Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Hitpoint Inf

I suggest aplying hitpoints (areas) on Infantry..

Head

Torso

Legs

I tried to hit an enemy in the Head, i had a clear shot and

made it, but he didnt die..Thats a big dissapoinment..

;1651840']I suggest aplying hitpoints (areas) on Infantry..

Head

Torso

Legs

I tried to hit an enemy in the Head' date=' i had a clear shot and

made it, but he didnt die..Thats a big dissapoinment..[/quote']

So, you want to remove one of them? (arms)

Well, if i AIM at the head with a "Perfect" shot...

And he doesent die..

What wrong with that picture..?!?!?!

You are probably using a mod, it works fine here in vanilla.

I think bullets can ricochet of the helmet since ArmA1, but its very rare.

;1652190']Well' date=' if i AIM at the head with a "Perfect" shot...

And he doesent die..

What wrong with that picture..?!?!?![/quote']

What are you shooting him with... rocks? Anything 7.62 or larger will certainly kill, and it may be (however extremely unlikely) possible to survive a 5.56, and depending on the unit type there's a possibility that 9mms will not, but I'm sure .45s will.

Personally I think a penetrating hit to the forehead should kill immediatley (like 10x damage taken), a hit to the upper torso should kill a man very quickly (1x damage taken), a hit to the stomach/lower torso should not reliably kill (0.5x damage), and hits to the limbs should reduce ability to fight back.

Hits to the upper torso are much more lethal for a few reasons;

-1) The central nervous system and heart are in the upper torso

-2) Any high-energy projectile will fragment when it hits bone even if it's nature is NOT to fragment when passing through mere tissue, thus the probable hits to the ribs are very lethal

-3) Hits to the lung, while have been known not to always kill a man outright, are very unpleasant.

Personally I think the game should emphasize more on wounding the target and incapacitating them, which while may not be the nicest thing to watch on your monitor, is absolutely the most realistic if you read Infantry combat reports. Incapacitating is much, much more likely to occur when hit by full-metal jacket ammunition as opposed to dying right on the spot, before they even hit the ground.

Don't think that if the model physically has a helmet or not matters. It is based on what class it inherits from (to my knowledge no specific role like FAC with boonie gets different armour than a specops in full body armour).

So it more depends on what A soldier of that faction usually wears to judge the damage. And a 5.56 against a helmet is not a guaranteed kill, since the game doesn't have any complex damage calculation for exact tissue damage.

Edited by Inkompetent

;1652238']Im using ACE2 and Beta only

Try without ACE2, see that it works fine in vanilla and then complain in the ACE2 topic. ;)

Try without ACE2, see that it works fine in vanilla and then complain in the ACE2 topic. ;)

This. BIS is not responsible for things that are broken by ACE.

;1652190']What wrong with that picture..?!?!?!

I don't know. Realistic perhaps? :)

jUyesihMliA

Btw, helmets or any gear is just visual.

Btw, helmets or any gear is just visual.

Are you sure? Weapons block bullets (though i doubt its realistic, its pretty annoying though) and i know that armor/bulletproof vests are purely config related, but for some reason i thought that bullets could ricochet of helmets, though i cant recall it happening once, couldnt reproduce it in the editor and dont really know a techical possibilty that would allow it. So i may be mistaken about those helmets. :p

Are you sure? Weapons block bullets (though i doubt its realistic, its pretty annoying though) and i know that armor/bulletproof vests are purely config related, but for some reason i thought that bullets could ricochet of helmets, though i cant recall it happening once, couldnt reproduce it in the editor and dont really know a techical possibilty that would allow it. So i may be mistaken about those helmets. :p

Weapons are not gear on the soldier model. They are separate objects, ergo their different behaviour when shot.

Weapons blocking bullets is realistic for some types of ammunition (like Handguns at longer ranges), but a Rifle would go through it no problem. It should also render the weapon useless.

Page 17, effects of Assault Rifle ammo fired through an AK-47 magazine into gel behind it:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Roberts.pdf

;1653011']Well ive been tryin out this and seem ive made a misstake..

I was wrong..Sorry..

Case closed

What was the mistake?

What was the mistake?

He was suggesting different hit locations.

Edited by Max Power
toning down rhetoric

No, it was not anything of your "talk"..LOL

I tried to shoot a HELMETLESS inf enemy in the head. And probly missed..

Thats all...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The previous poster was joking that there should be an additional hit area for the ass. This had nothing to do with the reason for starting the thread.

...or were you talking to me?