Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Do you remap the non-vehicle keyboard assignments?

I'm having a bit of trouble adapting to the command system. So I'm wondering if most people remap a bunch of keys, or am I much better off adapting and learning this type of control scheme?

Thanks! :)

First thing I do with any game, of course with ArmA it took about a week.

I haven't changed any controls apart from the controls for the bulldozer, which is basically camera controls when using 'camera.sqs'.

Map your keys the way you're comfortable with them. The default configuration does have some oddities and isn't perfect.

Map your keys the way you're comfortable with them. The default configuration does have some oddities and isn't perfect.

Can I ask which ones you find odd? I'm still trying to get used to the selection/command scheme (not sure if I want to leave it as scroll/select with mouse, or remap it all).

Edited by jpinard

Play with defaults first. Once you understand what everything does, remap.

The command system pretty much requires you to memorize the most often used number combinations to be effective.

Haven't done much with the non-vehicle controls myself:

Changed some bulldozer controls to mouse inputs...

Remapped middle mouse button to toggle third person. just got used to using LMB to select action (previously i always used mmb to selct action even if it wasn't a default one). I advise everyone to do this remap as it saves a lot of time taking your hand off the mouse to press 'little enter'/numpad enter :D .

Changed ] to surrender. :D

Is there a way to put your M16 in your backpack? Whiel doing the traning mission to drag or give first aid to soldier it seems the gun is getting in the way. I'm having all kinds of trouble with this.

Whiel doing the traning mission to drag or give first aid to soldier it seems the gun is getting in the way. .

:yeahthat:

:smiley-blunder:

:yeahthat:

:smiley-blunder:

Well I could use some help. I'm following the orders to the letter and cannot drag the wounded soldier. I've only had the game a couple of days.

The weapon doesn't interfere with first aid or dragging etc.

Its just that the trigger point for the option to come up can be hard to find.

You must move as close as possible to the person and aim around untill the options pop up. After some practice you will have a better idea where the trigger zone is.

Here's what's happening... I go close enough to the injured soldier and chose "drag soldier", then after the drag command is initilized, I try and move and I can't move using WASD. I tried holding enter while moving and that didn't work either.

you can only drag walking backwards , scroll your mouse when close and choose the command with enter...using the left mouse somtimes makes you shoot him instead!

you can only drag walking backwards , scroll your mouse when close and choose the command with enter...using the left mouse somtimes makes you shoot him instead!

Ahh. So maybe what's going on is when I try and go backwards it thinks there's an object blocking me and I can't move with the soldier. How do I pick him up and sling him over my shoulder?

Ahh. So maybe what's going on is when I try and go backwards it thinks there's an object blocking me and I can't move with the soldier. How do I pick him up and sling him over my shoulder?

All actions like that are accessed through the mouse scroll wheel, when you've gotten him into drag mode scroll and click "carry" or whatever it says. Same goes for dropping him down again.

If the rifle gets in the way or annoys you double-click left control and you will lower it. Double click again to lift it.

All actions like that are accessed through the mouse scroll wheel, when you've gotten him into drag mode scroll and click "carry" or whatever it says. Same goes for dropping him down again.

If the rifle gets in the way or annoys you double-click left control and you will lower it. Double click again to lift it.

Foujnd out my problem was the game not myself. Once I installed the beta patch it works flawlessly. Woohoo!

Edited by jpinard