Sign in to follow this  
Penfolde

which runways can handle C-130 transporters

If you're asking what runways on Chernarus can take C-130s the only one is the main one near Vybor. The other two are too small I think. Or at least they tend to crash when taking off.

Balota can get a human piloted C130 off, just about. Will post vid later.

Lol I love landing the c-130 on the carrier;

getting the AI to do it = fail xD

My above post was referring to AI. I'm sure that a human player can land/takeoff on anyone of the runways. The AI does not seem to be able to takeoff from Balota or Krasnostav though. There are trees at the end of the runway and they tend to hit them. And if they don't hit them they tend to try to turn the wrong direction and into a mountain.

It's a tough call for a HP to get the C130 out of Balota. The best chance is towards the east and even then the trees are in the way.

Can't use any of them.. The vybor h as buildings to close to the runway and the planes hit it and then crash. The tower also is in the way so pretty much they are all a nogo. Delete collection on the tower causes the game to crash so best of luck.

Well. The KC-130J & C-130 family don't realy need runways to land. Just some flat land lange enogh to do so.

Sorry to spam up your thread with talk of scripts but this may be of help if you want to decrease the length of runway required for C130 take-off. It should work for both player and AI piloted aircraft.

The short take-off script (STO)

Runs automatically when you attempt to take off - it essentially increases the rate of acceleration of the aircraft while on the ground so that you get airborne much faster - once in flight the boost script switches off

Download

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/STO/STO.rar

To use

1. Create a c130 in editor and name it eg. c130

2. Place the following line of code in the init.sqf of the mission, where "c130" is the name you gave the aircraft in the editor - will need to do this for each c130 that has STO capability

[c130] execVM "\STO\STO_init.sqf";

3. Add the STO folder from the archive to your mission directory

How do you get it to taxi though without making a config addon? None of the airports will let the plane taxi without hitting something.

You don't basically. It's possible to turn around at the airport near vybor if you plan it out right, but its a pain in the ass. I know you said no addons, but I have to mention that it taxies great in ACE2. That would be cool if we had some JATO rockets too.