Sign in to follow this  
NoRailgunner

Beta build 71275 is up!

Changelog has no changes.

_neo_

First thing i noticed that my fps in default benchmark 1 did rise again...from 26fps with 71141 to consistent 27fps with 71275

thats a total plus in fps on my old system of 5fps since last full patch 1.05

I use exThreads=7

No graphical anomalies so far.

First run - try it out without addon/mods (=vanilla) and report good or bad things :)

Actually it's supposed to fix crashes from previous betas concerning file packing, empty LODs etc. so go and do test it as usual ;)

(Keep in mind though, that Addons may deliver other bugs, which should not be connected with the core game.)

is it suppose to take 1 hour to download lol
nope it's supposed to be like the other beta patches, guess the server is just slow at the moment due to other people also downloading it..

Duala works fine with it. The latest version of Okt_Noblur still works with this beta.

Seemed to stutter a little more, but I haven't defragged properly since installing it. After defragging, as smooth as ever on stock single-player missions and an ACE MP game of Domi (I don't set my VD >2,500 usually).

It will take a bit more time to tell if it's stable for long MP sessions, though. The last beta did occasionally hard crash after an hour or more (tested on ACE servers).

Some will test with vanilla, others addons. It's a good way to get an overview of both performance and compatibility for the community, so long as feedback is clear and the vanilla code isn't blamed for incompatibility errors.

- I'm still getting some artifacts with an ATI card. Less than in the period after release. I'm getting them even with shadows off. They're particularly common in smoke. -FLUSH gets rid of them temporarily.

Edited by Richey79

Yep very slow. Timed out for me bunch of times. Now its struggling at 25kb/s. :)

Yes Duala is working again, thank you.

I think Bis servers are slow because they are uploading OA Gold Master to Disc Printers :D

the whole i-net seems to be slow atm ;)

even jumping between the forums/posts here seems to take longer than usual, my email-service on web.de is crawling on the floor, too.

must be all the Arma2-Players worldwide (not to mention the players from foreign galaxies :D) that are pulling the new stuff at the same time !

back to serious: I just updated via six-updater-suite and download time here was fair.

BIS relation to its community is the best in the world :)

yes, it is - thank you BIS

Speed has been up and down for me. It's a day of impatience, I just pre ordered Arrowhead. :)

Anyone with the patch can help out host it for a little while? Still no go over here been trying for over an hour.

Alex, uploading @rapidshare ... at incredible high 78kb/sec :(

link to be followed, hope so

EDIT: must be the net complete, indeed

Net works fine for me, just this site is slow like Hell

here you go, try it as an alternative (zipped from beta-folder made by six-updater)

http://rapidshare.com/files/396366833/beta.zip.html

EDIT: just read, that rapidshare download is (if it's not a collector's account)

limited to 10 downloads, perhaps someone could host it to an unlimited site

EDIT2:

!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!

there's no "install.exe" in this package, it's the via rsync installed /beta-Folder out of /ArmA2/-Inst-Folder. Maybe won't work for others - sorry, didn't know that. Maybe someone can host the "install.exe" ?

Edited by langgis08

Thanks langgis08. :)

Will host it from my webspace with fast connection. Will update this post.

Anyone with the beta installation file can host it?

Langgis08's link is to beta through Rsync wich shouldnt work. Not even for Rsync'ers since it isnt installed but just put in your beta folder.

I've tried this patch with -cpuCount=2 and -exThreads=7, good performance but there's still some stuttering and I think AI management can be handled in a better way: in the single player campaign performance isn't excellent due to the effect [a lot of] AIs have on the CPU

Thanks HyperU2.

Adding the beta to my webspace and updating the first post to include it if anyone else has problems with downloading from the official site.

We so need to clean this thread up. :)

Error found in file addons\ui.pbo (97c3feb3!=5bfbe39b)

Error found in file addons\ui.pbo (97c3feb3!=bfab7680)

Anyone else getting this error on install?