Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

(SP)ACE Cutting All Ties

The first Cargo spot is that seat and the squad leader fills it, I believe. It's a BIS thing. It may be possible to script another pilot to occupy that slot before the squad is placed in but that's way past my knowledge level. I'm a novice at scripting. Not even a novice to be frank. ;)

The parachute thing can't be fixed as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that's intentional by the ACE2 devs. I like it but it needs further tweaking on a few things, I'm sure that will come with time. I'm not sure if you've ever parachuted before but it's pretty damn shaky most of the time. When slowing down and approaching earth it should dampen a bit but the devs probably realize that. They way I do it is make sure I'm in first person view and then use free look(with steering) to look around. It's makes it easier. The 3rd person shake is nasty and tough to get a feel for where you are going some times. The 1st person view with free look is pretty damn cool.

and than your knowledge of mission scripting is going way over my head

let that be said;)..

but when i halo in the training part of arma it wasnt that shaky i believe (something i might try again) since thats a long time ago.

for the cargo slot ill try to look for a solution there if i find it ill let u know...

Guys there's a mistake in the most recent version. It seems the HC system is automatically started by lucilk scripts. I'll have to "turn that error back on" until I figure out how to turn it off in his script. I'd just ask him but he never started a thread for this Script Pack, at least I can't find it. I'll have to PM him but he hasn't replied to my last one in a few days so he may be away from his PC.

I'll get it fixed eventually, until then please bare with it and try not to use the HC option(Ctrl+Space). Reinforcements are back on as well. Same deal goes for this as HC.

Sorry.

Therefore:

NEW VERSION v2.0:

See first thread.

When I download and open the "group link 4 special effx" I do not find any "userconfig" in there to place in the userconfig folder?

When I download and open the "group link 4 special effx" I do not find any "userconfig" in there to place in the userconfig folder?

It's in GL4 Settings or something like that. Inside the @GL4 folder.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

it was there when i downloaded it this morning

Changing the c130 to an ospery isn't a problem.

=KCT=BlackMamba,

Not sure what all those links are there for. They don't say much. I've used all that stuff in the mission. Thanks anyways though.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Another update, finally figured out how to fix the HC problem.

NEW VERSION V2.5

Check the first thread.

Edited by Manzilla

no its not changing the c130 to osprey its the other way around.

so u can use the script they used in that bootcamp mission only bis used the osprey to jump out instead of your C130 so maybe u can change that script to use it with your C130??

any way maybe the parachute thing is an "ACE" issue didnt try it with ace in bootcamp

Did you try to DL it again. I just DL'd it and it's there.

Use the first FTP#1. open the @GL4 folder, just above log.txt is a folder titled UserConfig. Take that GL4 folder in there and place it in the userconfig folder in the main A2 directory.

EDIT:

And make sure to use the GL4_global.hpp settings I have posted in the first thread. Just copy and paste what I have there if you want. That has the GL4 markers turned off.

Edited by Manzilla

This one i wanna do with some good mates. Thank you Manzilla for sharing. Your super at mission making bud. :)

Latest version has JTD dependency :p

Damn it! I'll fix it.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

This one i wanna do with some good mates. Thank you Manzilla for sharing. Your super at mission making bud. :)

Thanks Alex72. Enjoy!

Watch a few of the teammates though. They are burdened with gear. I forgot to change it.

EDIT:

RKSL and JTD fire and smoke dependencies removed.

First post updated but still v2.5b

Edited by Manzilla

Hi Manzilla, i'm having trouble with starting this mission. When it starts to load i get the deleted content messeage "deleted.acex_c_veh_mi24, rksl_radarsys, jtd_fireandsmoke"

I'am using all the required addons, which i got from Armaholic.com. Would you happen to know why i'm getting this message? Thank you in advance.

Hi Manzilla, i'm having trouble with starting this mission. When it starts to load i get the deleted content messeage "deleted.acex_c_veh_mi24, rksl_radarsys, jtd_fireandsmoke"

I'am using all the required addons, which i got from Armaholic.com. Would you happen to know why i'm getting this message? Thank you in advance.

Look above. DL again from filefront link in first post. I just removed the dependencies and uploaded it again. Still called v2.5 though

Look above. DL again from filefront link in first post. I just removed the dependencies and uploaded it again. Still called v2.5 though

Thanks Manzilla, unfortunately i'm still getting the content error but this time it only says "deleted.acex_c_veh_mi24". Is there a new update for ACE X that i'm not aware of? Cant see one on Armaholic or Armed Assualt info. Maybe the problem is something else?

Must be but I'm not sure what version you are aware of. ;) No one else has mentioned it. Try running updating the ACE stuff. There's been updates galore lately.

Must be but I'm not sure what version you are aware of. ;) No one else has mentioned it. Try running updating the ACE stuff. There's been updates galore lately.

I suppose that means i have to use rsync and six updater suite? No idea how to use it tbh, guess i need to do some reading on it.

Im getting the samething. I think it means we also need JTD Fire/ smoke and that radar mod?

Guys, check my post above. The JTD and RKSL denpendencies have been removed. DL again. I'm not sure what the Mi-24 error is all about. It's part of ACEX so it should be fine. And it's been in every version thus far.

Ducati996,

Sorry bud it's the only way. The new stuff in ACE2(X) is well worth the trouble of learning though.

maj Woody,

Yes it is. I recommend using JTD Smoke and Fire and RKSL Flares/Core with this mission. They are great.

Edited by Manzilla

JTD smoke and fire is a mod I run for every mission now because it opens up the possibility of tactical fire use. :)

JTD smoke and fire is a mod I run for every mission now because it opens up the possibility of tactical fire use. :)

Have you been able to get the mission running? I'm curious what this Mi-24 error is all about. I'm thinking it's just due to an earlier version of ACEX but I'm not sure.

Have you been able to get the mission running? I'm curious what this Mi-24 error is all about. I'm thinking it's just due to an earlier version of ACEX but I'm not sure.

Hey Manzilla, yes i got the mission to run. It was as you suspected, i had an earlier version of ACE X. I updated all ACE's and the CBA using the rsync method and now i have no content deleted error. The ACE X update must have taken care of that Mi-24 error, anyway thanks for all your help. I will now go and enjoy this mission, will let you know what i think.:ok: