Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

I cant seem to synchronize the game logic with the medevac module?

It's strange..It works for me..I can synchronize the Game Logic with the module without any problems..

I will try again, wonder if im doing the game logic properly, i will look now

lol its ok I got it working, I had put in a trigger game logic instead of an object game logic. Its an age thing!!

Edited by LockJaw-65-

I will try again, wonder if im doing the game logic properly, i will look now

lol its ok I got it working, I had put in a trigger game logic instead of an object game logic. Its an age thing!!

ahahahah...:D on't worry about age's thing :cool:

Looks nice so far, I'm just looking in the files to see if there's a way to add equipment to the spawned medic/corpsman (I use ACE and I like to give my Corpsmen a customised backpack filled with medical gear)

Just tried it and it works a treat, I really like this module many thanks.

I have not tried yet but what happens if the chopper gets shot during game, does it respawn or can we make it respawn :)

Looks nice so far, I'm just looking in the files to see if there's a way to add equipment to the spawned medic/corpsman (I use ACE and I like to give my Corpsmen a customised backpack filled with medical gear)

You're free to add all the things you want ;) It's not an hard script so it's easy to modify/add all what you want :D

game logic works awesome, now heres the only thing its going to need, a reinsertion to the pickup site. the way my mission is going to be set up is, u get shot, got to evac ur buddy on the chopper, respawn at base, then u need a chopper that reinserts you to the same position, possible?

What about the support script, it has transport with it (secop module)

Ok i just tried a guick mission and i purposly damaged the medevac chopper. I went to the crash site and the men joined my group. I repaired the chopper, is there anyway to make them go back to there own group and carry on with being medevac. thanks

Edited by LockJaw-65-

What about the support script, it has transport with it (secop module)

Ok i just tried a guick mission and i purposly damaged the medevac chopper. I went to the crash site and the men joined my group. I repaired the chopper, is there anyway to make them go back to there own group and carry on with being medevac. thanks

Interesting things..I'll try to add this function when the chopper goes down..;)

any updates? any progress? would really love a "reinsert" option :) would be amazing

Hi Thedog! I'm still working on a new updates of the Medevac module to add the 'reinsert' option ;)

oh awesome! ur the best goliath! how is it coming along? do you have an ETA? <3 u XD

oh awesome! ur the best goliath! how is it coming along? do you have an ETA? <3 u XD

:Oo:

I'm worried!! ahahah :D

BTW I think to release it in few days..I need to adjust a little bit the current script but it's finished..

:D

hell yeah! that means ill be finishing my mission soon as you come out with it, im at about 90% wow cant wait. for people interested, i got with norrin and he made his revive script to where a player has to be brought back to base in order to be revived, that plus this takes realism to another level. the player has 10 minutes to get revived or he dies, depending on game difficulty you have more respawns or less for a higher difficulty. cant wait for your release man... gotta have patience

I still get an error message when trying to load a mission that says it can't load cause it's dependable on Medevac. It doesn't matter if the module is being used in the mission or not. As long as it's in an active mod folder it gives me that message.

My apologies, I didn't mean I was getting CTD's in my last post. I was getting a dependable error, I misspoke.

Hi, Manizilla. (Hi, all.)

Would you be more clear? Do you mean when you load a vanilla scenario (that was maybe a save game), or when you use the editor, then save and reload? Give a step by step.

goliath86, I have had an excruciatingly bad week, so I have done nothing else since I last PM'ed you. Also, if you PM'ed me, for some reason, I do not see it.

I never have tried again to get the pbo to extract, so I only have an older version to test and work with, but I will give you what I have. It's been days, so I will go over my files again. I'll post them later.

I still get an error message when trying to load a mission that says it can't load cause it's dependable on Medevac. It doesn't matter if the module is being used in the mission or not. As long as it's in an active mod folder it gives me that message.

My apologies, I didn't mean I was getting CTD's in my last post. I was getting a dependable error, I misspoke.

