Sign in to follow this  
adamant

Patch 1.04 and 1.05 install errors!?!?

Ok i got the same errors, no mather where i get the patch file from, also using windows 7 64 bits and steam, i think myself its related to that.

Cause i tried patching my install of ARMA (copied all the files) on a friends computer and used the patch setup file i used (the one that kept failing. And it installed fine. He has the same specs as i do.. But only differents is that he runs windows XP 32 bits. (he laso uses steam version.

Conclusion:

-patch is not corrupted

-ARMA install is not corrupted

-Windows 7 64 bits seems the problem of the errors

hmmm ok.. you have 64 bits XP or 32... probably 32. But just to be sure.

But did somebody with windows 7 and ARMA2 " STEAM " version actually installed the patch? If so, can you tell me what you did?

Update fellas, I actually went out and bought the DVD version (505 games).

Just installed it and applied patches. It went from .01 to .03 to .04 and .05 without a single error!! So it's definitely a problem with the downloadable version, whether or not it's caused by W7 or the other way around I can't tell.

Glad to have it working though, just a bit silly I paid for it twice, but I can give the other version to a friend who uses vista, so it's not an entirely wasted purchase :o

I'm out of ideas totally. I've reinstalled and tested it and it's 1.04, I drop out and hit patch. It patches clean with XP32. I start the game and instantly crash now. furthermore, I use steam so I don't have to worry about major patches and it auto updates, now that's no good. I"m so frustrated. I bought a new processor just for this game, but I've spent the last two days reinstalling and downloading and burning DVD's and so forth. It was working fine until I put a new processor in and decided to do a fresh install. Now, it patches and instacrashes. Two days off, I was hoping to play with new processor and instead playing with this patch.

I'm this close to /ragequitting a game I love.

update: I started searching on those error codes that it's spitting out. Appears that it's plagued patches from Bis since the early Arma1 patches. people have been getting them since patch 1.08 in Arma1. nifty. apparently they figured out that if the file is not installed at the default location, then it will return the error. therefore I think i"m correct in saying the steam version isn't compatable. The patch is looking for the game to be sitting in the folder where the DVD version installs. I'm going to try something else, and I bet it works. will report back.

Also, I'm re patching under windows XP and getting them. and this is in safe mode.

ok, I officially give up. I've redownloaded steam version fresh install from scratch, I've redownloaded the patch.

Apply patch. (this used to work for me but now broken).

bombs out.

I'm uninstalling. yes, uninstalling. I've wasted 2 days getting this to work, and it's ridiculous. see you at 1.06 I've had it.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Can't BIS just give apply the patch via Steam like 1.04 did? I simply can't get it to work probably because it doesn't see the game directory and I can't make it see it.

Hi guys, I'm really new to ArmA 2 but I freaking love the potential that is just waiting for me to learn, even though I rarely game anymore.

My specs go as the following.

Win 7 x64 RC 7100

AMD 3700+ 2g OCZ 2.2.2.5

ATI 3650HD @ 760Mb memory

ArmA 2 Steam Version. With updates disabled.

I have ArmA2 backed up, as I've tried this new 1.05 patch a couple times.

1.04 worked fairly well with graphics set to normal all around. I enjoyed the multiplayer for a while and whatnot. so it worked. Awesome.

Now the .05 patch CTD and gives me " Invalid Crew Civilian " error. I've installed the EW hotfix & got the same error again.

I've also done it with updates disabled each time, even done it with steam on & off during .05 patch & ew hotfix.

Obviously I've stated more than enough things to be the culprit. ie: Steam version, win7x64rc7100, being human.

Every driver and software is up to date.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,

+TS.

Backing up to 1.04 makes it work again

Same issue with Download version from IDEA games

Installed once fine on Seven. Reinstall (for performance reasons), got the same errors on various pbos

re-install over the Morphicon installation, then applied patch, on Win XP. Same errors.

The patcher treats my version like a Steam one. There's something fishy with the downloadable versions and 1.05 patch

I've noticed this, too. It recognizes my install version as Steam, when it isn't.

The prior ones did not.

this is interesting. Was digging around in my registry and there is no entry for my arma2 directory where it should be. now we are down to registry hacks. This is a fresh install too.

OK, I corrected it, for IDEA download version :

* Reinstall the game

* patch to 1.04. There's apparently no detection, and the patch runs fine.

* run the 1.05 patch. The game is now recognized as "DVD Install", and patching goes all fine.

Issue is with the Steam version. There's a specific thread for this

Ah - it may not've worked because I'd had the 1.04 betas....

Will try this.

Edit:

Bingo.

Patch 105 decided I had the A2 DVD, and installed like normal! Firing it up and I have the 105 patch!

Great work!

I *really* don't mind a multi-step upgrade path, as long as it gets to a "real" installation. I *really* do not like registry hacks and manual installations that may or may not work. I would advise BI (as if they care what I think), for future patches, that they say the patch install should be over a non-beta install of the most recent full patch.

