Sign in to follow this  
therev709

SP - Operation Cold Harvest

Yes, disabling the stamina system DEFINITELY helps in your mission due to the extremely long distance that has to be covered on foot. :) By the way, real SF travel such distances on foot too so its actually quite realistic. I actually enjoyed the long walk especially with trackir on, its just frustrating to have to do it all over again...hahahah...I shall wait for further fixes before restarting..hehehe

Heres some help for you to expedite things:

There is only a two man sniper team in between the start location and the first objective (safe house) thats too the west. After that obj is a different story . . . but once you take out the sniper team you can move all the way to the second obj without issue. But once you get there watch your back ;)

Do I have to load the mods in any particular order for it to work?

Nope, just be sure to install ACE, ACEX, and CBA using the Six updater (installation instructions on their website), and be sure to properly use mod folders, and I would recommend Arma Launcher.

@USRanger,

yeah, the 2 men team wasn't much of a trouble. During the recon phase of my ingress to the first objective area, I conveniently took out all the baddies in the smaller house using my TAC50-SD and then cleared the barns house with a flashbang and a full auto spray. :)

updated with a hotfix:

0.9.2b | 13 Jan 2010

-Fixed third objective (again)

-Fixed armed civilian police auto targeting

-Fixed ACE2 No Stamina

-Fixed ACE2 Laser Designator

-Added Intro Sequence

Operation Cold Harvest 0.9.2b

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Btw, I still need some voice actors!!! Just a few paragraphs of dialogue, last thing I want to add to this mission before I call it complete :) Otherwise I think it sounds terrible with me doing two voices.

An intro??? NICE! :) Now I'm motivated to start all over! Downloading now!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Thats are really too many Downloads for one Mission.....

EDIT: Could you remove the RH Addons? ACE alöready has many high quality Weapons, so I think the RH M16/M4 Replacement; Pistol Pack; RH MGS wp Pack; MGS PMC by ardvarkdb aren´t really needed

Edited by Tonci87

@Tonci87, seriously, its worth it. :) USRanger delivered a truly sincere piece of work that plays and feels different from just a generic editor made mission (the kind that I am capable of...sigh.. :( ) :)

Thats are really too many Downloads for one Mission.....

EDIT: Could you remove the RH Addons? ACE alöready has many high quality Weapons, so I think the RH M16/M4 Replacement; Pistol Pack; RH MGS wp Pack; MGS PMC by ardvarkdb aren´t really needed

I'm planning on reducing a few of the addons, along with a few minor gameplay updates. The past few days I've just been hellbent on fixing the major bugs that kept you from completing the mission. Classes just started this week and I just got a new job so non hi-priority issues will have to wait, plus I'm wanting to get started on my next mission :)

I'll be keeping the RH M4/16 weapon packs however because they're a requirement for the HK416. Once ACE releases their HK416 pack I'll probably cut back on RH's addons. The RH pistol pack will stay though, I'm just a huge fan of his Kimber 1911 ;)

replayed the new release and somehow, my ruck sack refused to pack. The pack and unpack buttons are just greyed out... do you have that problem on your side?

Yeah, I just noticed that problem this morning when I tested it again. I was able to unpack inventory from the ruck but unable to pack anything.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

if you empty out some inventory by using something like a mag or smoke, then save, you can then unpack your ruck inventory. However, if you click on an object in ur useable inventory the options will grey out again.

We talked about this on A.C.E thread, but as soon as the mission is updated with stamina on , ill give it a go .

Btw Binkowski is a nub :P

the ruck bug is linked to no stamina being true. sadly, I will re enable stamina until this issue is resolved considering its pretty important you have access to all that ammo in the rucks ;)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

You guys got your wish: less addons and stamina re enabled.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9127

0.9.3b | 13 Jan 2010

-Removed the requirements for some addons

-Tweaked enemy patrol propbabilities

-Re enabled stamina to prevent ruck bugs

-Fixed spelling errors in briefing

-Fixed some Intro sequence stuff

Edited by TheRev709

HI,

i cant play this mission :(

when i launch it i got this first error's message:

"mission\_ _cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/Intro/Groups/Item2/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicule class EWinter_OPFOR5 no longer exists "

and if i skip the intro i have this one:

"mission\_ _cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/Intro/Groups/Item2/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicule class EWinter_SOF_AT no longer exists "

any ideas?

Thx

HI,

i cant play this mission :(

when i launch it i got this first error's message:

"mission\_ _cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/Intro/Groups/Item2/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicule class EWinter_OPFOR5 no longer exists "

and if i skip the intro i have this one:

"mission\_ _cur_sp.panthera2\mission.sqm/Intro/Groups/Item2/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicule class EWinter_SOF_AT no longer exists "

any ideas?

Thx

did you download and install all of the required addons?

Replayed this mission today and this time with GL4 and OMG, its a BULLET CRUNCHER!!!! After getting the second evidence, I had to come back to that barn where there are bullets to be gotten to rearm halfway to the next objective as there are enemies on almost every peak! hahahahhaa! Now, I am back at the barn, loaded all ruck sacks with ammo, which took quite a while and on my way again!

@jasonnoguchi since you are also using GL4, might i suggest you tweak some settings a little.

Enemy reinforcements:

Distance 250 (default is 50000 which makes literally the whole map advance to your position once the fighting starts setting 250, only calls for help in an area of 250m around the action.)

Courage 0.4 ( default is 0.3. Makes them a little less like to call reinforcements. In default, all you have to do is fart close to an enemy, and he will call reinforcements. setting this a tad higher, makes them only call reinforcements when actually outgunned.

Further i would disable the marker debug, and array debug all in global.sqf.

Tell me if this work's out for ya.

The mission is great, will test the newest version tonite.

Interesting setting, and nice idea with the color filters.. subtle and not overdone.

Thanx and keep it up :-)

Hehehe, I always play missions with reinforcements turned off. There's really no point setting it to anything below 600m because if you are using an unsurpressed rifle, enemies will hear your gun shots and then advance to your position anyways. That's covered under the enemies AI advancing function of GL4, that's why I don't bother with reinforcements so far. :)

did you download and install all of the required addons?

Yes i have all of them... But i will check versions, who knows...

Tried the mission but it said its missing a island panthera file. Strange thing is i double double checked everything and i,ve done many missions on panthera. I updated to be sure but it was not nessecairy. Checked the mod folder and everything is there.

what file does it say you're missing?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

Hey, love your mission by the way, no wonder it has the realistic feel to it in terms of mission design and the miles that we are made to walk through! hahahahaha!

I was also just a little sick of my inability to drive in this game lol, plus I had Operation Anaconda in mind, along with that movie Shooter as I was designing the mission. I still need to find the author again but that script i grabbed for the winter effects really set the whole tone of the mission. If you turn that script off the whole mission just doesnt feel the same. I'm playing around with ppeffects now to see what I can do for my next one.

anyways expect to see the new ACEX SF GMV ;)

awaiting! :) now that you have scripting and mission making more or less in hand, you could start working on really character building those guys, you know, in terms of giving them more personality or perhaps some background etc. :)

awaiting! :) now that you have scripting and mission making more or less in hand, you could start working on really character building those guys, you know, in terms of giving them more personality or perhaps some background etc. :)

Thats the plan! . . . . . I just need voice actors

I've been there but still have had no luck in recruiting people for my projects :(

I'm hoping once I get more missions out there and (hopefully) gain more notoriety I'll have better luck.

@USRanger, hey man, as a last resort and if you don't mind a not so attractive voice, I am willing to help. :) Just pm me on how to do it.