chops

Operation Enduring Freedom - unofficial WGL expansion

Looks like some very nice work. I like it.

Few things I noticed:

1. Humvees have no sound when driving, or no destroyed model... is this the same for everyone else?

2. Humvee weapons - no aiming option, ie pressing "v" doesn't switch views.

3. No trracers with the converted SAW.

Another quick question...

Is there any way to change the M203 sight on the converted weapons to use the WGL one, which is actually zeroed and works?

• Like 1

Hey Marto;

1. Humvees have no sound when driving, or no destroyed model... is this the same for everyone else?

I have sound, but the missing damage texture is in the original addon model. All SEF addons have some issues that were never fixed.

2. Humvee weapons - no aiming option, ie pressing "v" doesn't switch views.

All there is is the standard crosshairs, if you have them turn off then you'll have no aim point. Pressing "V" changes the POV slightly, but that's it. Again this all comes from the original addon.

3. No trracers with the converted SAW.

This is in the original weapon also.

Another quick question...

Is there any way to change the M203 sight on the converted weapons to use the WGL one, which is actually zeroed and works?

The LSR weapons file could be edited to use WGL's M203 optics model very easily. Edited by Zulu1

I have just downloaded this mod yesterday. I will try it. This looks great addon/Mod. Afghanistan environment for OFP. YEAH!

Yep Zulu1 is right on all counts there Marto. I don't know why you're missing sound. If the HMMWVs load in game, then you must have the pbos. Can't help you there I'm afraid.

Using the WGL M203 sights is something that I remind myself to do every time I miss a Taliban by dozens of metres. It is indeed just one line of text to copy and paste. I am updating the files and will release a new version when there's enough of a difference from the last.

Thanks for your interest guys.

Good work re getting the grenade launcher sights to work - GLs are one of my favourite weapons in wgl... I actually think that the WGL sights are the only ones to actually work out of all mods, unless anyone actually knows of any others? The WGL ones are 50m per graduation.

I will look into my humvee problem and report back.

What about tracers for the converted M249 SAW, I noticed the tracers were working on the MGs of the vehicles so there should be a way of getting them to work on the SAW as well?

On a side note... WGL misses a MAG58/M240 with optics, that would be an awesome weapon in WGL...

Regards,

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Update:

Got Humvee sounds, had to install SEF_Misc.pbo

Still no damage model, Zulu, with the original addon you mean SEF or WGL one?

Also noticed Toyota vehicles and open UAZ have no sound, doesn't seem to be any extra files to install for the OFPDAfganPack2.rar pack? Everyone elses Toyota engine sound working?

Everything in Laser's weapon pack that fires an ammo type found in WGL (5.56mm, 7.62mm, 40mm etc) has been converted.

If you read Laser's weapon pack readme, you'll see a list of weapon names, all with a "lsr" prefix. If you replace that prefix with "lsrwgl", you have the OEF mod weapon name.

Change any of these to lsrWGL and you're good to go.

LSR_m240 M240B GPMG

LSR_m240_acog M240B GPMG w/ACOG Sight

LSR_m240_rx M240B GPMG w/Reflex Sight

LSR_m240_m145 M240B GPMG w/Elcan M145 sight

Copy and paste the following into a soldier's init line in the mission editor

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addweapon "LSRWGL_m240_acog"

I'll look into the sound problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Chops
Correction

Everything in Laser's weapon pack that fires an ammo type found in WGL (5.56mm, 7.62mm, 40mm etc) has been converted.

If you read Laser's weapon pack readme, you'll see a list of weapon names, all with a "lsr" prefix. If you replace that prefix with "lsrwgl", you have the OEF mod weapon name.

Change any of these to lsrWGL and you're good to go.

LSR_m240 M240B GPMG

LSR_m240_acog M240B GPMG w/ACOG Sight

LSR_m240_rx M240B GPMG w/Reflex Sight

LSR_m240_m145 M240B GPMG w/Elcan M145 sight

Copy and paste the following into a soldier's init line in the mission editor

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addmagazine "WGL_M240Mag"; this addweapon "LSRWGL_m240_acog"

Cool, thanks, I like it. No tracers unfortunately. I think the tracers are one of the coolest aspects of WGL.

Just by trying the SEF HMMWVs they don't work properly they asking for SEF Misc addon.

Is it possible to make the SEF HMMWVs stand alone please?

@rebelsupertrooper

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. What time zone are you in? There are a few of us who play COOP. We're all around GMT +10, give or take.

I'm in central usa, and i am haveing a issue now. i had to reinstall ofp do to me deleteing a file by mistake. and now it wont let me launch OEF. it keeps saying "Prepproccesor failed on file oef_b52/config.cpp error 1" i did a temp fix and removed Oef_b52 untill someone can help me

Edited by rebelsupertrooper

@Chops

I wouldn't mind playing except I'm in GMT -8. When I play with others from down under evening here is mid-morning there or daytime here is some god forsaken time like 3 or 4am there.

Where i can find that hmmvw with that shield wich is in the picture of first page?

Chops

Are You planing to add new stuff to Your OEF ?

That british and something more?

Thx for effort. Mod is awesome :)

Hi G44, thanks for the kind words mate.

I am in fact working on adding a generic Middle East conventional force, very loosely based on the Iraqi military. It's basically any Soviet/Russian equipment I can find in desert camo that wouldn't look too out of place in a Middle Eastern theatre.

So far I have the T-55s and T-72s and an Mi24 from RHS configed with WGL weapons and armour values. There are a few other things I'll have to ask permission for.

I have also used Sanctuary's great modder resource pack to knock together some Middle-East themed conventional infantry.:)

I do have the WGL British units kindly provided by Mjolnir66 (see first page of this thread). I'll add them once I've got the Middle East OPFOR out the door.

Also, we are always looking for MP COOP players who are interested in playing with this mod. We are around GMT +10.

Cheers

Chops

Il check this mod out, and i hope there are still people playing it as coop. Is there a dedicated server for this mod? or must we contact each other to create some kind of LAN/hamachi?

darkdexter, it's just me and a couple of OFP die-hards playing over Hamachi mate. A few other people have enquired. There's been a few problems of late, but we'll be back in the saddle sometime next week if you're still interested.

DELETE PLZ this post...

Edited by tom34

Ive asked Chops and am working on a patch. Haven't changed the GL sights, but did:

- eliminate the B52 error message , 

- changed the RPK47 automatic rifleman loadout to fit in inventory and not cause CTD, 

- remove binoculars from minor riflemen classes to shift awareness to close range, 

- changed mismatched weapons and magazines of ags 17 teams and demolitions, 

- changed display names in Northern Alliance and Local Militia that contained "Al Qaeda", 

and will try to change more in future, but here is what i have so far: 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wgkj05isz221n3n/barc_oef_patch_v1.zip/file

• Like 1