Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

OBE for CM boss.

If approved by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office your neighbour could get one. Submit nominations to David Milliband. (The new Tony Blair !!:rolleyes:).

BURN HIM!!

Codemasters makes lots of different games, just because we don't like a particular title doesn't mean the bloke who runs it all doesn't deserve an honour. Running a company selling exports in the UK isn't exactly easy.

I am pretty sure the government sees the value of the gaming industry and is either wanting to simply praise the top hats or is trying to woo them in some way.

Actually... Codemasters' list of games could be published as a hall of gaming mediocrity by itself, with Operation Flashpoint being nearly the only pearl in the junkyard. I'd give them credit for being a big publisher but not much else. Their games are mediocre and they evidently lack business sense, first trying to influence Bohemia's vision and then showing that their own vision is what you see in Dragon Rising.

Edited by Celery

Actually... Codemasters' list of games could be published as a hall of gaming mediocrity by itself, with Operation Flashpoint being nearly the only pearl in the junkyard. I'd give them credit for being a big publisher but not much else. Their games are mediocre and they evidently lack business sense, first trying to influence Bohemia's vision and then showing that their own vision is what you see in Dragon Rising.

Seems they've been trying for the combat sim genre for a while...

952792_111598_front.jpg

...keep trying.

O M G !

More reason for Australia becoming a Republic sooner rather than later .....

Codemasters makes lots of different games, just because we don't like a particular title doesn't mean the bloke who runs it all doesn't deserve an honour. Running a company selling exports in the UK isn't exactly easy.

I am pretty sure the government sees the value of the gaming industry and is either wanting to simply praise the top hats or is trying to woo them in some way.

Fuck no

Maybe the rest of the British industry is just more fucked up than the gaming industry (with CM being the only representative left) :p

Maybe the rest of the British industry is just more fucked up than the gaming industry (with CM being the only representative left) :p

That's not actually too far from the truth. Personally, I think it's just the governments attempt to "get down with the kids", (the 10-25 year ols kids anyway...you know what I mean. Young voters. I'm not imply anyone in that age bracket is a kid. :))

I think this is more a case of Codemasters being the only real British game developer and publisher left. The rest have either been bought up by big foriegn publishers and shipped off to California (because of the wonderful blue-collar office worker laws that means they can force them to work overtime with no extra pay! Yey! There's a reason the tech industry lives there lol).

The rest are either developers who get published by big foreign companies or they simply went out of business. It kind of sums up British industry really. Foreigners do it cheaper and nobody here seems to care any more.

We have no car industary... Apart from Noble... £250,000 car anyone... minus the £2000 off deal.

We have no industary left. It's either German or American.

LOL

Please explain it to me, what does this meant to him now? Only Honor and reputation, or does he get extra Money?

The Queen is getting old I think....

The Queen is getting old I think....

She's getting senile and handing awards to the wrong people :D

Its more like a Civil Servant arrives at "the Castle" with a loadof honours awards for the queen to sign. I'd imagine it goes like this:

"Some papers for you to sign Maaa'aaam".

"New Years Honours list"? Says the queen".

"Yes Maaaaa'aaam".

*scribble* *scribble* *etc*

"But who are all these people. I will have to read through these a bit".

"SIGN THE FUCKING PAPERS!!!. Maaaa'aaaam"

Don't they address the queen with "Your majesty"? :confused: :p

^^ hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The Royal Family have no power in Great Britian UK / England. The Gov't writes the Queens speach.

Well that's just bullshit, isn't it?

If its that easy I may try myself for my services in 'playing video games'

The Queen clearly wasn't around OpF from the beginning or she'd be aware of the CM atrocities. She needs to get away from those basic FPS imo...

Well that's just bullshit, isn't it?

If its that easy I may try myself for my services in 'playing video games'

The Queen clearly wasn't around OpF from the beginning or she'd be aware of the CM atrocities. She needs to get away from those basic FPS imo...

I think Her Maj is more into games like The Guild etc. That way she can actually rule a kingdom.

EDIT: And she wont even let Charles have a go.

Edited by Bascule42