Sign in to follow this  
kremator

AC130 script from LurchiDerLurch

Looks like this thread is getting HOT! Congrats on the release, it is really nice to have such a high quality AC130 script.

hi, i had download the ac130 script at armaholic. there is written: start the script with "ac130_action.sqf" funktion.

where is these funktion??

when i fill this in the int line of the object a message with: missing ; is coming. when i fill all ; there how arma show me where to fill in a message come with: invalid number in phrase.

so i cancel the '' . so there is this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"];

now no more problem message come.

wehen i would start the ac130 woth a notebook ingame then a message come with: ac130/ac130_action.sqf not found

what i must do??

or can someone explain me what i must do in picture or a video??

PS: sorry for my bad english. im a Germam. i had try to write the german problem messages in english. i hope you understand this :)

Edited by swateinheit

hi, i had download the ac130 script at armaholic. there is written: start the script with "ac130_action.sqf" funktion.

where is these funktion??

when i fill this in the int line of the object a message with: missing ; is coming. when i fill all ; there how arma show me where to fill in a message come with: invalid number in phrase.

so i cancel the '' . so there is this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"];

now no more problem message come.

wehen i would start the ac130 woth a notebook ingame then a message come with: ac130/ac130_action.sqf not found

what i must do??

or can someone explain me what i must do in picture or a video??

PS: sorry for my bad english. im a Germam. i had try to write the german problem messages in english. i hope you understand this :)

wenn du dir die mission runtergeladen hast und im editor gestartet sollte es keine probleme geben. du musst im prinzip nichts mehr machen, außer am notebook die action ausführen (aufn mauswheel klicken normalerweise)

@MrAgentGuy: I write him a message. thank you :)

Lurchi

Very nice scritps, but i too have the shaky camera. It shakes very violent and its hard to aim.

ah gut ein deutscher :)

ok die mission klappt. aber würd gern selber welche erstellen können. also kannst du mir daweiterhelfen?

Edited by swateinheit

ah gut ein deutscher :)

ok die mission klappt. Aber würd gern selber welche erstellen können. Also kannst du mir daweiterhelfen?

pn ;)

Woah, can we keep the forum to english please :)

Woah, can we keep the forum to english please :)

thats why I sent him a pn now ;)

it's strange I have the shaking camera only in third person view and only with ACE2

no idea where the problem with ACE2 might be

Hi i had the same problem as LurchiDerLurch (on page 3) i had to change,

"this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"];"

to

this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"];

to stop missing ; message.

set up sat phone in editor with this addAction ["Call AC130", "ac130\ac130_action.sqf"]; in the init line

when i play and 'call ac130' it says Script ac130\ac130_action.sqf not found

i added the downloaded files to my docs/Arma2/scripts folder

please help?

Edited by eccq

don't write the " " in the init line...

you need all the scripts, sounds, pictures (everything exept your own mission.sqm) from my mission folder in your own mission folder. no where else.

Re; camera hard to control / shaking.

To anyone having problems - camera is just very sensitive, keep your mouse pointer in the centre of the crosshair & you will see - takes a while to master but practice helps!

Also, try playin around with the _radius & _height in 'ac130_action.sqf' as this also helps (bigger circle=less turning/banking), been playin demo mission provided and have set radius to 1600 - this improves it for me.

All I want now is to figure out a way to get AI to initiate scripts & aim the bugger so I can watch the carnage from the ground & see that tracer coming in!

Definately the best AC130 simulation for A2 so far, a BIG thankyou to LurchiDerLurch for this amazing bit of work - we seem to be on the right path at last!

& Wow, take a look at all those scripts - this guy is nearly as much of a computer as mandoble (bet if you listened to these guys talking it would sound like a fax machine!) - where has he been hidin? 1st I've ever heard of him & 'boom - headshot' as they say!

Brilliant... it can only get better.

thankyou.

this is too much fun, but how do i set the altitude of the c130?.. I'm testing this with Sands map.. That is all thanks!

Just been testing with and without ACE2. One time in 3 I did NOT get jumping of the camera. The rest made it unplayable.

By the way, setting a more realistic height of 1600m and a radius of about 1200m was just perfect.

By the way, setting a more realistic height of 1600m and a radius of about 1200m was just perfect.

How do you set height?.. thanks

Found in ac130_action.sqf

Done even more testing. It seems that ACE2 does stabilize the camera but it is WAY off centre.

Thanks i found it earlier too, feels way much better now :) Now to drop some shilkas :P

Being able to control height and radius on the fly would be superb as well :)

don't write the " " in the init line...

you need all the scripts, sounds, pictures (everything exept your own mission.sqm) from my mission folder in your own mission folder. no where else.

hi thanks for the reply.

i put everythung in my mission folder except your mission.sqm.

i now have the following message appear when im prompted to open map and single click

Resource AC130Dialog not found

then it closes the map and returns t first-person view

its a great addon and im desperate to put it in my missions!

Edited by eccq

are you sure that you have the describtion.ext in the mission folder?

Being able to control height and radius on the fly would be superb as well :)

try W/A/S/D ... you can control speed and radius... ;)

DOH of course! Not tried that..... any testing needed of a new version just ask :)

is there any chance that the ai can use this too?...

Ok, so I tried the demo mission.....And when it ask me to mapclick, my arma 2 crashes. Also, how can I use this script in another map like avagani?

There is something badly wrong with your arma install or your download is corrupt.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Lurchi, I have found that the WASD keys are not working as intended. Is this perhaps why the camera is bouncing ?

There is something badly wrong with your arma install or your download is corrupt.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Lurchi, I have found that the WASD keys are not working as intended. Is this perhaps why the camera is bouncing ?

corrupt? I downloaded it twice. And I used DoW arma launchpad to play arma 2.