Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

(SP)ACE Cutting All Ties

Hey Manzilla, yes i got the mission to run. It was as you suspected, i had an earlier version of ACE X. I updated all ACE's and the CBA using the rsync method and now i have no content deleted error. The ACE X update must have taken care of that Mi-24 error, anyway thanks for all your help. I will now go and enjoy this mission, will let you know what i think.:ok:

Thanks bud, enjoy. I've been playing it this morning and it's a blast. But tough. Make sure you call an ammo drop right away and give a team member a Stinger and maybe some AT gear. Mind the stamina system too.

One thing. Can you guys check the right windows button dialog. I get it to work once but after that it just flashes empty for a second. After a bunch more presses it appears again but then only randomly after that. I'm not sure if it's the mission, ACE2 or just a glitch on my end.

Played again.... a few feedback..

1. HALO still put me like at least 500m from the LZ.

2. HALO always result in some casualties..which is actually quite realistic anyways.

3. might wanna limit the number of ammo and troops drops... I just called in over 300 soldiers (24 drops) down turning the mission into a full scale infantry assault, taking over all objective areas within 30 mins.. not sure if thats how you intend it to be. :) (the markers that can't be turned off in GL4 is a dead give away on where all the areas are)

4. still getting the reinforcement for razor team thing.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Thanks bud, enjoy. I've been playing it this morning and it's a blast. But tough. Make sure you call an ammo drop right away and give a team member a Stinger and maybe some AT gear. Mind the stamina system too.

One thing. Can you guys check the right windows button dialog. I get it to work once but after that it just flashes empty for a second. After a bunch more presses it appears again but then only randomly after that. I'm not sure if it's the mission, ACE2 or just a glitch on my end.

Haven't had much chance to play this mission yet, but from my first impressions its looking good:yay: I had no problem with the HALO jump, can steer with chute pretty close to LZ. Managed to call ammo drop no problem but took me ages to change whole squads gear. Was wondering why we don't have an option to select our own gear at briefing screen? Anyway kinda loaded myself with 75kg worth of gear, not a good idea with the stamina system!

As for the right windows button, well UK keyboards place the windows button on the left! So the interact button doesn't work for us, but i did go into ACE 2 keys and change the key binding from windows key to control key. So now i can use the interact option. Have you tried assigning that key to a different one? That might solve your problem!

Played again.... a few feedback..

1. HALO still put me like at least 500m from the LZ.

2. HALO always result in some casualties..which is actually quite realistic anyways.

3. might wanna limit the number of ammo and troops run... I just put over 300 troops down turning the mission into a full scale infantry assault.. not sure if thats how you intend it to be. :)

4. still getting the reinforcement for razor team thing.

1.) Only 500m? That's not bad. ;)

Is that you or your AI? The AI should land pretty close to the marker but you on the other hand need to steer to it. I can land pretty much on top of it with the right steering.

2.) It does for me too but only if I open the chute too late. Not sure if it's even connected but it seems everytime I open below 200ft a few will die. Before that and all is good. Not sure if that will help.

3.) I plan to do that when I figure out how but I did find it fun calling some in when getting a serious ass whooping.(Which happen to me before I got to the base and I know where the enemy units should be! :))

4.) That's supposed to be there.

Haven't had much chance to play this mission yet, but from my first impressions its looking good:yay: I had no problem with the HALO jump, can steer with chute pretty close to LZ. Managed to call ammo drop no problem but took me ages to change whole squads gear. Was wondering why we don't have an option to select our own gear at briefing screen? Anyway kinda loaded myself with 75kg worth of gear, not a good idea with the stamina system!

As for the right windows button, well UK keyboards place the windows button on the left! So the interact button doesn't work for us, but i did go into ACE 2 keys and change the key binding from windows key to control key. So now i can use the interact option. Have you tried assigning that key to a different one? That might solve your problem!

Thanks for the words.

I get to about 50kg and then moving really gets difficult. I do enjoy the whole stamina system thing. It really slows down the game and adds a new difficulty.

The interaction seems to be working, I think it got screwed up somehow during a load. It works now that I started over. The one thing that doesn't work for me is the clip check/shake. The animation plays but the words don't appear anymore. Even when I start the mission over or try in the Editor.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The magazine weight words play but are VERY slow... probably about 5 seconds after the shaking animations complete.

