Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

SU slow? Can´t confirm this. Since the newer V2 Series is out it goes for me the other Way...Faster than other Download Methods!
Glad to hear that! Could you please share system spec, most importantly CPU + amount of cores?

Seems good to me..

Core i7 930 @ 2.8GHz - 4 cores (8 threads).

Full spec...

ASUS P6X58D-E

Intel Core i7 930

Thermaltake FRIO

12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8)

Corsair AX1200

2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC

256Gb Crucial SSD

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W

Seems good to me..

Core i7 930 @ 2.8GHz - 4 cores (8 threads).

Full spec...

Thanks! Hopefully peeps experiencing the problem will finally post details instead of spamming the comments section with useless posts :D

@Sickboy :

Here you are : Q9650 @ 3.6 Ghz (4 Cores,4Threads)

Full Spec

CPU : Q9650 @ 3,6 Ghz (Watercooled)

MoBo : DFI LP DK P45 T2RS (Watercooled)

GPU : ASUS HD 5870 @ 1050 / 1300 Mhz (Watercooled)

RAM : 8 GB Mushkin DDR2 1066

Sound : Creative X-FI Titanium

PSU : Cougar S700

HDD : 2 x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda @ RAID 0

Thanks!

I've improved some code and implemented better and additional logging, hopefully catching the problems better for those who experience them.

Full install from zero of @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM

took me almost 8 minutes

Core i5 750, 4 GB RAM, Win7 64bit

All good here as well.

CPU: Intel Xeon E5462 @ 2.8GHz (quad-core)

GPU: AMD Radeon 5870

RAM: 8GB

SSD: Intel X-25M G2

Hi,

It's looking very nice indeed now! But...

It might be me, but I used to be able to add multiple mods by shift/ctrl clicking and hitting the add mod button. Now, if I highlight several mods and use the right-click context menu, it only adds the first mod in the selection. Because the datagrid refreshes each time and goes back to the top, it's a small pain to scroll down and select the next individual mod.

Is it me, or is it by design?

Cheers

Hi,

It's looking very nice indeed now! But...

It might be me, but I used to be able to add multiple mods by shift/ctrl clicking and hitting the add mod button. Now, if I highlight several mods and use the right-click context menu, it only adds the first mod in the selection. Because the datagrid refreshes each time and goes back to the top, it's a small pain to scroll down and select the next individual mod.

Is it me, or is it by design?

Cheers

Multiselect still works but you need to select the row headers (column 0) - which will select the full rows.

Multiselect still works but you need to select the row headers (column 0) - which will select the full rows.

lol - sorry Sickboy - I spend all day in and out of SQL Server Manager - I should have tried this. I'm afraid when I finish working and start playing sometimes my brain gets lost along the way!

lol - sorry Sickboy - I spend all day in and out of SQL Server Manager - I should have tried this. I'm afraid when I finish working and start playing sometimes my brain gets lost along the way!
Hehe, happens to us all :)

Did some finishing touches on UI stuff past days, and currently working on the last few open tickets for the 2.3 milestone.

2.3 Image gallery

Planning on 2.3 RC1 release this weekend, please if you have found any bugs, or last-minute feedback, please lemme know; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

More major UI rework still planned for the 2.4 and 2.5 milestones.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi, how do i access otehr mods within the network? i downloaded teh six updater suite and as it is, i can only sync ACE mods. thanks in advance

Hi, how do i access otehr mods within the network? i downloaded teh six updater suite and as it is, i can only sync ACE mods. thanks in advance

Go to Presets, click "New Preset", go to Mods, select a mod you wanna add, right click on it and click "Add mod to preset".

You can also multi select - hold ctrl or shift, and select the mods by clicking on their row headers ('column 0').

ps Make sure you have the new Six Updater 2.3, and not the old Six Updater Suite Webclient :)

Ok, as usual I am probably being a bit stupid, but is there a way to refresh the list of local mods? Say I have Six open and I add a local mod, currently I am closing and re-starting Six for that mod to display on the local mods list.

I can't see a way to refresh the local mods while Six is loaded.

It's not a major problem, but when you have made an app that's so bloody good there's not much else to moan about ;-)

Ok, as usual I am probably being a bit stupid, but is there a way to refresh the list of local mods? Say I have Six open and I add a local mod, currently I am closing and re-starting Six for that mod to display on the local mods list.

I can't see a way to refresh the local mods while Six is loaded.

It's not a major problem, but when you have made an app that's so bloody good there's not much else to moan about ;-)

Click on the total count right up to refresh the list, works on all datagrids except the custom repos ones currently :)

Edited by Sickboy

Click on the total count right up to refresh the list, works on all datagrids except the custom repos ones currently :)

Nice one - thanks. Maybe a good idea to add a context menu on right click for the future?

Nice one - thanks. Maybe a good idea to add a context menu on right click for the future?

Currently the right click menu contains operations on the selected records - not sure it should contain datagrid actions too - but will look into it.

Perhaps right clicking in the datagrids outside the cells?

Edited by Sickboy

Of course!

Kellu up:

sent 41.91M bytes received 109.98K bytes 694.55K bytes/sec

total size is 158.93M speedup is 3.78

Amt up:

sent 85.73M bytes received 494 bytes 723.47K bytes/sec

total size is 85.72M speedup is 1.00

The Updater 2.3 Milestone has now reached 100%!

Latest additions include sound notifications for server monitor, 3 backups of the database are automatically maintained, and several internal improvements and fixes.

All available for your testing through auto-self-update, of course :)

I would like to release the Stable build later today, max tomorrow.

However there are some vague reports of crashing on XP / some situations,

Please if you experience any of this (and perhaps remedied it), let me know asap, thanks!

Ref: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1899782#post1899782

Work will soon commence on the 2.4 milestone, and the bigger UI/Usability changes are still scheduled for the 2.5 milestone.

Though thinking about a short break first to rest a little, past weeks have been intense! :)

Edited by Sickboy