Sign in to follow this  
beton

Betons addons releasethread

Great map, I really love it!

The atmosphere and immersion are really excellent. Looking forward to play it with WW2 units.

Two small issues:

- The church in Huertgen is floating

- AI seems to be able to look through the walls of many buildings

Again, thanks a lot, keep up the good work!

A.

I tested the island today for hours and must say...it's time for the Allerseelenschlacht! I'm on it :cool:

Thx for this great Hürtgenwald map, Beton.

Just some pics from some of the updates...

Hürtgenwald v1.11 will be available soon...:)

HU_111.jpg

HU_111b.jpg

HU_111a.jpg

HU_111c.jpg

stay tuned...

First page updatet.

Huertgenwald v 1.11 is available for download

also Betons addons is updated to v 1.47

Have fun....:)

Thx for the new version, Beton! :)

Put it on our island section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Hürtgenwald [1.11] by Beton

dlicon.gif

Beton Addons [1.47] by Beton

Have you changed any classnames of the Beton addons? In all the missions of my WW2 campaign on Hürtgenwald the classes of Bet_Holzverhau, Bet_Holzverhau_1 and MGNest_splinter are no longer available. :confused:

Hello,

I have both your mods installed, "@bet_huertgen_1.11" & "@bet_addons_1.47" along with, "@31stWWA2" & "@Wx_WW". My game completely crashes to desktop when ever I tried to run your Hürtgenwald map in the game mission editor. Any idea why or how to fix it?

P.S. I tried your Nome Island maps (winter & summer) and they also crash me right to desktop whenever I try to preview my mission using your maps in the map editor.

Thanks in advance!

~SD~

Edited by ShaggyDowns

@shaggy:

sorry for my late reply, haven´t been at home in the last days. Maybe you could try and delete the Hürtgenwald and the betons addons in the 31stwwa2 because they are older versions. You should also have a closer look if the folderstructure of hürtgenwald and betons addons is correct.

hope that helped...

@imutep:

yes some classnames have changed, just have a quick look into the config of bet_militia they are easy to find... sorry for that

Hi Beton,

Thanks for getting back to me! I did what you recommended and I got the Hurtgenwald map to finally work correctly (sweet!). Now the issue is the Nome maps, they still crash to desktop when I create a mission and try to preview it. I also made sure everything related to that map was cleaned out of the original "@31stWWA2" folder as well.

Any suggestions?

~SD~

Well, as i wrote in the readme of betons addons 1.47 the compatibility to the nome islands is not guaranteed anymory since i was assuming nobody uses this maps anymore. If more people are interested in using the "Nome" maps i could try and update them.

Normally, when a map crashes immediately after start this is a hint of problems with the clutter. I have changed some of the clutternames for better overview so the nome maps can´t find the desired files anymore.

Hi Beton!

First - thanks again work your wonderful map Hürtgenwald! I'm at the moment building up some missions with I44 on it.

At this I'm having some trouble though with one bridge. The bridge near Mestrenger Mühle (Kall river bridge) is buggy in the newest version. The AI can pass it only after 1 minute and beside that you brake your car (Kübelwagen) when you drive on it with full speed (from the south east).

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks a lot for your work!

Hi Undeceived,

i haven´t worked on Hürtgenwald for quite a while. There has been some progress in my Addons since the last released version. I will release a new version of Hürtgenwald as soon as possible. Before i have to test the map with my latest addons. It may take a few days because at the moment i am pushing the conversion of my Omahabeachmap from Arma to Arma 2.

Stay tuned...

I have quite some time, no problem! :) Just wanted you to know.

Danke für die Arbeit!

Edited by Undeceived

Hi I also would like to work with this map. Any updates of it available? Ot is the armaholic version (winter) the newest one?

Dear Beton,

is it possible to get rid of the error when you load the map?

FTHUD error: Zoom levels has not been set for this map. Or something like that shows up everytime I load it.

I know its been a long time. But maybe you are willing to adjust this great work.

...and here we go again:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Also please do not doublepost.

And FYI:

FTHUD error...

Guess what is causing this message.

Thread closed, OP knows where the key is.