Sign in to follow this  
wolf[173rd]

1.4 to 1.5 = Desktop crash?

So yeah, I started 1.4 up before and nothing crashed, I applied 1.5, boom crash to desktop. Amazing.

Fix?

Bonjour je suis belge et je n arrive pas a Mettre le patch 1.05. Je ne suis pas tres bon en informatique quelqu un sait le Donner les démarches PAS A PAS? Un Savoir que j ai deja telecharger le patch et que je possede Une version du jeu 1.01 ... merci d avance.

Bonjour je suis belge et je n arrive pas a Mettre le patch 1.05. Je ne suis pas tres bon en informatique quelqu un sait le Donner les démarches PAS A PAS? Un Savoir que j ai deja telecharger le patch et que je possede Une version du jeu 1.01 ... merci d avance.

telecharger patch 1.05 ici -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu:9000/Arma2/downloads/patches/ARMA2Update_105.zip

;1555270']So yeah' date=' I started 1.4 up before and nothing crashed, I applied 1.5, boom crash to desktop. Amazing.

Fix?[/quote']

So yeah, without ANY of your computer specs listed you won't get much help... boom, amazing, huh? :j:

Maybe the second guy already has your answer though... couldn't quite make out what was said though.

;1555270']So yeah' date=' I started 1.4 up before and nothing crashed, I applied 1.5, boom crash to desktop. Amazing.

Fix?[/quote']

I'm having the same issue, It worked fine on 1.4 then I installed 1.5 last night and its killed my game.

Check your event viewer under the administration settings in your control panel and see what error your getting for Arma 2.

I'm currently getting the following under [information]:

Fault bucket 1621231367, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: arma2.exe

P2: 1.5.0.62017

P3: 4b2f54d8

P4: arma2.exe

P5: 1.5.0.62017

P6: 4b2f54d8

P7: c0000005

P8: 000ea959

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF518.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma2.exe_beb78c9b1a5337ddf142be07433db547fc81642_0f0a00ea

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 83945327-0c22-11df-8010-001fe253587e

And the following under [Application Error]:

Faulting application name: arma2.exe, version: 1.5.0.62017, time stamp: 0x4b2f54d8

Faulting module name: arma2.exe, version: 1.5.0.62017, time stamp: 0x4b2f54d8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000ea959

Faulting process id: 0xff4

Faulting application start time: 0x01caa02f1eb964bb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Report Id: 83945327-0c22-11df-8010-001fe253587e

I cant explain how annoying i find it when these developers use the mainstream public as real time beta guinea pigs.:mad:

I bought the game to play it, not to be a part of the development for it!

Same problem here. Found out a while back, but never really did anything about it. Assumed BI would fix it. How naive.

Anyway, I'm running windows vista 64 bit, 4gb RAM, "Intel Core 2 CPU E8500 @ 3.16ghz".

ArmA2 1.04 worked.. well, decently. I mean, it still feels like a beta, but at least it worked. 1.05 result in a crash right before the menu is supposed to appear. I did the same Event Viewer thingy as Ukez. I got this:

"Faulting application arma2.exe, version 1.5.0.62017, time stamp 0x4b2f54d8, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6001.18215, time stamp 0x4995344f, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00010e0d, process id 0x10e8, application start time 0x01caa03b81d5d46a."

and

"Faulting application arma2.exe, version 1.5.0.62017, time stamp 0x4b2f54d8, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6001.18215, time stamp 0x4995344f, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00010e0d, process id 0xc14, application start time 0x01caa03a812390da."

Hope its of any use for both the other people out there not being able to play ArmA2 as myself.

Yay for big posts.

I'm on 64bit OS too..

Could be a possibility, maybe, maybe not... Is anyone else here running version 1.5 on a 64bit XP, Vista or Windows 7?

I'm only just guessing here at the moment as clearly i haven't got a clue...

Like i said, it worked before and now this. It seem some of your error code is the same as mine.

I just reinstalled the game for the third time this time reinstalling it back up to 1.4...and bingo it works again. This is blatantly a cock up on there part.. :j:

je veux juste savoir si il faut double cliquer dessus ou si il faut faire autre chose?

je veux juste savoir si il faut double cliquer dessus ou si il faut faire autre chose?

The only allowed language here is english. That should be obvious by taking a quick look around.

I'm having this error randomly as well on one of my servers.

Hi, I cant help you much but it definetaly is not a problem with 64bit os as I am running 1.05 fine on win7 64bit. Could be the fault of x64 XP tho :S

i have the same issue,since i updated from 1.04 to 1.05.

never had it before, but now it turns me into a nightmare.

but i found something nice out : i defenitaly can say it doesnt like the nighttime anymore !!! i tried different maps but i got the same prob every time.but then it came to my mind. i permanently tried to start a game in nighttime,to use NVG.

an other example : i start the game and the screen with the mainoptions pops up,where you see the Khe Sanh. you guys know the daytime in this scene is changing every time ,but when its dark,the game immediately crash to my desktop(but still running in backround,with no chance to reswitch).

it still CTD in daytime too,but its randomly and it happens after hours,if its happen.

well,something is very fishy here since 1.05 !

