Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

First off thank you for a great module! Was very pleased to see how it worked. Quality. :)

Suggestion:

I didnt read all posts here so sorry for that, but i have one suggestion wich maybe others already mentioned - louder/higher volume on the voices talking would be sweet. When the helicopter comes closer i cant hear what they say completely (the smoke pop part). And if a battle is going on and you call them it will be hard to hear as well. So cranking the volume up would be nice.

*Medic jump out first from the helicopter and the 2 soldiers last. Should they not jump out first to secure?

*After medevac have RTB i will get no new action to call it again. Is that intentional?

Sorry if all is explained and im just a lazy prick asking the same questions again. And thanks again for a great addon.

First off thank you for a great module! Was very pleased to see how it worked. Quality. :)

Suggestion:

I didnt read all posts here so sorry for that, but i have one suggestion wich maybe others already mentioned - louder/higher volume on the voices talking would be sweet. When the helicopter comes closer i cant hear what they say completely (the smoke pop part). And if a battle is going on and you call them it will be hard to hear as well. So cranking the volume up would be nice.

*Medic jump out first from the helicopter and the 2 soldiers last. Should they not jump out first to secure?

*After medevac have RTB i will get no new action to call it again. Is that intentional?

Sorry if all is explained and im just a lazy prick asking the same questions again. And thanks again for a great addon.

For the sounds volume I will check if it is possible to increase it.

For the gunner first jump out to secure no problems ;)

When the chopper RTB you have to wait about 60 seconds to regain the "Call in medevac" action :)

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I've been testing it in my new SP mission and it works really well. That's quite impressive since I'm using ACE2 and a ton of different scripts. Well done thus far.

Thank you very much Manzilla!! Thank you too!!

When the chopper RTB you have to wait about 60 seconds to regain the "Call in medevac" action

Yes sorry. This was in my head, but from an earlier event... Its working good.

For the gunner first jump out to secure no problems

This i dont know what you mean? I thaught the way it worked was that the gunners should jump out from heli first and then the medic? When i use it the medic go out first and after him the gunners. They should secure first no? Not a biggie since im there securing for them. :)

For the sounds volume I will check if it is possible to increase it.

That would be great. I can even help you with this if you want? I have big webspace (fast internet) and i can fix your samples - raise volume and make sound little nicer. Then i store it in my webspace and you can download it and add it. If you want help ofcourse. :)

Thanks.

Yes sorry. This was in my head, but from an earlier event... Its working good.

This i dont know what you mean? I thaught the way it worked was that the gunners should jump out from heli first and then the medic? When i use it the medic go out first and after him the gunners. They should secure first no? Not a biggie since im there securing for them. :)

That would be great. I can even help you with this if you want? I have big webspace (fast internet) and i can fix your samples - raise volume and make sound little nicer. Then i store it in my webspace and you can download it and add it. If you want help ofcourse. :)

Thanks.

For the medic dismount first, I have changed this so in the next version he will dismount only after the gunners. Thanks for the idea! :D

For the sound sample you have to talk with Thedog88 because they are of he. Talk with him and then let me know ;)

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I have fixed some thing for the next version:

- Now the chopper ask you to throw the smoke before it stops so you have all the time to prepare for launching.

- Now the medic dismount only after the gunners.

- The "We are on the given position. Disembark when ready" sideChat is displayed correctly when the chopper is at low altitude.

In the upcoming version:

- Fixed: now the helo, when you give it the "Reinsert" order don't crash against trees

Did a quick MP test:

Server: dedicated

Mission: customized Domination

Notes: @Medevac is called at the commandline. I also tossed the "userconfig" file onto the server (although I don't think that's needed).

Mission loads and plays normally. Medevac helo is present at spawnpoint (base). Crew is onboard.

Issue: no "Call Medevac" option in action menu

(also tested the same mission pbo in self-hosting LAN and Internet modes and it runs fine, so something is hosed in the "dedicated" environment)

Edited by Thirdup

I'm guessing that some sort of asset-management will be necessary for MP use :) so users cannot all call the medevac at the same time.

BTW Goliath, might it be possible to put the Medevac return action onto the action menu and not the radio trigger? I don't know how ArmA2 handles clashing radio triggers but action menu seems to me to be more consistent behavior within the addon.

Or, perhaps even better, add it into the med unit's action menu so the squad leader can call it using the "6" menu choice. I don't know how to do that though :D

I'm guessing that some sort of asset-management will be necessary for MP use so users cannot all call the medevac at the same time.

