Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

Yeah its strange because I had no problem before the last update. I have the game logic (location) synchronised with the module. I will keep playing around and let you know if I get it to work, thanks

Yeah its strange because I had no problem before the last update. I have the game logic (location) synchronised with the module. I will keep playing around and let you know if I get it to work, thanks

Sometimes if I initially place the logic unit too near the module, it becomes grouped with it. I know the "group" lines and the "synchronise" lines are different colours, but just make sure that's not the problem :)

Just covering all bases ;)

I just downloaded this module and tried it but it isnt working?!?!

I synced the module to the player, but nothing shows up in my radio nor do I have a "call in medevac" in my action menu?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

BTW I am using this with ACE2, is it not ace compatible?

I just downloaded this module and tried it but it isnt working?!?!

I synced the module to the player, but nothing shows up in my radio nor do I have a "call in medevac" in my action menu?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

BTW I am using this with ACE2, is it not ace compatible?

I use it with ACE too and it works fine. Make sure the module is synchronised and not grouped ;)

If you continue to have problems, post again and I'll upload a simple test mission for you to try out. If it works for me but not you, then yes there will be a problem :)

Sometimes if I initially place the logic unit too near the module, it becomes grouped with it. I know the "group" lines and the "synchronise" lines are different colours, but just make sure that's not the problem :)

Just covering all bases ;)

Hi, Thanks yeah I was aware of that because it did group them and I had to ungroup.

The mission was left the way it was before I updated the medevac module but after the update and I went back to the editor, it does not seem to work properly and the heli is not visible?

Just tried and the medevac does not even arrive. This is frustrating because it was working perfect before without any problems and the mission is exactly the same.

Edited by LockJaw-65-

Hi, Thanks yeah I was aware of that because it did group them and I had to ungroup.

The mission was left the way it was before I updated the medevac module but after the update and I went back to the editor, it does not seem to work properly and the heli is not visible?

Just tried and the medevac does not even arrive. This is frustrating because it was working perfect before without any problems and the mission is exactly the same.

Hmm OK. The only thing I can suggest at this stage would be to run vanilla ArmA2 and try it again, just in case there is a vehicle or unit conflict that might be causing you a problem.

Also, check your .rpt file & see if anything is logged there.

Thanks DMarkwick, will try that now...

Just tried opening the editor, new map. Placed a unit as player, put in medevac module and logic for location. Previewed it and guess what!! it worked perfect. loaded my map up in the editor still problems ???

Edited by LockJaw-65-

No your right, something is not right within the mission. I got all the ideas now so I will start from scratch. thanks :-)

goliath86, did I insult you or something? :confused:

Anyway...

The newest version does not work for me either unless I put in a Game Logic.

Also, did anyone look over what I posted on page 7. I answered a couple of people's questions. For instance, the code has door gunners, and the soldiers rarely die on exit. Well, the third man out. And, the chopper can be forced to land under fire.

Please, could someone send me the latest 2 versions extracted. I DL'ed Arma Tools from Armaholic, but some weird things happened. It would not extract the pbo data, it attached its self to my IE, Win Explorer, and I could not even open system restore from the desktop. I had to do a restore from Safe Mode. (No, my comp is virus free, and I am very savy about that stuff. And, I am not saying anything bad about Arma Tools or Armaholic. Just one of those weird things that happens sometimes in Windows, I guess.)

TIA

If no one has the latest 2 versions, then the last will be fine. A PM with the codes would be good. - Also, from the page 7 code, the side chat is more accurate in regards to mil com. Thought some people might want that (and I thought that is what goliath86 wanted).

Edited by CyOp

goliath86, did I insult you or something? :confused:

Why you ask me if you have insult me? :confused:

BTW I've updated the module. I've corrected the bug of the non initialization when there isn't the Game Logic; now the chopper is forced to land even if under fire and I've corrected the bug of the mounting man of the player's group.

...and the soldiers rarely die on exit...

What does it mean? I have not men who die on exit, even if the helo land on a hill. Can you detail explain me, please? ;)

BTW thank you all for your effort to make this addon better and better :bounce3:

New Update

Changelog (v0.48):

- Fixed: when player's units mount the Medevac chopper then the corpsman and the gunners won't remount the chopper (thanks DMarwick!)

- Fixed: problem with synchronization without the Game Logic (thanks CyOp!)

- Improved: now helo, even under fire, will land correctly (thanks CyOp!)

Edited by goliath86

What about an external config or syntax (array or something) for setting up different helo and crew type - eg. I'm making Afghan mission with US Army units - and Navy bird with Marines doesn't look good coming to help Army guys. I can edit the addon to have HH-60G with USAF medic crew, but this needs to be done every time I have idea for a new mission. And - people playing the mission will see default helo and units...

yeah max has a good point there, would love to see a regular 60 instead of the navy bird...