Edited by TRexian

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92739

Ok I understand that the steam version is the culprit for the most part. However I searching the reg yields nothing. I just cannot find that wormy little freak basket anywhere.

as I can't just reinstall the game to any specific drive I suppose this is where I just lay waiting for steam to get with it.

I may be wrong.

+TS.

Steam version is not the culprit as I have the DVD version from 505 games and this is what I see after uninstalling ARMA2 ans deleting ALL mods and configs.

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA II DVD

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.05...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\CHARACTERS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.02-1.03\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\BUILDINGS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\CHARACTERS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD.#DEFAULT cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.05 has been applied successfully.

WTF is going on? This is a right royal pain in the arse.

Lugnut may be onto something though as I indtalled my game to E:\ARMA2\ as opposed to the default location

SD

Edited by Soupdragon

What worked for me is patching from original (1.02 in my case) to 1.04, then to 1.05. You might give that a try.

Ok i fixed the errors... But its the weirdest thing ever.

First i start with my specs. I have a intel i7 9800 GTX+ running Windows 7 64 bits with ARMA 2 on steam and 4GB internal mem.

You know i tried evrything what was suggested on these forums. Nothing helped. I was on the brink to reinstall the whole system. But before i wanted to do that i wanted to play some Rainbow Six vegas on STEAM.

STEAM told me there was a update ready for install (just normal STEAM UPDATE). I needed to restart steam to apply it. So i restart STEAM.

When it was about to load up STEAM crashed and winows gave me a error message.. i was like WTF is this. That night i tried evrything to get it to work. Again i was on the brink of reinstalling my whole system. Cause i didn't tought i never could got it to work.

I made a backup of my entire STEAM folder. Just did one last check if my corrupted STEAM worked in save mode like a friend suggested... And WTF... the corrupted STEAM worked in save mode. I was like yes... tried to update ARMA 1.05 patch... And it failed with the same errors (in save mode).

I go back to my normal windows mode and try to start corrupted STEAM, but that failed again. At that moment i tought some proces or program in the background caused steam to crash.

Than i accidently start up the backup version of STEAM (exact copy of the corrupted STEAM). And WTF.. it worked again. Updated normally evrything. Than i was like hmmm maybe the patch for ARMA2 will work now.

I verified the ARMA2 files, that where offcourse on the backup STEAM and let it download the files he could not verify. (I did this numoures times with the not working STEAM when it was still working, but never could get it to work like that).

After i verified the files so it was registered in the registry, i applied the patch and never got those error messages again.

So the fix for it was. Copy your entire STEAM folder to another location on your Hard drive verify your ARMA2 game files in that copy so the system knows it is on that location now. And than run patch 1.05 for ARMA2.. (don't reinstall STEAM entirely.)

I got it to work like this on accident.. hope it will work for you guy's.

Lord knows I've no room to dick around with any of you, your help has been amazing for what of it you have given, Dwarden especially, you sir are a hero.

Ok windows 7 x64 people running steam. This is all I did.

1: Steam platform randomly updated today & took a good minute. So I figured it might be an ArmA2 fix, negative. Still loaded version 1.04.

2:Set ArmA2's auto update to disable.

3:Shut down steam completely.

4:Opened Regedit & CTRL+F for find. Searched " Bohemia " & found it under " \HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA2 "

5:Added New String Value and called it " MAIN "

6:Added " c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 " to " MAIN " string I just created.

7:Installed Patch 1.05, not a single error, installed finished perfectly.

8:Ran ArmA2, steam turned on, ArmA2 started up and went past the splash screen this time without the damned " Invalid Crew Civilian " error.

Everything seems to be working. *crosses fingers and loads jinx cannon in case *

+TS.

Deciding if I should backup this newly working 1.5 & continue with the EW update and/or/if-I-can/need-to, hotfix.

Just asking that makes my insides scream no.

Thoughts?

+TS.

505 DVD version 1.4, xp32.

Errors, gonna try some things to see if I can make it work. It is obviously not related to 64 bit, steam nor downloaded versions.

Edit: I made a reinstall. Now its updating just fine from 1.01.

Edited by andersson

OK, I corrected it, for IDEA download version :

* Reinstall the game

* patch to 1.04. There's apparently no detection, and the patch runs fine.

* run the 1.05 patch. The game is now recognized as "DVD Install", and patching goes all fine.

Issue is with the Steam version. There's a specific thread for this

Thanks you!

Works perfectly :)

1ST AA2 WAS A DITGLE DOWNLOAD INSTALLED 1.05 PATCH SAY ALOT OF WEPONS AND OTHERS POB ADONS MISSING. BUT GAME RUNS? OS IS VISTA ULTAME. HAD VERSOIN 1.02 I THING? Direct2Drive IS WHERE I GOT THE GAME. HELP