Yeah, I was poking about the Domination scripts to see how Xeno handled this (ie: his arti, airlifts, and air taxi scripts). All I did was confuse myself. ;)

I'm guessing that some sort of asset-management will be necessary for MP use :) so users cannot all call the medevac at the same time.

BTW Goliath, might it be possible to put the Medevac return action onto the action menu and not the radio trigger? I don't know how ArmA2 handles clashing radio triggers but action menu seems to me to be more consistent behavior within the addon.

Or, perhaps even better, add it into the med unit's action menu so the squad leader can call it using the "6" menu choice. I don't know how to do that though :D

I can't test the MM in a dedi server :( so I have to give you the MM to

test it, if you can, and then, write to me if it works or not.

Thanks!!

For the return action I can put this in the action menu without problems but not in the med unit because, if he dies, you can't send back to base the medevac's vehicle.

BTW I can add at the module the action to call in the Medevac's vehicle only for transport instead let it disembark the corpsman etc. like CyOp said ;)

I'll be happy to test anything you come up with on our dedicated server, if it will help.

I'll be happy to test anything you come up with on our dedicated server, if it will help.

Thank you very much! Yes, it will help me!!! :D

When you start a mission with the MM in a dedi server, do you get an 'hint' error message saying "ERROR: There must be at least one unit synchronized with the Medevac module"?

Neg. No errors.

The MM helo is sitting on the pad with crew onboard. There simply is no action availible to call it. I'm using a modified Domination with the module sync'ed to each playable slot.

I can put up a simple two-player mission with just two units and the module to test it on a more "basic" environment.

Will advise (have to wait unilt late night when none of my clan are using the server).

Neg. No errors.

The MM helo is sitting on the pad with crew onboard. There simply is no action availible to call it. I'm using a modified Domination with the module sync'ed to each playable slot.

I can put up a simple two-player mission with just two units and the module to test it on a more "basic" environment.

Will advise (have to wait unilt late night when none of my clan are using the server).

Thank you very much Thirdup! For now I have corrected some bugs relative to the respawn. Now I have only to adjust the dedi server thing :)

Thank you for your support!!

OK, tested a few simple missions created with the MM.

One with two "playable slots" sync'ed to the MM. The other with one "player" slot sync'ed to the MM.

I am in fact getting the 'hint' error message saying "ERROR: There must be at least one unit synchronized with the module".

(I wasn't seeing the popup in Domination due to the lenght of the mission intro screen).

The helo is present at it's spawn point and the crews are onboard.

Hope that helps....

OK, tested a few simple missions created with the MM.

One with two "playable slots" sync'ed to the MM. The other with one "player" slot sync'ed to the MM.

I am in fact getting the 'hint' error message saying "ERROR: There must be at least one unit synchronized with the module".

(I wasn't seeing the popup in Domination due to the lenght of the mission intro screen).

The helo is present at it's spawn point and the crews are onboard.

Hope that helps....

Thank you very much Thirdup. Maybe I have understand what is the problem. In a couple of days I will post the new version for testing it in dedi servers ;)

Thank you so much!

I've redownloaded the module & it work fine for Opfor :)

must of been a dodgy download before

Glad to hear that! :D Thank you AndyMcNoob for reporting!!!!! :)

Thx for the newest version!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

MEDEVAC Module [0.995 beta3] by goliath86

Thx for the newest version!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

MEDEVAC Module [0.995 beta3] by goliath86

Thank you Imutep!! :D

is there any way to make a script or addon version evacuation of wounded

instead healing him in mission??

explain

all procedure follow as usual before heli arrived

but medic does not heal wounded

but move with him into heli (using the carrier or dragger animation), and flies away with wounded???

Bumpage for my new favorite mod.

Any word on the latest?

Bumpage for my new favorite mod.

Any word on the latest?

Sorry guys for the long waiting but I'm still busy on real life ;) but do not worry..I will release the new version in form of script, instead of addon, for testing purpose and to make the improvements and bug testing faster ;)

I didn't mean to pester you about it. :)

Great news on the script version! That's actually easier for me to toss around in my various missions to test. My squad-mates also like it when I reduce required mods and use scripts within the mission itself (especially for testing purposes where things change frequently).

I didn't mean to pester you about it. :)

Great news on the script version! That's actually easier for me to toss around in my various missions to test. My squad-mates also like it when I reduce required mods and use scripts within the mission itself (especially for testing purposes where things change frequently).

Glad to hear this!! :D

I've changed some things to make the script more MP compatible but it need some hard testing in a dedi server environment (that I can't unfortunately make :()