Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

I just updated Six and only one new gun showed up. That was a G3 variant. The sopmod or whatever version.

I have all G36 variants and stuff, but no MK16s or 17's in the box.

I also noticed that the Magic box doesnt have all weapons. The US Special Weapons box contains ALOT of guns that are not present in the Magic Box.

Is there something I could do that would make ALL guns show up in the Magic Box. Remember this is JUST running ACE.

Is there something I could do that would make ALL guns show up in the Magic Box. Remember this is JUST running ACE.

Yeah read the post before yours :p

I just updated Six and only one new gun showed up. That was a G3 variant. The sopmod or whatever version.

I have all G36 variants and stuff, but no MK16s or 17's in the box.

I also noticed that the Magic box doesnt have all weapons. The US Special Weapons box contains ALOT of guns that are not present in the Magic Box.

The WAGN explains it.

Okay here are the SS's you requested.

In this first pic, you can see the smoke and barely the fire itself in the distant camps, but no aura of light, at all. Before this last patch, that was very much hardly the case.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1222164/Arma%202/arma2%202010-06-13%2011-40-46-36.png

On this second pic, I'm upclose to two camp fires, hardly 15 feet from them, and I'm nearly pitch black?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1222164/Arma%202/arma2%202010-06-13%2011-41-54-95.png

Hope this makes sense.

Yeah read the post before yours :p

Yes, but why are the weapons showing up for other but not for me?(and maybe some other people...)

Yes, but why are the weapons showing up for other but not for me?(and maybe some other people...)

Maybe they are added to the crate manually like i do, dunno..

Add this to the init line of the MagicBox: ace_sys_weapons_test = true;

Everything showed up here (West, East, MG, Snipers etc..). Only 5 SCAR variants (using ACE only): Holo, Holo+GL, LB,RCO and Spectre.

Add this to the init line of the MagicBox: ace_sys_weapons_test = true;

Everything showed up here (West, East, MG, Snipers etc..). Only 5 SCAR variants (using ACE only): Holo, Holo+GL, LB,RCO and Spectre.

Now there's none of the new weapons from the newest ACE2 update... :confused:

Now there's none of the new weapons from the newest ACE2 update... :confused:

I tried it. There are 5 SCAR variants in the MagicBox with ace_sys_weapons_test = true; in the init line.

Thanks a lot Smurfbr.

WAGN lists 7 variants and so does the ammobox you add them to but 2 of them are identical to others.

There are 5 SCARs. 2 have close-quarters sights, which shows up on the classlist as a separate item.

WAGN lists 7 variants and so does the ammobox you add them to but 2 of them are identical to others.

Thats because WAGN Dynamic Classlist count twice weapons that have both Scope and CQB sights.

@Enad: Then there is something wrong there. If you are loading ONLY ACE and they doesnt show up, try re-downloading them or create a ticket at DevHeaven.

Yeah It seems ace doesnt like to work with user made shortcuts, I have to use the one it automatically creates. But that worked. Thanks man! :)

Error on your side Enad, works just fine (user made shortcuts etc)

Edited by Sickboy

Please ignore/delete, sorry

Edited by Sickboy

Using a launcher tool to manage add-ons like ACE is a huge win. Avoids much clutter with shortcuts and some allow custom lists on a per-server basis.

Could someone PLEASE help me install the ACE2 mod?

I've tried for a few days now, but I have absolutely NO ****ing clue how to get this to work. I've been here in the ACE2 thread, I've been on their official website, and nothing is making sense to me. Ok, so this is what I did so far:

1. Downloaded the CBA, ACE, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA, and ACE2 eXtras files

2. Downloaded the Six-Updater

3. Installed the Six-Updater

4. Placed the aforementioned files in the Six-Updater folder. I wasn't sure whether to put the zip files themselves in there or to unzip them, so I did BOTH.

After this, I don't know what the **** to do. I've tried running the Six-Updater console, but the black box comes up and some words come up lightning fast and it all closes (this lasts like, one second literally). I've tried running the Six-Updater GUI, but the black box comes up empty, and there's absolutely no way to kill it.

