Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

When the helo explode it don't respawn anymore. I will look to see if I can make the 'respawn' option ;)

Thanks. For playing on a "persistant" game like Domination, it's really a "must" to have the medevac respawn (it will eventually get nuked by somebody the longer the mission is up).

Another option might simply be setting damage to false for both the helo and pilot.

Again, I realize these type of options may be the exception to the rule. If you have the time to mess with them, perhaps you could point me in the right direction. I'm not a programmer, but I'm following most of what your scripts are doing.

Another option might simply be setting damage to false for both the helo and pilot.

This is very simple to do:

1. Extract the .pbo file

2. Search in the folder "Mia" the script named "unitCreation.sqf"

3. At the end of the file insert these two lines:ù

MM_CHOPPER allowDammage false;
MM_PILOT1 allowDammage false;

3. Recreate the .pbo file and substitute the old one

That's it! ;)

BTW in the next version there will be a "respawn option" :D

Outstanding!

Thanks again!

You're welcome!! :D

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

In few hours the next version (with the permanent "reinsert" option) will be out ;)

For the Medevac respawn you have to wait..I'm still working on :cool:

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

New version updated to 0.995 beta 3:

New Feature:

- Now you can use the Medevac vehicle to be inserted, by simply click on the map, from the beginning of the mission. You can even abort the reinsertion whenever you want.

Changelog v0.995b3:

- Fixed some little bugs

- Added: ability to use the "Reinsert" option form the beginning of the mission when near the chopper

- Added: ability to abort the Reinsertion and RTB

- Changed: now the chopper don't RTB if the corpsman die. In this way you can still use the "Reinsert" option

Edited by goliath86

Love this module, Its good that you even can change what chopper and what kind of soldiers that will appear. Like the recue part when the medivac shoots down, and you have to go find them. makes more reality to the game.

I would se a reinforcement module from you to, You will probebly make a perfect one that is as simpel as this one. =) And so you can config by yourself what units that will reinforcments.

Sorry for bad english, but love this module. =)

Question about the medevac vehicle. I haven't tried it yet, I just got back, but I'm assuming ground vehicles can now be used. If this is the case, is it possible to set up to vehicles for Medevac. I.e. a heli and a ground vehicle. I checked the files in the userconfig/MM folder but it seems to me there's only an option for one vehicle per side. Is this the case?

Thanks for the new version. I'm gonna update my newest mission and add in this version.

Love this module, Its good that you even can change what chopper and what kind of soldiers that will appear. Like the recue part when the medivac shoots down, and you have to go find them. makes more reality to the game.

I would se a reinforcement module from you to, You will probebly make a perfect one that is as simpel as this one. =) And so you can config by yourself what units that will reinforcments.

Sorry for bad english, but love this module. =)

Thank you very much for appreciation Bushidozeb!! For a future module....................we will see ;)

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Question about the medevac vehicle. I haven't tried it yet, I just got back, but I'm assuming ground vehicles can now be used. If this is the case, is it possible to set up to vehicles for Medevac. I.e. a heli and a ground vehicle. I checked the files in the userconfig/MM folder but it seems to me there's only an option for one vehicle per side. Is this the case?

Thanks for the new version. I'm gonna update my newest mission and add in this version.

Is not possible to set two Medevac Vehicles at the moment. Only one (chopper or car or truck or armored etc...) ;)

Edited by goliath86

The medevac module is a great addon since the first versions! Thanks for making the chopper land now very close.

During testing yesterday with beta3, I decided to write about two points.

1. If the player has smoke grenades, I have to fire all smoke until I get to the red one. Is there a work around I don't know or could we have the red smoke separated somehow?

2. Until the red smoke is thrown, the chopper holds high up in the sky. This makes it easy for enemy to fire at it. If I twiddle around with the smoke grenades, the chopper will take a lot of damage. The gunners where dead on arrival. Maybe you could let it fly circles around the player until smoke is ready. Of course this wouldn't work for a car, so theres the need to separate this two options.

The medevac module is a great addon since the first versions! Thanks for making the chopper land now very close.

During testing yesterday with beta3, I decided to write about two points.

1. If the player has smoke grenades, I have to fire all smoke until I get to the red one. Is there a work around I don't know or could we have the red smoke separated somehow?

2. Until the red smoke is thrown, the chopper holds high up in the sky. This makes it easy for enemy to fire at it. If I twiddle around with the smoke grenades, the chopper will take a lot of damage. The gunners where dead on arrival. Maybe you could let it fly circles around the player until smoke is ready. Of course this wouldn't work for a car, so theres the need to separate this two options.