Another thing about the stamina system is this... I loaded with about 80kg and could barely run 50m before collasping. Then I removed almost everything and went down to 14kg and then rested for over 5 mins until there is no blinking or heart beat or panting and then started running again and strangely, after about 50m, I collasped again! The stamina system appears not to be have registered my new weight.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I always open my chute at about 50 to 80m. Never above 100m. That's the true spirit of HALO.. High Altitude LOW opening. Yeah, my guys die as a result and I find myself opening my chute more than 500m from the LZ always...sigh... my guys are pretty much all on target.

The magazine weight words play but are VERY slow... probably about 5 seconds after the shaking animations complete.

Another thing about the stamina system is this... I loaded with about 80kg and could barely run 50m before collasping. Then I removed almost everything and went down to 14kg and then rested for over 5 mins until there is no blinking or heart beat or panting and then started running again and strangely, after about 50m, I collasped again! The stamina system appears not to be have registered my new weight.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I always open my chute at about 50 to 80m. Never above 100m. That's the true spirit of HALO.. High Altitude LOW opening. Yeah, my guys die as a result and I find myself opening my chute more than 500m from the LZ always...sigh... my guys are pretty much all on target.

Mine wont show at all but I'll check again.

I have had a few weird things with the Stamina like that before but it seems to happen only very randomly. I've had it happen in other missions as well. I think I just popped of the pack and put it back on or reloaded, but I've had it come and go for sure.

Oh damn forgot about checking the clip, what was the key again?

P.s. Is Zeus Ai or GL4 Ai combatable? HAve you tried any of these Ai mods?

Edited by Ducati996

Oh damn forgot about checking the clip, what was the key again?

P.s. Is Zeus Ai or GL4 Ai combatable? HAve you tried any of these Ai mods?

Checking the clip is the sit/salute key. Mine is set to a different key so it will be different for me.

Haha, this uses GL4, of course. Zeus, it better be. I always use it. I think that's why I'm getting whipped.

jasonnoguchi,

Normally you can deploy that low but the problem becomes the hills. If the AI are anywhere near them and you open at 100m, they may already be past the 100m.(Especially above hills). They may fall a bit faster then you and if they open when you do, the closer you are the more likely an AI splat!

Edited by Manzilla

My bad its the same key as it was for first ACE and Armed Assault. Sorry i thought GL4 FX and GL4 Ai were different.

My bad its the same key as it was for first ACE and Armed Assault. Sorry i thought GL4 FX and GL4 Ai were different.

I believe it's just the full version, which is required. He added in the effects in the last few updates.

I believe it's just the full version, which is required. He added in the effects in the last few updates.

Ok then shouldn't i be getting a user interface at begining of mission to set up the Ai?

Ok then shouldn't i be getting a user interface at begining of mission to set up the Ai?

For GL4? I didn't know that was possible. Is that something that can be enabled? Some missions(Guerilla War) have a dialog at the beginning to select some AI stuff but that's something extra they did, I think.

And for selecting gear load-outs at the beginning, it can be done. I just don't know how yet.(After making missions for OFP, A1 and A2 I still never figure out how.

For GL4? I didn't know that was possible. Is that something that can be enabled? Some missions(Guerilla War) have a dialog at the beginning to select some AI stuff but that's something extra they did, I think.

And for selecting gear load-outs at the beginning, it can be done. I just don't know how yet.(After making missions for OFP, A1 and A2 I still never figure out how.

Maybe your not suppose to get a user interface, i only asked because on the original Arma the GL mod at start of any mission would let you set up the enemy and friendly Ai. With things like aggression or if they can call in arty strike or not etc..

Not to worry, i guess its working correctly :)

Maybe your not suppose to get a user interface, i only asked because on the original Arma the GL mod at start of any mission would let you set up the enemy and friendly Ai. With things like aggression or if they can call in arty strike or not etc..

Not to worry, i guess its working correctly :)

I'm sure it's something that can be added. I'll have to look into it though. It may be helpful to some.

@Manzilla, try the mag check again with your default SIT button (not salute). I experienced the problem where if I remap that button, the message won't show up.

@Manzilla, try the mag check again with your default SIT button (not salute). I experienced the problem where if I remap that button, the message won't show up.

It works now. Strange stuff.

