Sign in to follow this  
ForeverOmega

New Campaign *WIP* Requesting..

Hello, for a long time i've been a writer, i've wrote many short stories, it's my hobby so i have this intricate and neat idea floating around in my head involving a story taking place in lushful island, to deserts, to snowy mountains. and hopefully my own custom maps. the story will be grand i promise you this it will have a awesome story, with a good soundtrack and fantastic gameplay,

i don't want to scare anyone away but i want to use the words Realistic-Call of Duty i know, but the vision for this mod is that cool stuff happening almost all the time around you, yes it will rely heavily on scripts with very, very interesting characters.

I am no professional when it comes to Scripting or coding, so i need alot of help when it comes to the community, post and give me your ideas what you want to be added in the game, and i will do my best to make sure it gets thought about and talked about alot and we might put a little of our own tweaking into the game.

Voices, American/British/Russian/chinese

I want good voices, no bad/overacting here good solid deep voices everyone who PM's me or Emails me will be thought hard on, and if the team gives the okay, i will email or Pm you back

mind you there are going to be alot of voicing in this game because there is quite a bit of script, the commands will be re-told from move, to flank or hold fire.

Map Makers/ Modders

I need people who know how to create islands, and who is good at it. *panthera island maker, i'm looking at you buddy*

i don't want people to get bored being in the same island throughout the whole game with just one single setting i have to have multiple locations like i said

Sandy deserts, Lushful jungle, snowy areas. flooded cites, burnt down cities. alot of thought is going into this.

Webmaker

I need someone who knows how to script and write HTML for websites, we need a domain name, and etc. like i said i don't know much at all about scripting and coding

i want it to be very professional looking but very simple.

Animators

Ahh yes, last but not least Animators we need alot of animators, we need custom animations to impliment into this mod like i said it's a very, grand scale of a mod

you have to be hard working and keep with me on the updates

it'll be great if i can get a Sticky, because this is a community effort, so what i need yall who is interested in doing this PM me, or email me at..

Armawriter@yahoo.com

Remember i am open for ideas, From the team and community.

Edited by ForeverOmega

You are starting a really huge Project there, Well you should already have some good Maps. there are several high Quality Islands out there. Panthere, Isla Duala and namalsk for example and there is tchernarus too ;)

I'm assuming you're talking about making a heavily storied and scripted mission here - or maybe a series of missions = a campaign...?

Sounds like an ambitious project, if a little short on detail right now.

I like the idea of different "chapters" of the story taking place in widely different locations, like scenes in a movie... clever... I don't think that's been done yet, and I think perhaps one major reason why is because I'm not sure if it's possible to save a mission at one point, then load a different island, and continue on from there... Theres awesome islands around which cover a number of different terrains, but I'm pretty sure you'd HAVE to have a custom made island for all the action to take place on, if you want the environments you suggest...

It's perfectly possible to make a map with, say, half a dozen smallish islands clustered around a sea, and have each island utterly different from the next - but it'll probably look a bit strange from the air! :) plus it'd take a while to make... probably considerably longer than the campaign!

B

yea making a completly new island just for your project would take a while. If it is possible to use different island for a single campaign I say go for that.

It could be done even more simply - even on the one island... it just depends on how much you restrict the player via scripting... for the purposes of the mission at least - the player only "sees" those areas he's "allowed", or hopefully, more like "encouraged" to see via the scripting... You could just divide the "island" up into a series of differently dressed "stagesets" and restrict the view between them, one way or another... it doesn't matter what it looks like from the air if you never allow anybody to fly...

All very Call of Duty... but... this is Arma 2 - we have a tendency to wander... :D

B

the only one around remotely close is panthera island, and Quesh-kibrul, i'll prolly go with those.