1. No... all you have to do is, use your 'toggle weapons' to select smoke, then 'reload' red smoke, then throw it. Just so you know, whatever smoke you have in your inventory first, with or without the MM, will be thrown. The MM does nothing in regards to what you mention. Load vanilla, and see for yourself.

2. Also, if you already have a red smoke in your inventory, you can select it, and be ready to throw, even before the MM asks you to throw smoke. Just do not throw it before the MM ask for the smoke.

I, for one, have no prob with what you mention. I think you are just darn slow! :p

EDIT:

Fixed: now actions don't appear in the middle of the screen

CyOp personal opinion. (Nothing more than IMHO.)

5. Pertaining to quote above... please, do the same with the reinsert and abort reinsert action notice/option.

6. Delete the forced middle position. Let the AI act 'normally'.

7. For the times a player wants transport only, you could have the module come to him with only the pilot and gunners. And to simplify, instead of insert or reinsert, it could just be an option to transport. TWO things this could do... one, for the transport only option, it would leave available room for 3 more units to be transported... two, the 'Transport' option could be available, just as the 'Call in Medevac' option is. When a player opens his menu/radio he could choose either one.

Bug/s:

6. AI chopper gunners are still attacking static defenses, without engaging infantry. With no enemy static defense, same thing.

7. AI soldiers that disembark are not engaging enemy properly.

8. Pilot sideChat will tell player to dismount when unsafe, meaning, when the chopper is still at too high an altitude.

9. Call in Medevac, arrives, choose reinsert, player mounts, then orders squad/Corpsman to mount, sometimes, mouse click on map to reinsert no longer available. (I am going to test that further.)

10. Chopper will still take off and crash into trees. It needs to gain altitude before moving to next waypoint.

Note/s:

F. As you have done with the 'Call in Medevac' and the red smoke, are you doing the same with the reinsert position, to get the chopper to land at its insertion point more precisely? (Without looking at the code, I do not think you are.) Anyway, the chopper will sometimes try and land in trees.

G. In regards to bugs 6 and 7, the pilot, gunners, and soldiers should always be in separate groups. This way, you will have better control over their condition. For instance, AI soldiers that dismount will engage enemy properly because they will not be set on the same (SAFE) waypoint behavior as the pilot.

H. In regards to Blaunarwal's #2 above, goliath, you could request the smoke to be thrown a little sooner, before the chopper is actually scripted to wait for the smoke, to give the player a few more seconds to select. (You know, for the slow ones. ;) )

Edited by CyOp

1. No... all you have to do is, use your 'toggle weapons' to select smoke, then 'reload' red smoke, then throw it. Just so you know, whatever smoke you have in your inventory first, with or without the MM, will be thrown. The MM does nothing in regards to what you mention. Load vanilla, and see for yourself.

2. Also, if you already have a red smoke in your inventory, you can select it, and be ready to throw, even before the MM asks you to throw smoke. Just do not throw it before the MM ask for the smoke.

I, for one, have no prob with what you mention. I think you are just darn slow! :p

EDIT:

CyOp personal opinion. (Nothing more than IMHO.)

5. Pertaining to quote above... please, do the same with the reinsert and abort reinsert action notice/option.

6. Delete the forced middle position. Let the AI act 'normally'.

Bug/s:

6. AI chopper gunners are still attacking static defenses, without engaging infantry. With no enemy static defense, same thing.

7. AI soldiers that disembark are not engaging enemy properly.

8. Pilot sideChat will tell player to dismount when unsafe, meaning, when the chopper is still at too high an altitude.

9. Call in Medevac, arrives, choose reinsert, player mounts, then orders squad/Corpsman to mount, sometimes, mouse click on map to reinsert no longer available. (I am going to test that further.)

10. Chopper will still take off and crash into trees. It needs to gain altitude before moving to next waypoint.

Note/s:

F. As you have done with the 'Call in Medevac' and the red smoke, are you doing the same with the reinsert position, to get the chopper to land at its insertion point more precisely? (Without looking at the code, I do not think you are.) Anyway, the chopper will sometimes try and land in trees.

G. In regards to bugs 6 and 7, the pilot, gunners, and soldiers should always be in separate groups. This way, you will have better control over their condition. For instance, AI soldiers that dismount will engage enemy properly because they will not be set on the same (SAFE) waypoint behavior as the pilot.

