Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

community awards 2009?

Sorry to say this but im a little disappointed in the turnout for the awards thingy.. I nominated a bunch of mods apart from mine of course and yet none of these didnt make the final voting it seems? I know for a fact that many of my friends voted for my mod and also voted for others too yet none of these made it for selection for example no JTD mod which i voted for myself, no warfx mod (my mod) which i know friends voted for and no villas, vopsound or slx and many others...

I dont mean to sound offence to those who did get through but you got one of the biggest mods up "ACE" against smaller projects again no offence to them, who imo have little chance of winning against a big mod like ACE unless theres some sorta rigging going on.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Mods like ACE and SLX, etc. should have deserved a own Categorie like "Full Conversion Mods" , while all "smaller ones" could be packed into a categorie like "Mods and Addons"....

Just my Opinion.

I know that the community submits the nominees, and BI has the final say in the people up for Community Awards, but I have to say... I'm kind of shocked that Project '85 by vilas' didn't make the final vote... There were a few addons that are up for vote that offer far less content, and quality of content than Project '85. I know that's just my opinion and other people probably feel different, but you have to admit that there are a few addons up for vote that are a little less deserving than Project '85... not that those addons are bad (they're all quite good actually), but they certainly can't match the scope and amount effort/work put into P '85. To be honest, there should really should have been a "Large Addon/Total Conversion" category, and a "Small/Individual Addon" category for voting. That would have helped satisfy most of the complaints here.

That's just my opinion... I know it really doesn't matter at this point, and nothing will probably change, but I'd just like to share that anyways.:)

Guys, we can keep saying all day that "I'm shocked that this mod didn't make the cut" over and over, but just because you think it should have doesn't mean that others feel the same way. Right now, for the most part, I don't think I could have wanted better nominees to receive these awards.

I will agree on the different category for mods like ACE2.

Opticalsnare: the biggest award is to see guys playing your stuff, not getting some kind of an award that the dust will gather on :)

Democracy.

We'll take your comments under advisement however :)

Pretty sure there are existing community awards threads elsewhere.