike every other plane and helicopter in the game.

How do you aim the F-35s main gun? All I get is a small green 1-pixel dot, which I cannot see 99% of the time. There is no crosshair, unlike every other plane and helicopter in the game.

Tracers?

I agree with the mando missile comments

Its a great mod and doesnt require addons which is a bonus for me and anyone else playing vanilla arma2 or free to play.

having to aim - lock - keep lock and fire makes the game much more fun

me using mando in planes (blatant add for my you tube channel :) )

sorry about the noob target markers we had only just got the server up and hadnt set all the difficulty settings

http://www.youtube.com/user/bl1ppyboy?feature=mhum#p/u/8/xdkSqxJd0qA