The main concept behind it, is it is based in chapters the start of the game will take place in either Cheneras or Utes? there's a war going on the RCU (Russian chinease alliance) Invades the island for some unknown reason *story spoiler* and as the American and brits are about to go in a couple of nukes go off, while your still on the carrier everyone quickly gets there shit togeter and goes in full force your in a helicopter something similar to EW, since i want it to use the EW fillter cuz it's badass. your chopper get's shot down, but i'm gonna make it where you can't control it scripted moment.

you and some other guys survive, some more stuff does down in that mission then everything will shift to a new island and taking it back to the russians and a Secret organization that wants to start WW3 is behind it all..

i do want to restrict the player a little, not much i mean i want multiple triggers from diffrent angles to see the scripted moments, but i want them to wander, and explore. but the core basis will be bad ass action, and amazing set peices and story.

see, i mean i have all these ideas and i want to put them out there, i just am not good at ARMA editor or modding, that's why i'm trying to assemble a team.

i just want to create a amazing cinimatic experiance on a professional level for this game, if it takes years, fine but this will be the best campaign ever.

Edited by ForeverOmega

Use Isla Duala. It's as good as Quesh-kibrul but bigger and more detailed/african. Plus the guy that made Panthera made Duala.

I like the idea, so i just hope it does not become to a dangerous & to over done project, either way i wish you luck :)

Any chance of a massive AAV invasion? That would be epic...

This is gonner be one hell of a project mate. If you need any help with the editor or anything give me a bell.

I'm down for helping. I'm a good mission designer, I blow chunks at cut scenes, and I can do some voice acting.

Good, good, i already have a couple of good ideas written down for the levels, the script is almost complete.

For those of you who wish to help me work on this massive project my xfire is Armawriter

Edited by ForeverOmega

After thinking about this a little further I had another wild idea...

About the switching chapters to different islands thing, and presuming we're talking about a campaign here - a series of missions, rather than one big one...

A traditional campaign essentially IS just a series of single missions... in OFP thats basically all it was... in Arma it got a little flashier with "choices" as to what to do next... in between each one you "save" and so actions you did or didn't perform, people who lived or died, etc in the previous mission could have an effect on the outcome of the next.... (major replayability if you get this part just right). Anyway - this "save" bit is where you'd have trouble if you wanted mission/chapter #2 to be on a different island...

One possible idea would be to "lock" mission/chapter #2 with a "passcode", which would only be generated on successful completion of chapter 1... additionally, you could use the same "passcode" - say some generated alphanumeric string - to pass some basic parameters to the next chapter, so if a certain badguy escapes, for example - he's available to appear in chapter 2 - if the player successfully killed him - he won't appear...

You'd need code to generate a parameters string based on the players actions at the end of each chapter, display it for them to write down or something - and other code of some sort to allow them to input the string at the beginning of the next- and set the chapter up accordingly....

(I can just see all the "try mission#4 with passcode AZH$$Zyblahblah - the enemy don't get reinforcements!" posts now) :) - (or you could be mean and scramble the key based on the players name or something :D)

This way you could ensure that players have to play the chapters in order - OK theres a slight fuss actually loading the next mission - and making sure you have all the islands loaded too - but it also has the MASSIVE advantage of you being able to "chapter hop" around some of the already existing excellent islands - you REALLY don't want to get bogged down with a custom island...

It would take some serious coding to pull it off, but I don't see why it couldn't be done...

Just a late night crazy idea I thought I'd throw in the suggestions box ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

If linking missions set in different islands fails, you can just go the blunt but effective way. Release this in several chapters, where every chapter is set in a different scenery. ;)

Granted, it's not as aesthetically pleasing as having one big campaign. And hey, I think that the original OFP Cold War Crisis did the island switching trick several times during the campaign plotline! Better check that out for hints on how it's done :)

Best of luck and if you can crack that nut, please release instructions (Directors notes :D ) for others to use too so will need more story oriented campaigns.

Sounds like a good project mate. I'm a mission editor and am not too bad as a basic scripter, and I would be happy to help. I can also help with the British voice acting. Throw me a PM when you get the chance.

Schancky