:-(

oh yeah,before i forget...my specs :

AMD PHENOM64 9750 quad 2.40 ghz

4 GB RAM Corsair 1066

NVIDIA G285 GTX (2GB RAM)

Windows 7 64b

Edited by seelix

I installed a new motherboard and updated the driver under Windows 7 64bit, then played Arma 2. Lasted about 30 mins then CTD. Played again, lasted 10 mins then CTD. Tried to load it again and since it hasn't loaded at all (loads in background then crashes)

So I reinstalled Windows. I could have cleared out my old drivers and gone for the fresh driver install, then repatched arma 2, deleted my cfg file, then started fresh, but I need a fresh install every now and then to get rid of the junk.

As a side note, not that it's important, my old MB was PCI 1.1, new MB is PCI 2.0. Before reinstall was benchmarking at 26 fps, after reinstall I am benchmarking at 34 fps. Max settings. Partially driver issue, partially fresh install.

Long story short, try this :

Disable all mods then test. If it still fails.

Reinstall Arma 2 and download a fresh patch (fresh 1.05, not from a torrent), if you have steam then verify integrity of cache.

Install patch 1.05, and test. If it still fails.

Update drivers. If it still fails.

Fresh O/S install. (extreme I know, but how badly do you want to play?)

@bulldog

sry but this has nothing to do with the real problem in here !

if you install a new motherboard you have to install a fresh windows for sure.

and surly noone really cares about your "i-install-a-new-windows" routine.

and all your tip-offs like updating drivers or how to install a fresh arma2 is like redundant because we all know how to install a game or drivers. ^^

and WE wont install a fresh new windows,when the real issue is somewhere in the new update of 1.05.

so,dont misunderstand me,this is no offense against you.

WE JUST WANT REAL HELP IN HERE !

;-)

@seelix,

Bulldog had the same problem, yet he cured it and gave in detail as to how. We do in fact appreciate info such as his.

Might I ask seelix which video memory setting do you use in the game?

Just a quick question: do developer types from BI check this section and help people out or is it just the community helping the community?

all setting are on HIGH

AA is on 7

res. is 1920 x 1200

graficmemory set to default after reading some tip-offs(was on very high before)

sight 4000 m

blur effects disabled

..but like i said before : it doesnt like the nighttime anymore since 1.05 ! thats what i clearly figured out here on my machine.doesnt matter what specs i use.

and doesnt matter if i disable PhysX or similar tweaks.

@SWAT_BigBear

sry,but not a single part of his post is showing me the info that he cured his problem.

Edited by seelix

There are a few of us that have the GTX285 (1 & 2 GB) and using default or very high will crash our game. It did this with 1.04 also.

Using high, seems to work for us.

setting it to High doesnt changed anything,as i supposed.

but...a third time : it doesnt like the nighttime anymore.

same maps at daytime works.i change the daytime to latenight and it CTD immediately (within 30 sec.) .

my opinion : its a tiny little error somewhere inside of 1.05

(to clearly come back to the topic title 1.4 to 1.5 = Desktop crash)

Edited by seelix

;1557086']Hi' date=' I cant help you much but it definetaly is not a problem with 64bit os as I am running 1.05 fine on win7 64bit. Could be the fault of x64 XP tho :S[/quote']

Did you update from 1.04 to 1.05 or install ARMA 2 then just install 1.05?

@leopoldo

i updated from 1.04 to 1.05

Are all the old patches included in the latest one? or do you need to install hem all separately?

First time i installed ARMA 2 i just installed 1.05 which seemed to work fine, if i tried to install any earlier patches it just said 1.05 was newer.

I have recently tried downloading them all and install them in order as part of troubleshooting.

I am having a similar CTD but i dont get any errors, the game window just closes but the game is still utilizing resources and appears under Task Manager as running but i am not able to bring the game back up as its icon is not on the task bar nor does it appear in the ALT+TAB menu.

I was wondering if possibly installing all the patches was the cause of it especially since others are having issues when "updating" from 1.04 to 1.05.

when i look at the arma2.RPT file its full of errors but the game seems to play fine apart from these "CTD's" whic usually happen when i try and save. It has happened at random time shwilst playing the game also and someone else has the same problem, he thinks that it tends to happen when you have been playing for a few hours which may be correct as i have been trying to complete and save the same mission a few time and try to save at the same point which probabluy takes me roughly the same amount of time on each attempt.

Edited by Leopoldo

I suffer from this too, very random in how it appears but usually the more going on around the map the quicker it happens.

i7 920

GTX 285

3gb RAM

It HAS to be a mem leak issue, has to be. Frustrating too because previous beta patches were fine.

So most here(the hundreds of posters on this forum) have had no issues going from 1.04 to 1.05., and everybody in this thread have nvdia drivers.... Then Bulldog does his fix with a new clean OS and DRIVERS, and we have Swat_bigbear with the great tip on VideoMemory(hint, hint).

There will be no new 1.05.fix.for.seelix.

Best try some new NVDA drivers, and or settings, NightVision works fine, that is a true sign of wonky driver or settings...Maybe your asking too much from your H/W to run such high settings in S/W...?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I suffer from this too, very random in how it appears but usually the more going on around the map the quicker it happens.

i7 920

GTX 285

3gb RAM

It HAS to be a mem leak issue, has to be. Frustrating too because previous beta patches were fine.

Make sure HT is off in your Bios.

I've tried drivers and I've disabled HT in bios, I've also tried innumerable different config settings and still it does it. Problem is it's random in when it happens, sometimes I'll be fine for 6-7 hours, other times I'll be lucky to last 40 minutes.

I might try a fresh reinstall of the game, failing that I'll either wait for Arrowhead and hope that fixes things up because I'll be damned if I wanna reinstall my entire fucking OS just for a game.