Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Good job implementing the few into the mod, if you use them online even though its installed it says it requires "few_air". :/

Edited by Profanwolf

Can I run this mod with ACE 2, or it must be vanilla?

Tnx

The mod is not adjusted to work together with ACE2, it may work or may not.. maybe you just try and report if any problems occur..

And oh yeah, heres a link to the entire pack, all patched up.

hurr

Edited by Profanwolf

@Profanwolf

Looks like you have managed to find all the scripts which were used to just test if some ideas were working. Both of those never worked like intended (in Arma1) and abandoned the ideas at least for some time.

All the systems which are ment to be used will be documented

Instructions to make the level bombing manually (Arma1 lancasters)...

1) place some bombers on the map (set the mode in the unit dialog as FLYING)

2) You normally want them to be in the same group (F2 GROUP mode and pull lines from planes into the the leader plane)

3) Planes normally start at 100m above ground. If you want them to start higher, then write the next line in the init line of each plane (unit dialog). The flying altitude is 500m in the example.

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 500]; this flyInHeight 500; cycle=0;

4) Select a plane from the group and select the waypoint mode (cannot remember what F key it was). Click on hte map where you want to put a waypont. You should place it so that the bombing target is between the formation and the waypoint. You should also make the plane orientation (flying direction) towards the 1st waypoint. Rotating can be done by selecting object(s) and shift+mouse key+move mouse (iirc) or in the unit dialog.

5) Select the trigger mode (some F key again) and click on the map somewhere between the target and the flight group. Create rectangular trigger by clicking on the map (circular works too, but rectangular works better). Make it activate by PRESENCE and BLUEFOR. If you use some other side, change if needed. You should set it fire REPEATABLE. Make sure the trigger width or height is at least the flight altitude + some extra (if the altitude is 500m, 600m should be enough)

6) Copy into the trigger test (condition):

this and cycle==0

7) Into the trigger ACTIVATION box copy this:

{ if( (vehicle _x) isKindOf "Plane" ) then { _x selectWeapon "500lb_Rail"; _x fire ["500lb_Rail","All","28rd_500lb"]; }; } forEach thisList; cycle=1;

8) Into the deactivation box:

cycle=0;

9) Test the mission and if they drop the bombs too early or late, adjust the trigger location/size until they hit the intended area.

We've overcome some hurdles in our performace department with the infantry. Right now as the mod sits, if you put 20 or so of the nicely textured 101st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd rangers, 82nd, or 29th infantry, you see a FPS hit big time which causes some serious lag and frame loss.

We've worked that out and now you can put just a ton on the same screen and you're good to go. We've made our textures and materials more efficient and changed the way our LOD's load into the game.

Excellent! Glad you're fixing stuff like that.. I'm really looking forward to the next release. With so many changes, I hope you do another beta before you put out 1.0

1.00 will be the next official release. If it requires small fixes here and there, then we will take care of them.

Once again, this mod works with Vanilla ArmA2. It is not compatible with ACE or other mods.

The addons we plan to remove from the folder are Beton's addon's & The FEW. However they will STILL be required to run The 31st Normandy Mod.

The reason why we do this is so we can give the addon makers the ability to update their addons. This only benefits players with patches and improved performance and refined appearance.

The mod is not adjusted to work together with ACE2, it may work or may not.. maybe you just try and report if any problems occur..

Its ok..I'll just run it with vanilla;)

But im gona wait for 1.0 version tough

Tnx Beton

And oh yeah, heres a link to the entire pack, all patched up.

link removed

Might want to put it in the OP.

I think its great that you did that. However you did not ask prior to doing it. Concerns I have are the files updated properly in order? Are they all originals? Have they been modified by a third party? Do they contain a virus?

That is why people ask first to have official mirrors. For that reason and of the beta I only wanted a limited distribution on a couple mirrors. I do not want the work of our mod and it's rep to disappear simply because someone else decided to pack it all up and distribute it on their own.

