Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How to defend against soviets?

Ok, I played the mission, I think it's called "Unfinished business".

And I decided to actually stay and help the resistence fight off the soviet attack.

After trying this for a while, I managed to kill almost all the infantry. Alot of the enemy tanks got taken out somehow. I guess because of the mines. And some AT men.

But is there a way to take out all the rest of the enemy tanks??

I can't find any AT's around or any satchels.

By the way, where the heck did that Gandovski guy go to?

He said he was going to stay to give the resistence fighters a hand. I didn't see him anywhere throughout the fighting.

And I went everywhere. I figured that I could use his help during the fighting. Plus, he has satchels.

The closest I got to ridding the place of tanks was, one of the enemy tanks was in pretty bad shape and it's crew jumped out. I killed them, and hopped in. Unfortunately the gun wasn't aiming right. Wouln't go up or down.

Anyways, does anyone have any ways of doing this? Maybe there are some satchels or mines or rockets hidden somewhere? As far as I can tell, there was only 1 resistence fighter who had a rocket launcher, but he never really got killed. And plus, he used it well and I am not one to ever intentionally harm a friendly unit.

Guest Titanium

Just follow orders and get back to the boat... a lot easier.

What does AFAIK mean Ralph?

This is weird. I managed to kill every enemy soldier, officer, tank crewman, sniper that was there. Basically everything except for the tanks and the Mi-17(which I tried to take down by aiming for the pilot with my M-16).

I even went past the castle ruins to the little city on the other side of the hill and killed the lone officer standing there.

I went down there to see if maybe there was a weapons stash there somewhere. Nothing. I cannot find any AT's satchels, or mines anywhere.

Grenades seem inneffective to the tanks.

I even went into the tower to see if they have any other weapons stored there.

Nope. This is strange. I can't believe that they actually live there day out without any extra weapons stored there incase they get attacked.

As far as I can tell, they only owned 1 rocket launcher in that mission.

Titanium, that is what lead me to try to hold off the castle ruins.

I did just go back to the boat but then I only got 3 X's when I completed the mission. No stars.

In all the previous missions I always got like 4-5 stars.

AFAIK = as far as I know

I don't think you can "win" this mission. I believe the enemy force is deliberately made strong enough to not be defeatable, so that the storyline goes in the direction required for the campaign.

I think you just have to take a low score on this mission (that's what I did).

BTW, shouldn't this be in OFMissions?

Never try to stay with the résistance and fight. I had always being doing what the mission told me too, go back to the boat.

So your not supposed to go back to the boat. Anyway, box of ammo are useless if the player is not suppose to use them cos the AI is not smart enough to go at it and reload most of the time. (I think...)

I always completed this mission by returning to the boat!

No way I was gonna help those terrorists in the castle!

Let them all burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

I always managed to end this mission with a positive score cause I always try to finish off a few enemies before I escape.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is strange. I can't believe that they actually live there day out without any extra weapons stored there incase they get attacked.

As far as I can tell, they only owned 1 rocket launcher in that mission.<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO!!

For some reason I can't stop laughing at that statement. It's true, of course. They've been sitting in this really obvious place all this time and they only have one RPG, no mines, no satchels.

I tried to stay and help them out a few times as well, but I did far worse than you. The guy with the launcher would get killed fast most of the time, and I'd snag his launcher, but I wouldn't take out too many tanks before getting nailed. I did see some crewmen get out of a tank, so I ran up to steal it and it blew up in my face when I got there, crippling me and basically ending my mission right there.

i was able to kill them all (well kinda)

here's what i did

when he said bla bla bla run to the boat i ran up in the tower and took out all the advancing squads, then i went down, grabbed a pk, and started unloading on the MI-17 until it went down (took about 2 clips but it worked)

after that, i found the guy with the rpg. dead. figures. all the ammo crates are empty, also figures. finially after all that, i stock up on hand grenades and start throwing them at the t-80s (before you call me a n00b, read the whole thing)

i figured that would get the AI's attention and get them heading towards me (who is standing in the middle of the minefield)

well it worked, one by one they charge at me, and i run and cover and wait for the explosions. of course after that i discover a T-80 sunk my boat earlier and there was one left in the town which wouldn't come out.

was a fun little adventure

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 11 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gastovski goes back to boat, AFAIK<span id='postcolor'>

He's a ninja in the night. You can't see him. wink.giftounge.gif

I killed them all from the castle tower. Only tanks left at the end. Some of them were destroyed by mines and some of them were only disabeled (they had disabled tracks) and some of them were undamaged. I stole a damaged T80 and i destroyed all tanks and that Mi-17. smile.gif

IceFire:

A few comments here.

1) I am not sure what mission this is. I don't know if I have played this or not.

2) Always look out for your own skin. Let the resistance fighters fend for themselves.

3) Those Russian Tanks are hell on wheels.

Ok, I just realized that I am spending way too much time trying to defend that place when it is not even one of my objectives.

I just want to know what I need to do to get a good score on that mission.

I do not like those red X's even when I completed everything. If there is something that I am missing, I want to know.

"Tales from Topographic Oceans is like a woman's padded bra. The cover looks good ... but when you peel off the padding there's not a lot there."

--Rick Wakeman, 1974, as documented in Yesstories (1996)

LOL got it from here

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 12 2002,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I just realized that I am spending way too much time trying to defend that place when it is not even one of my objectives.

I just want to know what I need to do to get a good score on that mission.

I do not like those red X's even when I completed everything.  If there is something that I am missing, I want to know.<span id='postcolor'>

All you need to do is kill a couple of enemy soldiers before you leave. Three or so will be enough, I think.

Isn't it a waste of time even bothering to help? I mean all you need to do to finish the mission is peg it back down to the boat. Which is a bit of a trek anyway. Mind you if I remember right you don't need to go right the way down to the boat anyway so nothing wrong with sticking around and having some fun. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ April 11 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 11 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gastovski goes back to boat, AFAIK<span id='postcolor'>

He's a ninja in the night. You can't see him.  wink.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'v made a real ninja addon... the unit can't be seen or heard by the AI before he fires his weapon biggrin.gif

He doesn't have any breathing sound either wink.gif