Sign in to follow this  
bushlurker

Falkland Islands Map - Ideas, Discussion & Demo Terrains

Well one resource saver will be the buildings. The buildings in the Falklands look pretty much like the buildings in ArmA2. And of course there are no trees. There are some large Jurassic-looking plants, usually snuggled away in hill valleys, and of course the occasional boulder or rocky outcrop.

That Malvinas mod looks embittered at the british victory. Lol

Looking Impressive so far, reminds me of the Falklands 1982 Mod for OFP, that was a nice well polished mod :)

This would be interesting considering the situation between Britain and Argentina at the moment.

I would help, but I cannot use any of the tools to save my life.

Another good thing for this map, especially if its the present day setting, would be to have some detritus from the previous war littered around the place, ive seen a fair few recent photos of the falkland islands with rusty plane wreckage & artillery guns dotted about, & even a couple of argentine field kitchens that still sit at the peak of tumbledown :) And dont forget the wrecks of old whaling ships that are half submerged on the coast. I know it wont be an inch by inch reproduction of the islands, but a few touches like that would be cool

No, they decide make the mod for Amra 2

:yay::yay:

Edited by zombo

Another good thing for this map, especially if its the present day setting, would be to have some detritus from the previous war littered around the place, ive seen a fair few recent photos of the falkland islands with rusty plane wreckage & artillery guns dotted about, & even a couple of argentine field kitchens that still sit at the peak of tumbledown :) And dont forget the wrecks of old whaling ships that are half submerged on the coast. I know it wont be an inch by inch reproduction of the islands, but a few touches like that would be cool

On that note theres a few minefield on falklands still left over. Theyre all clearly marked and fenced off, maybe including these should be included!

Very good TERRAIN pictures of island you might use for your work:

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/594745/Hiking-in-the-Falkland-Islands.html

Add british troops & Argentin troops

About view distance and the preformance. what about add FOG? cold and rain as it was?

And dont forget:

Goose Green

Mount Tumbledown

Mount Harriet

Mount Kent

Mount Longdon Sangar

Mount Longdon Wreath

Mount Tumbledown

Port Stanley

and so on... :)

Keep up the good work!!

:D

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Yo, been a tad out of things for a couple of days, but this seems to have gone madly popular since I posted up what was intended more as a tech demo! Will do my best to catch up with the various PMs and whatnot and decide where to go next with this map.

Yo, been a tad out of things for a couple of days, but this seems to have gone madly popular since I posted up what was intended more as a tech demo! Will do my best to catch up with the various PMs and whatnot and decide where to go next with this map.

Ha ha see what happens when you start something! :p good to see it drumming up a lot of interest & support though!

My suggestion is just try to just get a basic island working with some few good looking spots where the game play will be foucs on!

Like Goose green, Mount Longdon & Port Stanley. Start smal and just get it working.

Add Infantry and artilleryscript and try out the gameplay for a start.

Think there is allready a weapons add on with the weapons that where used by the infantry? Any one know the link for weapons add on with weapons that where used?

Here is a smal youtubeclip with good overview map over the battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHRe_S9ftQ

Weapons list :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Falklands_War

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Chris, you have stirred the hornets nest... and the hornets are hungry falklands lovers!

Oh dear, you do like to keep yourself busy don't you!:j:

Shhh nobody needs to know i've been playing AvP3 for 3 days solid now :D

Shhh nobody needs to know i've been playing AvP3 for 3 days solid now :D

And now back to the island!

;)

Can the ArmA engine do justice to the "gentle breezes" which blow all year round down there? I don't think I've ever seen wind like it, at least not in "summer"...

No, but if you buy yourself a desktop fan, turn it onto max and point it at your face, you can have the Ultimate Falklands Experience.

No, but if you buy yourself a desktop fan, turn it onto max and point it at your face, you can have the Ultimate Falklands Experience.

LOL. Chuck in some handfuls of grass to blow at you, add the occasional bucketful of sand/grit just to make your eyes sting, scatter some sheep sh*t round your desk, finish off with the acrid smell of guano, and it'd be perfect, I reckon...

LOL. Chuck in some handfuls of grass to blow at you, add the occasional bucketful of sand/grit just to make your eyes sting, scatter some sheep sh*t round your desk, finish off with the acrid smell of guano, and it'd be perfect, I reckon...

Couple of angry geese too.