Please remove your link and ask next time.

We can't provide our support for this type of distribution method.

Edited by Rip31st

I think its great that you did that. However you did not ask prior to doing it. Concerns I have are the files updated properly in order? Are they all originals? Have they been modified by a third party? Do they contain a virus?

That is why people ask first to have official mirrors. For that reason and of the beta I only wanted a limited distribution on a couple mirrors. I do not want the work of our mod and it's rep to disappear simply because someone else decided to pack it all up and distribute it on their own.

Please remove your link and ask next time.

We can't provide our support for this type of distribution method.

So basically, i remove the link, then ask you, then put it back ? Well that's brilliant. And all the .fr links on armaholic are dead.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

and i didn't see you yell at the guy who put up his gol clan mirror :I

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

@Profanwolf

Looks like you have managed to find all the scripts which were used to just test if some ideas were working. Both of those never worked like intended (in Arma1) and abandoned the ideas at least for some time.

All the systems which are ment to be used will be documented

Instructions to make the level bombing manually (Arma1 lancasters)...

1) place some bombers on the map (set the mode in the unit dialog as FLYING)

2) You normally want them to be in the same group (F2 GROUP mode and pull lines from planes into the the leader plane)

3) Planes normally start at 100m above ground. If you want them to start higher, then write the next line in the init line of each plane (unit dialog). The flying altitude is 500m in the example.

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 500]; this flyInHeight 500; cycle=0;

4) Select a plane from the group and select the waypoint mode (cannot remember what F key it was). Click on hte map where you want to put a waypont. You should place it so that the bombing target is between the formation and the waypoint. You should also make the plane orientation (flying direction) towards the 1st waypoint. Rotating can be done by selecting object(s) and shift+mouse key+move mouse (iirc) or in the unit dialog.

5) Select the trigger mode (some F key again) and click on the map somewhere between the target and the flight group. Create rectangular trigger by clicking on the map (circular works too, but rectangular works better). Make it activate by PRESENCE and BLUEFOR. If you use some other side, change if needed. You should set it fire REPEATABLE. Make sure the trigger width or height is at least the flight altitude + some extra (if the altitude is 500m, 600m should be enough)

6) Copy into the trigger test (condition):

this and cycle==0

7) Into the trigger ACTIVATION box copy this:

{ if( (vehicle _x) isKindOf "Plane" ) then { _x selectWeapon "500lb_Rail"; _x fire ["500lb_Rail","All","28rd_500lb"]; }; } forEach thisList; cycle=1;

8) Into the deactivation box:

cycle=0;

9) Test the mission and if they drop the bombs too early or late, adjust the trigger location/size until they hit the intended area.

I love you aqu, also i got the level flight script working so i don't need the helicopter elevation command, thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Okay where can i find all the bomber weapons and classnames for weapons?

So basically, i remove the link, then ask you, then put it back ? Well that's brilliant. And all the .fr links on armaholic are dead.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

and i didn't see you yell at the guy who put up his gol clan mirror :I

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I love you aqu, also i got the level flight script working so i don't need the helicopter elevation command, thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Okay where can i find all the bomber weapons and classnames for weapons?

If you use the search thread function you can find all the class names. There is also a script that you can use to get the class names.

Changelog:

v0.99b

-added cool US ww2 style calendars ( for mission editors to use in missions) in aqu_misc.pbo. German style calendar comes later

It's really strange. I didn't find such aqu_misc.pbo in the patch of v0.99b.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Which we are working hard on improving.

We've overcome some hurdles in our performace department with the infantry. Right now as the mod sits, if you put 20 or so of the nicely textured 101st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd rangers, 82nd, or 29th infantry, you see a FPS hit big time which causes some serious lag and frame loss.

We've worked that out and now you can put just a ton on the same screen and you're good to go. We've made our textures and materials more efficient and changed the way our LOD's load into the game.

For the moment, I could still put at least one platoon on each side. I hope such new modification on texture won't degrade the quality of these soldiers.