If someone could PLEASE give me very detailed instructions on how to get this annoying process finished, I'd be forever grateful. Right now, I can't play most Coop multiplayer games because everything has the ACE2 mod, and it's frustrating.

Guy LeDouche

If you have a good internet speed! Try this process!) I downloaded jast Six-Updater! installed and launched! as in this video http://updater.dev-heaven.net/images/vid.swf Six-Updater downloaded all ACE :) For me this sistem work in Windows XP and Windows 7.

Or get the latest stable Version of ACE2 files. Put them in Correct

Named Folders:

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_PLA

@ACEX_SM

@CBA

userconfig should contain a folder Named: ACE. And is found in your ROOT

directive in userconfig folder

Userconfig is were you edit you Crosshair and Nickname..Important to do

if you wanna use Saftygoggles, Earplugs and other dependent stuff. You

only have to do this once. Folder "ACE" should contain 4 files:

ace_keys

ace_serverconfig

ace_tracking

ace_clientside_config.

The file ace_clientside_config is the IMOPRTANT one..They are all imoprtant, but

that one is the one you edit. Copy to your documentfolder open and edit:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

//#define ACE_NOCROSS "These to brackets in bold must be added if you wanna play with Cross" MY EDIT!

And this one:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "YOUR NICKNAME HERE"; (EDIT"" The same as your INGAME nickname (MY EDIT)

};

FORGOT THIS ONE...VEEEERY IMPORTANT

Copy the EDITED userconfig and replace the one in the ACE folder in Game rootfolder.

Download Yoma Addon sync, install and update if neceserry..

1: Start Yoma Addon Sync

2: Click NEW server tab

3: ADD this line in the "AUTO CONFIG URL field:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

4: Click Import server

5: Click save

6: Close "New server" window

7: Tab "Favorite Servers is open and you SHOULD find "-=Kellys Heroes=- ArmA2 Ace2

Dedicated Server YAS[HTTP]"

8: Doubleclick on that server

9: Click tab "Download addons"

10: Click 1) Check for addons

11: See if the r are any updates. It should state some downloadsize in the

fields. If there are Click 2) Download Addons

When its done DELETE Files..Dont rename or somethin..

DONE

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Ok, I did all the steps, I think.

Andersson, what do you mean by when it's done, delete files and not to rename or anything (in Yoma after downloading addons)? I saw the "Delete Extra Files" button, and I assumed that's what you meant. I pressed it and nothing seemed to happen.

If that is what you meant, and everything's fine, here's my next question: How do I run ACE2? My normal ARMA 2 shortcut is the same, and when I try to add those parameters to the shortcut, it just opens up the ARMA 2 folder. When I add the parameters to it, it looks like this:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" -noSplash -NoFilePatching -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@ACE;ACEX;@ACEX_SM

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Guy LeDouche
Update

Andersson, what do you mean by when it's done, delete files and not to rename or anything (in Yoma after downloading addons)? I saw the "Delete Extra Files" button, and I assumed that's what you meant. I pressed it and nothing seemed to happen.

If that is what you meant, and everything's fine, here's my next question: How do I run ACE2? My normal ARMA 2 shortcut is the same, and when I try to add those parameters to the shortcut, it denies it. When I add the parameter to it, it looks like this:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" -noSplash -NoFilePatching -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@ACE;ACEX;@ACEX_SM

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

If that is what you meant, and everything's fine, here's my next question: How do I run ACE2? My normal ARMA 2 shortcut is the same, and when I try to add those parameters to the shortcut, it just opens up the ARMA 2 folder. When I add the parameters to it, it looks like this:

What am I doing wrong?

Did the "new" window with "Delete Extra Files" Dissapear if so you´r set to go..

Just close the YOMA and start up ArmA2 with Ace2. Dont forget the userconfig.

This is my complete startup line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA

Anyone have any clues on my snapshots there of the campfires emitting, literally next to zero light what so ever.