Hi Manzilla! I will test the module more and more to find this strange error..for now I don't have any error message..I will test ;)

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Would you be more clear? Do you mean when you load a vanilla scenario (that was maybe a save game), or when you use the editor, then save and reload? Give a step by step.

goliath86, I have had an excruciatingly bad week, so I have done nothing else since I last PM'ed you. Also, if you PM'ed me, for some reason, I do not see it.

I never have tried again to get the pbo to extract, so I only have an older version to test and work with, but I will give you what I have. It's been days, so I will go over my files again. I'll post them later.

Hi CyOp!

I have PM'ed you few days ago. If you have not received any messages then I will re-PM you :D

hey goliath, i been messing with adding sounds to your script, havent been quite succesfull, do you know anything about how i would do that? ill keep messing around if not ;) i can send u an audio file btw if u wanna listen in ;)

I really can't be more clear than that. It happens whenever I try to load a saved game. Doesn't matter if it's a vanilla scenario or one of my own missions. If I hit save while playing then try to load, a fresh load or a load while playing(revert), after about 2 seconds an error pops up and says:

Missing addons detected:

medevac

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.medevac

(From the .rpt file as well)

I've tried it with just vanilla A2 and then with ACE2 and it doesn't make a difference. Any time I hit load, whether I actually have the Medevac Module on the map or not, I get this message.

I'm playing SP missions but that's probably obvious.

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

I just played the basic A2 SP missions with just this loaded and the error shows. Try vanilla A2 with the Medevac module in a loaded mod folder, not actually on the map, and play the BIS mission Village Sweep. Hit save then load that save. The error will appear.

Edited by Manzilla

Thank you Manzilla for reporting in. I'll try to reproduce this error. If anyone else has this error then please report to me.

Thank you all guys!

Thank you Manzilla for reporting in. I'll try to reproduce this error. If anyone else has this error then please report to me.

Thank you all guys!

If you can't figure it out you, check the forums. I remember this has happened with other content in the past and the author fixed it fairly easily if I recall. I'll try to remember which mod it was but I remember this before. Even a few times in A1.

Good luck. This is a great module.

Edited by Manzilla

If you can't figure it out you, check the forums. I remember this has happened with other content in the past and the author fixed it fairly easily if I recall. I'll try to remember which mod it was but I remember this before. Even a few times in A1.

Good luck. This is a great module.

Thank you Manzilla!

Thanks for your replies!

I'm still working to eliminate this issue! :)

This is a great module :) I might suggest you post it on the addons forum to gain a larger audience, I only just caught this by wandering in :)

It's a great module. I really like it :) it's simple, clever, useful.

I would make one observation: perhaps the helo should spin up & move toward the player's *rough* position before the red smoke is thrown? Then the player can either make the decision to throw once the helo is in visual, or the pilot can request it. I'm just concerned that if the helo is far away, the red smoke has extinguished if the journey is long. Also, it just seems more logical to have that behavior rather than trigger it on a red smoke throw.

Anyway, just an opinion :) I already like it as it is so no big deal.

Also, is it possible to cancel a medevac? I might get ambushed or the injured unit might die, thus making the medevac either no longer needed or in danger of entering a combat zone.

*edit*

Oops, never mind about the red smoke throw thing, I guess it's already like that :) I think that because I was testing it out on Utes, that the distance was already small enough for the pilot to request the red smoke. My bad.

However, the cancellation option would still be nice.

Edited by DMarkwick

Thanks DMarwick!

I think a cancel option might be very useful and I will add it very soon!

Thank you for your suggestions!! :D

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hy guys! I've corrected the 'missing addons' problem..I've updated the file on the first post!

I'm still adding more features at this script ;)

Changelog (v0.20):

- Fixed: error message 'can't load mission, missing addon medevac' when loading a saved mission (thanks Manzilla for report!)

Thanks DMarwick!

I think a cancel option might be very useful and I will add it very soon!

Thank you for your suggestions!! :D

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hy guys! I've corrected the 'missing addons' problem..I've updated the file on the first post!

I'm still adding more features at this script ;)

Changelog (v0.20):

- Fixed: error message 'can't load mission, missing addon medevac' when loading a saved mission (thanks Manzilla for report!)

Hey bud, good looking out! The fix is much appreciated. This will make a great addition to my missions.

Thanks again!