Hey Rip31st, did your saw new tank damage system that ACE uses now? It's really great and very realistic. It would be great if you use it or make something similiar to this. If you do, this will be the best WWII mod in all ofp history ! Just imagine that you can shoot 200 times with 37mm gun to Tiger tank without effect, and you can destroy king tiger with one shoot from bazooka in side or rear armor. Realistic tank battles are really important for me and i think not only for me :)

Sorry for my english.

Hey Rip31st, did your saw new tank damage system that ACE uses now? It's really great and very realistic. It would be great if you use it or make something similiar to this. If you do, this will be the best WWII mod in all ofp history ! Just imagine that you can shoot 200 times with 37mm gun to Tiger tank without effect, and you can destroy king tiger with one shoot from bazooka in side or rear armor. Realistic tank battles are really important for me and i think not only for me :)

Sorry for my english.

We have our own damage already effects on some vehicles. We are working on a similar system.

We have our own damage already effects on some vehicles. We are working on a similar system.

Thanks for quick reply. I'm happy to hear this, it would be nice to see some naval battles too, beacause i just discovered one german ship and its nice, but WIP, i think.

Thanks for quick reply. I'm happy to hear this, it would be nice to see some naval battles too, beacause i just discovered one german ship and its nice, but WIP, i think.

Yes there is one WIP German vessel in there. Also a LCM(3) landing craft that will be replaced with a much improved model. Also there are several naval units in work including subs.

Naval will come out in phase 3 ( version 1.02 ) of this mod.

Hi, I want to get this installed and was wondering if for each patch do I create seperate mod folders for them or just throw everything in one folder and let it overwrite?

Thank you :)

Any guy could tell how to put the fourth crew in an empty tank in the editor? When I used ' this movein cargo xxx', nothing happened and that crew still was outside of the tank.

Any guy could tell how to put the fourth crew in an empty tank in the editor? When I used ' this movein cargo xxx', nothing happened and that crew still was outside of the tank.

It's " this moveinCommander tankww2"

or "this moveInGunner tankww2" or "this moveInDriver tankww2" :rolleyes:

Edit:

If you mean "Loader" i don't know... but you don't really need it.

Edited by Royal-Killer

Noone is interesed in mp playing in WWII atmosphere? I don't see any 31st servers running :/

lets get the mod ready first, then create some missions and lets do some nice mp-playing,

btw, Rip31st, please dont forge about the static MGs, especially the mg42 :)

still needin the for the omaha landing

Static Machine Guns have been discussed within the team,

And we have idea's that we have worked out.

If it's included or not in the V1.00 release i can't say.

There is a lot being worked on internally,

With universal systems for weapons,Ammo and Damage.

Not to mention the cleaning up and optimization of the previous beta release.

With a few new additions to the mod,

Being added along the way. :)

I would say that static MG's were possible,

But not critical for the 1.0 version release.

The public getting a stable and much improved mod from that of the beta would be the main goal.

There might be a placeholder static MG to fill the roll,I Don't know.

But Rip will provide a more complete answer later i would imagine.

Hope this helps you slightly until then.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

It's " this moveinCommander tankww2"

or "this moveInGunner tankww2" or "this moveInDriver tankww2" :rolleyes:

Edit:

If you mean "Loader" i don't know... but you don't really need it.

Thanks. But I just would like to know how to put the fourth crew into a tank. For commander, gunner and driver, I've made it. For ARMA2 tanks from T-Roc, they could allow for four crews I think.

Noone is interesed in mp playing in WWII atmosphere? I don't see any 31st servers running :/

The addon is not signed and don't have a server key yet. :(

[quote name=

I would say that static MG's were possible' date='

But not critical for the 1.0 version release.

[/quote]

Maybe a Mortar to be used by AI for supporting fire would be possible in V1.00? Now it should be important and necessary fire supporter for the WW2 infantry in a close combat.