Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

Steam sucks never buy from there

So, I found out, after a break from Arma that Steam, in 5 months, still hasn't added the 1.05 patch... so to anyone out there don't buy crap from steam.

Because Valve makes and uploads the patch themselves.

So, I found out, after a break from Arma that Steam, in 5 months, still hasn't added the 1.05 patch... so to anyone out there don't buy crap from steam.

That's Bohemia's call, they didn't upload the patch to Steam as Steam users could just use the normal patch everyone does instead of downloading 4GB again.

Bohemia's call is to do business with them. I'm asking the people to vote with there money and never buy anything from Steam...

*Facepalm*

And I believe it's been noted that 1.06 WILL be released via Steam.

Bohemia's call is to do business with them. I'm asking the people to vote with there money and never buy anything from Steam...

Because it's Steam's fault that Bohemia never uploaded patch 1.05 to their servers right? :butbut: Damn Steam is horrendous! :eek:

you know you can still install the patch manually right? *sigh*

....This is stupid. Steam, as it's been explained to you, has nothing to do with the release of the patch if they are not given the patch to begin with. 1.05 for what ever reason was never given to Steam due to some technical reason that BIS felt they were unable to do so (removal of the SecureROM perhaps?).

You should of seen ArmA1. It was never patched beyond 1.08 on Steam because BIS never gave Steam the updates. It isn't Steam's job to dig up the patches, and code them to properly update through Steam's system.

It was not given to Steam as the way that the old Steam patched games would cause the 1.05 patch to be several gigabytes big, rather than it's current size. So, BIS released it with a Steam-compatibility. I believe this issue has been rectified by Valve, so perhaps, as BOTA:49 states, 1.06 may be released on Steam.

Also, I buy games from Steam and use it all the time. I never have any serious issues with it to say that it sucks.

Patch yourself, make a stand for common sense.