Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

Warning: 1.05 Broke All My Saves!

Yes, this has been explained numerous times before that you will have to restart any missions when you upgrade to another patch.

On a similar note, anyone with the german version having issues viewing the briefing with the english --> german patch?

never ever resume from save, but restart mission from scratch ...

that's key rule for all major patches

and was repeated many times

..was repeated many times

Being the key words.

You might try reverting to the begining of the mission you are on. I've seen that work before and that way you won't have to start at the very begining. But not sure. If you read the read me file it says previous saves won't likely work

If loading older saved games is not something that's going to be supported by newer versions, then the game should throw up a OK dialog box saying this save is not supported by this version of the game.

Instead, the game will try to load it anyway but crash to the desktop. That's VERY poor form and unacceptable. As a software engineer, I just shake my head at this and many other issues. This is the only game I know of that will do this. Hell, even 10+ year old games that don't support old saves will not do this.

I hate to be completely negative, but this is honestly the most fragile software application I've ever used. It has a lot of great potential and offers a lot of things other games can not, but it's about as stable as a stack of BB's.

wow always the lack of reading... DUH, saves never work between patches! Since... i dont know, DOOM1 and its first patch in 1994....

Instead, the game will try to load it anyway but crash to the desktop. That's VERY poor form and unacceptable. As a software engineer, I just shake my head at this and many other issues. This is the only game I know of that will do this. Hell, even 10+ year old games that don't support old saves will not do this.

If something doesn't work read manual finally (patch install instructions).

Hi all

To jasonnoguchi

You have wrote about this problem in several threads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92133

Hi jasonnoguchi

In general you Cannot Launch Any Saved Mission With a Different Exe in other words beta or full version change. Any time you manage to do it is pure luck.

Stop trying to do it. ;)

If you are talking about a campaign: Complete the mission with the version you started it with or revert the mission, then continue the campaign with any new exe.

Kind Regards walker

Hi jasonnoguchi

I explained this in the Beta testing thread where you wrote the same thing.

Hint: The exe in 1.05 is different to 1.04 is different to each beta.

This has been explained sever times on the forum, it only affects half copleted missions, NOT the whole campaigns.

The campaign is fine you just revert the current mission and continue the campaign from there.

Kind Regards walker

Once again your campaigns are NOT BROKEN all you need to do is revert the last mission, or if you want to you can finish them with the earlier exe.

As has been said this has been answered many times.

Kind Regards walker