Hi Manzilla, I cant seem to get a hold of the RKSL Flares addon, the site seems to be down. It still seems to be a requirement to play this mission. I did do an update but still I get the error.

oops forget that I found it on Armaholic! cant wait to try this out tonite

Edited by maj_woody

Hey Manzilla really enjoyed the mission. Loved the Island you set the mission on, had some great firefights in the forest areas. Liked the fact you have an option to take out or ignore the AA site. As i said before the only thing i would recommend is having the ability to choose the gear loadout at begining of mission.

Something strange did happen though, but i believe it's a bug with ACE2 rather than your mission. I was using a sniper rifle to take out the fixed machine gun positions. When i deployed the tripod ( shift+space) and took a shot, a message flashed up saying i'm bleeding! Subsequent shots showed a bloody image on my scope and a bleeding message flashing. Now i tried the same thing without deploying the tripod and nothing like that happened. I took out the 3 guys and carried on moving with my team.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem/bug?

Hey Manzilla really enjoyed the mission. Loved the Island you set the mission on, had some great firefights in the forest areas. Liked the fact you have an option to take out or ignore the AA site. As i said before the only thing i would recommend is having the ability to choose the gear loadout at begining of mission.

Something strange did happen though, but i believe it's a bug with ACE2 rather than your mission. I was using a sniper rifle to take out the fixed machine gun positions. When i deployed the tripod ( shift+space) and took a shot, a message flashed up saying i'm bleeding! Subsequent shots showed a bloody image on my scope and a bleeding message flashing. Now i tried the same thing without deploying the tripod and nothing like that happened. I took out the 3 guys and carried on moving with my team.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem/bug?

Thanks bud, I'm trying to learn the weapon selections thing.

I've had this problem but too. I deployed the bipod on a rock then accidentally hit prone and when I hit the ground I clipped the rock and got injured. It's only happened once though but it was the same thing. No enemy, I hurt myself.

I just chalked it up to a random ACE2 glitch. It hasn't happen since.

@Ducati, I have the same "problem" (suspect its a feature) but because I run both ACE and GL4 at all times, I am not sure where that splatter of blood came from. Only happens in prone and when weapon is on auto. Didn't look serious as it didn't really do any harm. In fact, you could use the default first aid menu option and get rid of the effects, which makes me think it might be GL4. It doesn't happen all the time either. In fact, I just rattled off a full clip of M249 prone without getting it a min ago. Are you running GL4 too?

UPDATE :

This is very interesting indeed.... this phenomena seems to occur only when I use any MGs with comp2 red dot sight and bipods like the mk48 and the para. And it hurts only when bipods are deployed. Were you using Mk48 or para too?

Update 2:

Ok, tried with only ACE and not GL4, the bleeding (which could kill you if you ignored it) didn't occur again. It is definitely a GL4 thing. Will reflect in the GL4 thread.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I was using an M4 RCO I believe but it was definitely with the bipod deployed and going to prone. I thought for some reason the rock I clipped was the cause but either way.

Haha, he better have GL4 running or the mission wouldn't work. ;) I have the GL4 blood FX turned off in my case.

@Ducati, I have the same "problem" (suspect its a feature) but because I run both ACE and GL4 at all times, I am not sure where that splatter of blood came from. Only happens in prone and when weapon is on auto. Didn't look serious as it didn't really do any harm. In fact, you could use the default first aid menu option and get rid of the effects, which makes me think it might be GL4. It doesn't happen all the time either. In fact, I just rattled off a full clip of M249 prone without getting it a min ago. Are you running GL4 too?

UPDATE :

This is very interesting indeed.... this phenomena seems to occur only when I use any MGs with comp2 red dot sight and bipods like the mk48 and the para. And it hurts only when bipods are deployed. Were you using Mk48 or para too?

Update 2:

Ok, tried with only ACE and not GL4, the bleeding (which could kill you if you ignored it) didn't occur again. It is definitely a GL4 thing. Will reflect in the GL4 thread.

Hey I'am running both ACE and GL4. I was using a sniper rifle, forget which one (M107 i think). It only happened while i was prone and using the bipod, but then i tried the same thing without using the bipod, just prone and i didnt have a problem. Also when i used the bipod while i was crouched behind some rocks (weapon rest), it was fine.

It does look like a GL4 problem, because i dont remember this happening while i used ACE alone. As for the blood splatter, looks like there are some issues with GL4's blood fx.

@Ducati, I reported my detailed findings in the GL4 thread. :) Yes, its a GL4 problem with ACE2 bipods when prone.

Hey thanks for this mission! I can't play it though, because I keep passing out after 20 meters. This never happened in any other mission. Is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance.