Sign in to follow this  
RogueBlade

Track IR + Eyefinity. Has it been done?

I know we have threads for each, but man, has anyone here combined the both in Arma2? I would orgasm just watching that on youtube

I have that setup (HD 5770)! It's sooo immersive! :-D

Have worked like a charm, no problems at all. It does of cause lower my fps, but still high enough to be enjoyable (around 30). It is definitely worth lowering the graphic settings a bit to get it smooth on 5040x1050 since it adds so much to the immersion.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to provide a video, but I do have a pic for you.

Had been out flying with my Blackhawk.

TipleMonitor.JPG

The front screen is a Dell P2210 and the side ones are Acer V223WAbd.

there is deffo a vid on youtube of some one using freetrack acd 3 screens will looky brb

edit

wooot found it

Edited by stk2008

;1612547']I don't think I'm gonna be able to provide a video' date=' but I do have a pic for you.

Had been out flying with my Blackhawk.

[img']http://8pfoiq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p-ePfmojHc6on1tvxaUK5GLUxp2KHRlNoqHMTSKhhkR907UQjDb5g1ZpZQKyEh97ST3I5ZQT-zvbn-7QPijnNkp5N313olldt/TipleMonitor.JPG[/img]

The front screen is a Dell P2210 and the side ones are Acer V223WAbd.

That looks like a beast! I would love to have that, would be amazing!

Man that is awesome. So tempted to buy two more monitors. With what money...I don't know.

Yeah...that's the downside. :-/

Fortunately monitors aren't as expensive as they used to be. You can actually get a decent 22'' for roughly $150.

Another way is to buy a couple of used ones...

wouldnt it require better comp aswell? I mean.. rendering 3x ArmA2 O_O

Not sure if it would count as rendering 3x ArmA2, I think it would be like having a wider FOV split onto 3 screens, not sure though.

It does require more power.

Standard render of say 1920x1200 = 2.3 million pixels

With an eyefinity setup you're looking at 5760x1200 or 6.9 million pixels so the hardware has to work a lot harder. If all goes well in the next 2-3 weeks I may be getting a 3rd monitor, but need to get rid of 2 4890s first to grab a 5870 for eyefinity.

Will post in here if I manage to get it done.

It does get heavier for the computer, since you use a resolution of say 5040*1050 instead of 1680*1050. Fortunately it's not like running 3 instances of Arma2 - all AI, physics etc. that has to be done is roughly the same, it just have to render more polygons.

My specs are:

Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.40 GHz

ATI Radeon HD5770

RAM 6 Gb @ 800Mhz

I get between 20 (sometimes dips down to 15 for a short while) and 35 fps, with an average of about 29. Settings at about medium, some a little higher.

But I do suspect that setup is limited by the CPU. After overclocking to 3.20 GHz it's more like 25 - 45 fps.

He he, coool! :cool:

But as you imply, it will probably take a few years before they get good enough to justify their price...

there is deffo a vid on youtube of some one using freetrack acd 3 screens will looky brb

edit

wooot found it

That TrackIR isn't getting used:

A. The screen should follow his head movements.

B. There should be a green light on the left hand side as well as the right on the unit if it is in use during gameplay.

EDIT, was after a few seconds. Thanks slow work internets. :(

Nobody remember back in the day when eDimensional advertised like mad on ofp.info? I had a pair of em, was sweet in 3D

http://www.edimensional.com/

I still have a pair of those! Flying IL2 with those were amazing! :cool:

Unfortunately I can't get them to work anymore since I have switched both operating system, from CRT to LCD and from Nvidia to ATI... :-/

I have Vuzik VR glasses myself.

It's a bit lower res than I am used to but I love the 3D in IL2, the propellors feel like they are out in front of you. I also like the built in headtracking they have. Unlike TrackIR I don;t need to look at the screen.

I use them for tail gunner slots in thre Mitchell, and sit in my swivel chair and swivel around when I want to see behind me.

It's a far more intuative arrangement than TrackIR but also lower resolution. Less accurate. It uses magnets to measure the change in your position compared to the earths core.

I love the freedom of not having to sit in front of my screen with my cheeks clenched like I do with TrackIR. eing able to jump around and stuff is great.

I keep an XP machine for them. It's not like they need a big GFX card tio run given the max res.

Otherwise I have the same looking desk as you Viper. I have eyefinity, but I have been too lazy to set it up. I'm still running through my Matrox Tripleheadtogo since my monitors aren't capable of 1920x1200 I haven't yet bothered to re-wire them.

Edited by Baff1