H. In regards to Blaunarwal's #2 above, goliath, you could request the smoke to be thrown a little sooner, before the chopper is actually scripted to wait for the smoke, to give the player a few more seconds to select. (You know, for the slow ones. ;) )

to note 5 and 6: no problem for these ;)

6. Gunner of the chopper are in a separate group (not with the pilot) and set RED as combat mode and "COMBAT" as behaviour but they don't always shoot to enemies. It depends on chopper's inclination/direction.

7. Ai soldiers that disembark are set "COMBAT" as behaviour and in a separate group (not in the same group of the pilot).

8. This will be fixed in the next version ;)

9. You have to wait all the units to mount the chopper before you can select a reinsert point.

10. Odd behaviour of ArmA 2's AI flying path. I Have set to gain 100m of altitude before move to next waypoint but sometimes it will crash into trees. I will try to do something ;)

F. I have set the chopper to precisely landing where you point on the map, so if you select a point with trees the chopper try to lands in that precise point (above the trees). If I don't set a precise landing it sometimes land far away from the point you have clicked.

Ooops, goliath, I just edited.

goliath, many times i will click on a road that seems like it has enough room for the chopper to set down, but it will go off the road and try and land in trees. Heh. I know that the original ArmA 2 code can be a little strange, so yes, a player will have to be careful where he clicks.

Edited by CyOp

Ooops, goliath, I just edited.

I've answered to all your questions CyOp in the previous post ;)

Thanks again!!

Are all your waypoints set for just the pilot group?

I guess I am going to have to extract the pbo.

the flying path is calculated only for the PILOT. It is set to SAFE and the gunners to COMBAT and RED

Edited by goliath86

the flying path is calculated only for the PILOT (gunners). It is set to SAFE and the gunners to COMBAT and RED

Does that mean waypoints for pilot AND gunners?

EDIT: OK, I got your edit.

Edited by CyOp

Does that mean waypoints for pilot AND gunners?

No no. My mistake. Only for pilot :D

1. No... all you have to do is, use your 'toggle weapons' to select smoke, then 'reload' red smoke, then throw it.

Just an idiots :j: question: How do I reload red smoke if I have 2 white smoke in the inventory and get a red one when I call the medevac.

Maybe I get faster with the right commands. :bounce3:

I just used the word 'reload' 'cus that is what the menu says. (You do know I was just kidding you, right?)

Whatever key you have set for toggle weapons, select smoke, then with your scroll wheel, or whatever key you have for select (I think), choose the red smoke with action key. Then it will be ready to throw.

I just used the word 'reload' 'cus that is what the menu says. (You do know I was just kidding you, right?)

Whatever key you have set for toggle weapons, select smoke, then with your scroll wheel, or whatever key you have for select (I think), choose the red smoke with action key. Then it will be ready to throw.

Right CyOp. To throw a smoke grenade of a certain colour you need to scroll your action menù (when you have selected 'Smoke grenade' with the selection fire key) and select "Reload Red Smoke"..

Sure I know you're kidding. But really, I haven't known a method to select between different smoke grenades. I just use f key to toggle and of course mouseweel to change between different guns. I will test this evening. I'm still at work right now.:rolleyes:

not sure if im missing somthing but the module dosnt apear to work for opfor.

i have the action menu entry & the chopper spawns. it just wont come to get me when i call for it :(

(however i can use it just fine for bluefor)

not sure if im missing somthing but the module dosnt apear to work for opfor.

i have the action menu entry & the chopper spawns. it just wont come to get me when i call for it :(

(however i can use it just fine for bluefor)

Thanks for report Andy..I will test it for sure ;)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I've tested the Module (few minutes ago) with blufor, opfor, independent and civilian and it works for me..

Anyone have this kind of problem?

Continuing test..

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Have anyone of you guys tested the module in MP? I want to port it to be fully MP compatible but I need help on MP testing :)

Have anyone of you guys tested the module in MP? I want to port it to be fully MP compatible but I need help on MP testing

Tests on self-hosted MP worked just fine. I'm loading MM up on our dedicated server tonight as part of a modified Domination mission.

Will report back.

Tests on self-hosted MP worked just fine. I'm loading MM up on our dedicated server tonight as part of a modified Domination mission.

Will report back.

One user have PM me saying that on dedi server the MM don't works. I need some more report on this to make it fully MP compatible.

Thanks thirdup!!:D

I've been testing it in my new SP mission and it works really well. That's quite impressive since I'm using ACE2 and a ton of different scripts. Well done thus far.