;1552521']What about an external config or syntax (array or something) for setting up different helo and crew type - eg. I'm making Afghan mission with US Army units - and Navy bird with Marines doesn't look good coming to help Army guys. I can edit the addon to have HH-60G with USAF medic crew' date=' but this needs to be done every time I have idea for a new mission. And - people playing the mission will see default helo and units...[/quote']

Good idea Max255! When I will sure that non bug still presents in the module I will try to add this config parameter ;)

Hmm yeah a UH-60 by default would be very nice :)

As an extra observation Goliath:

The new RTB your own squad members fix is working generally very well, thanks for the fix :) however, when the units disembark at the logic unit location, they start to run all the way back again :D (except for one). I'm wondering if we cannot come up with a nice logical solution to the whole RTB squad members thing.

Here's a few ideas for you to consider:

1. Remove units from squad upon helo disembark.

2. Make units Stop upon disembark.

3. Leave units on helo.

4. Make units disembark, heal them, resupply them, and load them on another UH-60 for a possible extension of the addon's functionality :)

5. Add the units to the helo's gunner team, to provide extra security.

Or something :)

Edited by DMarkwick

I have an issue... In my mission the helo base is in FOB, few minutes after start there is small Taliban attack (8 guys). When they come closer the medic and security guys jumps out of helo, the helo takes off, hover few momets in air above the "base", then fly towards enemy, smash them out with miniguns (I'm using HH-60G), return back to the "base" and hovers there all time. Only solution is to call MEDEVAC and abort it right away. Then crew mounts the chopper and it lands at "base"... Any chance to fix this?

EDIT: And BTW - plz add 2nd gunner to chopper... Again i can do it myself but... U know the rest...

Edited by Max255[PL]

goliath, everything worked perfect, thank you very very much. keep me posted on reinsert pleae ;)

I have placed the Medevac module, synchronized a Object Game logic to Medevac module, synchronized player to Medevac module.

I originally was having a problem that when I called for evac and after helo started engines and the helo radioed for me to throw smoke, it would say the corpsman died and RTB without even taking off. Then I moved the Module and Game Logic to a different location and when I call evac and it tells me to throw smoke, the helo doesnt take off or move????

Hmm yeah a UH-60 by default would be very nice :)

As an extra observation Goliath:

The new RTB your own squad members fix is working generally very well, thanks for the fix however, when the units disembark at the logic unit location, they start to run all the way back again :D (except for one). I'm wondering if we cannot come up with a nice logical solution to the whole RTB squad members thing.

Here's a few ideas for you to consider:

1. Remove units from squad upon helo disembark.

2. Make units Stop upon disembark.

3. Leave units on helo.

4. Make units disembark, heal them, resupply them, and load them on another UH-60 for a possible extension of the addon's functionality :)

5. Add the units to the helo's gunner team, to provide extra security.

Or something :)

Good ideas DMarwick! I will try to do something and see what are the best solution! Thank you very much mate! ;)

;1552892']I have an issue... In my mission the helo base is in FOB' date=' few minutes after start there is small Taliban attack (8 guys). When they come closer the medic and security guys jumps out of helo, the helo takes off, hover few momets in air above the "base", then fly towards enemy, smash them out with miniguns (I'm using HH-60G), return back to the "base" and hovers there all time. Only solution is to call MEDEVAC and abort it right away. Then crew mounts the chopper and it lands at "base"... Any chance to fix this?

EDIT: And BTW - plz add 2nd gunner to chopper... Again i can do it myself but... U know the rest...[/quote']

I understand Max255. I will fix this issue immediately. And no problem for the second gunner to chopper: I add it for sure :cool:

Thank you very much mate!!

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I have placed the Medevac module, synchronized a Object Game logic to Medevac module, synchronized player to Medevac module.

I originally was having a problem that when I called for evac and after helo started engines and the helo radioed for me to throw smoke, it would say the corpsman died and RTB without even taking off. Then I moved the Module and Game Logic to a different location and when I call evac and it tells me to throw smoke, the helo doesnt take off or move????

It happens maybe because the Game Logic is too close the player so the helo not take off or move and ask the player to throw the smoke. Try to put the Game Logic more distant from the player; the helo should take off and when came approx at 1km from the player it will ask him to throw the grenade.

I keep getting a message that says the heli blew up. I'm using the logic and I've placed it many different places. And if I just use the module the chopper never comes. I've waited 10min in real life. I think something I'm using in my mission is breaking it.

It happens maybe because the Game Logic is too close the player so the helo not take off or move and ask the player to throw the smoke. Try to put the Game Logic more distant from the player; the helo should take off and when came approx at 1km from the player it will ask him to throw the grenade.

I cant test it atm but will when I can.

Also you should also add a unit to sit in the copilot position, so if when you load people they dont go to that position.

yeah a uh 60 crew consists of, pilot, co-pilot, crewchief and doorgunner, for realism purposes that would be nice to see